• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Are they making Civ 5?

CivKing2007

Chieftain
I also really hope they bring back ModEditing like they had in Civ 3. Im not a big fan of the Civ 4 Modding! I like how Civ 3 had an editor.

What do people know about Civ 5?

CivIV has an Editor too, it's called Worldbuilder.

They won't make V 'til Bts gets "Game Of The Year". That's what they did with IV's production.

I also really hope they bring back ModEditing like they had in Civ 3. Im not a big fan of the Civ 4 Modding! I like how Civ 3 had an editor.

What do people know about Civ 5?

Yeah, me too, but I don't think CiV's gonna be coming out any time soon. And that's good because tghat means they're not rushing.

Theres another editor but you have to be cool to use it.. ever notice the "Cheatcode = 0" line in the config file?

:p

I also want Civ3 style editor in Civ5, but I want an GOOD Civ 5 (if Civ 3 creators had the same tech that Civ 4 creators had, Civ 3 would be better), so it will take time... let's see if the paratrooper comes in the vannila version and slow computers could run it without crashing

How you even get the CivIII Editor?

with the new console version... itll be longer before we see Civ5. I was hoping Civ5 would be out by 2010, but after the announcement of the consoles, I'm sure itll be out in 2011 or 2012. I just hope they make it better. Civ4 was half completed game, Warlords finished the game, then BtS came out, and it really seems only half done, needs some major reworking. I was hoping that if they do Civ5 they make a mix between Civ3 and Civ4. I liked Civ3's map making abilities better, I liked the borders better, I also liked that other units cant pile where you are. But if they did civ5 I wouldnt be satisfied completely unless they mixed a little bit of Call To Power ideas in there. Yes I know different companies and such, but, CTP had many ideas that made other civ games feel lacking.

How you even get the CivIII Editor?

THeir easy to understand. By the time Conquest came out CIv'3 editer was much more refined you accomplished things by checkmarkin boxes like you would an ballot sheet. Checkmarking and greying, whats to get? :D

I great civ5 would be a CIv3 on roids, includin payin best programmer 1mil to expand CIv3's editer to include: Added buildings apearing in the ol cityveiw(with city veiw having greater detail aswell), Ethno diversity in irrigation, Modern commencement of mineral extraction, blah blah, and another 40 graphic upgrade focusing on a variety of 'eyecandy with a purpose in addin replay value' thingys, aka palace/throne room revamp/upgrade

Image that added with a civ3 editer where the options where so long you could scroll down the page to keep up the refinement in rules?
Yes bring the modding back to the people and away from its current use as the company's way to screen for potential candidates to fill in its "bonus content" dept.
If they make Civ5 any more difficult to mod then soon SId will be interviewing all succesful mod designers for his elite programmer vacancys.. :)

speaking of worldbuilder - is there any way to start designing a world from scratch, ie starting just with ocean? Even "changing all plots" to ocean means there are mountains under the sea and weird stuff like that... :crazyeye:

Not really. You would have to have a "launch pad" for each Civ or they will be destroyed.

Yeah, but you COULD put the Civ's settler where you want and sink the one they have. Problem somewhat solved.

I understand. OK I will have a play around. I kind of gave up last time after I created an nice world and then all Civs died immediately...! Now I understand why :lol:

Worst yet my "score" made it onto my Hall of Fame - I think I had grand total of 17 - a permanent scar on my record! :cry:

Civ Revolutions looks like a cheap, shallow knockoff of Civ, much like the Railroad Tycoon series compared to Railroads.

It's not coming out on the PC, though, so hopefully we'll see Civ V

Worst yet my "score" made it onto my Hall of Fame - I think I had grand total of 17 - a permanent scar on my record! :cry:

You can delete scores in (your) HoF

(if you're playing BtS, it should be in "C:\Documents and Settings\example\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Replays")

i also liked the palace expansion and aerial view in Civ 3, but if they put the aerial view, they'll gonna have to work on it, it was too simple in Civ 3 and all the cities looked a bit the same...

Top Bottom