Appropriate Leader Looks

Leodavinci

Great Merchant
Definitely this is not my idea - to have a leader look which is era related and in one of the previous civs it was even done.
What I want to come up with is potential solution to leader looks.
Leaders should change their looks by switching first column Civics and have different looks based on whether they changed civics thanks to Pyramids or they had a pre tech for that.
Civic Pyramids Pre Tech
Hereditary Rule Royal/Ethnic look Royal/Ethnic look
Representation Toga? Business Suit
Police State Military antique Military modern (Stalin/Castro style:lol:)
Universal Suf Ethnic common man Jeans and T - shirt style

On the foreign advisor screen the current original leader heads may stay, as well as I suggest keeping them in left upper corner on dialog window with the leader so that I would notice who am I talking to and then have a good lough watching Monty in motobiker outfit (it would suit him best after US) :lol: /or Roosewelt barbarian 4000 BC.

Sorry, too much beer yesterday:) will try to put it simpler.
Proposal #1
Leader outfit should correspond to Civics they are running.
If we do not count Pyramids then
Hereditary Rule should give royal/ethnic outfit
Representation should give something close to modern Political outfit
Police State should give military outfit
Universal Suffrage should be casual style - jeans, T-shirt, Cowboy hats

Proposal #2
The outfit should differ in case you have a tech for civics or you run civics via Pyramids.
For Pyramids:
HR - the same
R - Roman toga
PS - ancient military outfit
US - ancient common citizen outfit

Proposal #3
To not make a total confusion it would be great to leave original leader look in the left upper corner on the diplo screen, so that we could recognize leader. And then have some fun looking at his full picture with totally different outfit.

I'm sure you would recognise someone in different clothing, our brains are wired to be able to do that.

Top Bottom