[BNW] Are Weekly Turns Possible?

sman1975

Emperor
Greetings all,

Working on the next Mod - something Napoleonic... :crazyeye:

Would like to use a turn length of 1 week per turn. Lowest I can use out of the box is monthly. Seems excessive for how I'm trying to build the scenario. I've looked high and low, but haven't found many alternatives to put this in the mod.

I know that RED uses weekly turns. From what I've been able to see is they use a substitute TopPanel.lua to implement that. I see in some of the discussions that this doesn't work when you open a saved game as it reverts to the normal Civ V dating convention.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know of a different weekly turn technique other than RED's? If there is one, please point me to the Mod and I'll figure it out.

2. Is the saved game problem still existing with RED or is it fixed?

Once again, thanks to all for any suggestions!

Sman

I removed the dates from my game, but I still use the handler:
Turn 1, pre-save:
upload_2016-12-8_14-4-14.png

Turn 1, post-save:
upload_2016-12-8_14-5-39.png

Maybe I'm reading it wrong and I'm totally wrong here, but it seems it was patched along the way?
Why don't you try by yourself before shutting it down?

@bane - Before I proceeded too far down the road using RED's solution, I wanted to see if there was an alternative to using the Top Panel replacement, or at least make sure the solution worked for saved games.

I've never replaced game components like this before, so I figured it would take quite a while to get it working - I'm a pretty slow learner and even slower coder... ;) If something is already out there and working (and simple!) I'm not ashamed of grabbing it up and saving development time anytime possible.

From what I'm hearing from you, it sounds like it's a good way to go, so I'll start hunkering down and learn a new trick or two.

Thanks!

sman

OK - it's working now. Only took an hour or so for me to get it working with the right dates and all.

One problem I should have thought about and avoided at the beginning - if you're going to replace TopPanel.lua - be sure to grab the one from the \expansion2\UI\InGame folder.... :crazyeye:

Thanks Bane - for getting me to push myself and learn a few new things!

sman

Top Bottom