Ares de Borg's Terrain Pack II: Preview Thread

I've seen pics of them; I just don't want them to look like landfills (no offense Ares...its good artwork just I don't like it...like you can not like a drawing but apreciate the artists work).

I think ares was goin for the simulated satalite look. Sook its going to look like a slight varient (a little more replica looking )from actual photos from space zoomed up a bit. I ve seen photos very similar as these on satalite shots regarding the textures of the plains and grasslands and how they lock-on with brush and other land types the looks in harmony with nature from a distance. like a god looking down on his world with a zoom lense

Wow! :worship: Wow!
The better it is, the harsher the critique. People just ignore the mediocre.
When you're all done, and are bored again, and looking for something to do, it would be nice to have some rice terraces/paddies, instead of all the straight-row yeoman patch-quilt irrigation out there.
Makes me want to quit work and not answer the phone so I can make more maps, just to look at this beautiful terrain.

Now that is a great idea.............terrace and rice paddies I would like to see that would be great for a lot of mods or scenarios.

Yes, plains look diffrent though out the world.:hmm: To me they are low rolling hill (I think of hills as foothills of mountains, a few hundred feet high, plains are much gentler) with amber waves of grain or praire grass blowing in the wind.;) But that affect may not be possable, due to the way civ construts the map, and low hills would confuse some. perhaps brownish-yellow tall grass with a ripple afect, to look like wind blowing across it. However, this is your Mona Lisa; and no minor detail will diswayed me from using it. What I've seen so far looks like art to me:goodjob:
P.S. a thought on tundra; tundra often has small paches of sallow standing water because the water can't soak into the premanly frozen ground, if it dose it will cause a cone shaped hill with an ice cube center called a "ping-go". However this can't be seen in the winter, just a thought never cared for the all white tundra. Mabey some small tuffs of brown grass; or rocks to simulat galical irreratics.

William GBTW said:
I think satellite is ugly...I want detail! But still its better than snoopys in art...just not my TASTE.

I've already said - several times - that this is not the final product. Ok?

About the new irrigation: Sounds like a nice idea. :)

William GBTW said:
Make the plains like a modified from of Cordys!

Will, it's starting to annoy me. Please be patient.

I'm not trying to annoy you. Just want to give you a suggestion. Still like I said I might not like it all but artisticly speaking its the best :)

Stormrage said:
So, this is what I sounded like in Shiro`s thread? :blush:
You're title is "Very mean person 2" :p

Sorry if I annoyed you somehow Ares de Borg! Take your time, so you can make it better. :)

Will started to annoy me a looooooooooooooooooong time ago. Now, if only he would stop.

No. You Can't be my friend. You're my Number One Croat Home Boy. And that is better than a friend. And Croatian!

OMG... everybody's going crazy when Daddy's not home. :crazyeye:

More screenies may be posted tomorrow, boys. :D

Top Bottom