[BTS] Archived - Was supposed to be BOTM 201 Results, but had errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
UPDATE: IGNORE THIS THREAD! It contains incorrect results resulting from an error in our parser. Leaving this up for now for historical interest. The correct results are here

EDIT: Please ignore these results for now. Seems the unusual game setup has confused our results parser so it hasn't recognised any victories. We're investigating....

-------------------

(Yes, I've taken over publishing these results too)

Ummm, what can I say? Congratulations to @Powerfaker and @MarleysGh0st for winning the only two awards we were able to hand out this time... namely, the green and red ambulances! :crazyeye:

We have just occasionally seen deity-level games where no-one has won. But I don't think I've ever seen a game where no-one won and the game wasn't even a deity one! So I guess the real congratulations should go to the mapmaker @Noble Zarkon - for defeating everyone! :clap::bounce::woohoo:

Summary of Medal Winners: (<--- Yeah, right! Shortest summary ever!)

Other Award Winners:

Powerfaker: 1915 AD Domination Loss, 11,701 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1946 AD Spaceship Loss, 4,237 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
For the record... Once again our map-generator got completely confused by the unique game setup, and plotted where player 0 (the AI-controlled Zeus) settled its 2nd city (after the pre-settled New Olympus).

Here's where everyone settled Zeus settled in everyone's games.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Hey DS, actually some of us won... The GOTM system somehow said we lost to the Ottomans (which is Zeus).. If you go to the replay, you can see Zeus/Poseidon actually won the game.

Thank you for picking up the mantle :)

I'm sorry, but you need to go through the results again. Several people won the game, and mentioned in the final spoiler thread that the results page incorrectly showed it as a loss, despite the game showing the win.
PS: For some reason the summary screen after submitting has the wrong information. It states we lost to space diplo to the Ottomans (huh?) and the score is very low.
@Powerfaker had an incredibly impressive game for example, beating down the "Chinese".

Hey DS, actually some of us won... The GOTM system somehow said we lost to the Ottomans (which is Zeus).. If you go to the replay, you can see Zeus/Poseidon actually won the game.

OK thanks, and sorry about that. I guess the unusual setup confused our results parser (which has never before had to cope with the human not being player 0). And since this wasn't my game so I didn't know too much about it, I just believed the results parser and wrote based on what it said. I've added a rider to the starting post to say to ignore these results, while we investigate what went wrong. May take some days I'm afraid as it'll require some debugging.

There's a mix up in the save file parser that confuses Player ID with Team ID, so when a team wins, it isn't recognised as the same ID as the human player. I'm working through the results manually to fix the database. Apologies.

[UPDATE]

I have recalculated the results, and I suggest DS replaces the top post to reflect the true state of the game:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Pangaea: 1775 AD Diplomatic Victory, 145,831 points.

Powerfaker: 1915 AD Domination Victory, 84,922 points.

Lawrence: 1903 AD Spaceship Victory, 67,572 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1860 AD Domination Victory, 67,081 points.

Other Award Winners:

greatbeyond: 2004 AD Spaceship Victory, 19,637 points.

kcd_swede: 1923 AD Spaceship Loss, 5,350 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1946 AD Spaceship Loss, 4,237 points.

Last edited:
Thanks @AlanH! That was very quick work. I'm intending to archive this thread and create a new one with the correct results in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom