Aretan Football League (AFL)

Lord Civius

Emperor
Welcome to the Inaugural Season of the AFL. Teams representing their respective Cities will compete in a 8 game season battling for a spot in the Championship game. We have a total of 5 teams for the first season.

Aretan Football League
Arete Oranje (Dutchfire)
Giruvegan Girus (Civplyah)
Edorai (still open)
Arkadia UTD (Joe Harker)
Arkadia Black Stallions (Ice2k4)
Edorai Axeman (people of Edorai)

Team Creation
Team- City, team name, conference and logo (100x75). You may also include a stadium name if you want.

Playing Style:
Aggressive- 4-3-3 (+2 offensive bonus).
Defensive- 4-5-1 (+2 defensive bonus).
Balanced- 4-4-2 (+1 offense and defense).
Personalized Style- ?-?-? (max +2 off or def)

Roster-
11 players including position, name and age.

Goalkeeper
LFB- Left Fullback
CFB- Center Fullback
RFB- Right Fullback
LMF- Left Mid-fielder
CMF- Center Mid-fielder
RMF- Right Mid-fielder
LW- Left Winger
CF- Center Fielder
CF- Center Forward
RW- Right Winger

Schedule
Each team will play all other teams twice, once at home and once away. The 2 teams with the best record will play in the Championship game. If there is a tie for second place then there will be a play-off game to determine the which team goes to the Championship. Awards will also be given to top players in the league at the end of the year giving there team bonuses for the next season.

Gameplay structure- I will play each game using a Random Number Generator. I will break the game down into 2 halves of 45 minutes each (For ease in playing the games) giving the teams alternate scoring chances based on the offensive and defensive game styles, formations and modifiers.

Modifiers
  • Playing style (either +2 off/def or +1 for both)
  • Home-field advantage +1 bonus for offense and def of hometeam.
  • Weather conditions
    rain, extreme heat or cold- -25% scoring chances
    dry, moderate temp- +25% scoring chances
  • 3+ game winning streak- +1 Off and Def bonus

Please get your teams in ASAP as it is a first come first serve basis. Here is a fictitious example team in the AFL:
Aretan Archers

Playstyle- Aggressive 3-3-4

Goalkeeper- Antonius 31
LFB- Xander 25
CFB- Antimedus 27
RFB- Kotsolis 20
LMF- Vasilis 32
CMF- Yonis 38
RMF- Christop 22
LW- Nikos 19
CF- Loukis 21
CF- Angelos* 26
RW- Georgios 33

You're talking about your kind of Football?
:yawn:

I think this our type of football.

Suggestions (To get picky Europeans like me and dutch happy) :)

Aggressive- 3-3-4 Gives their team an extra Striker (+2 offensive bonus).
Defensive- 4-3-3 Gives their team a Sweeper (+2 defensive bonus).

Only the dutch and barclona play that formation. I want the good olde 4-4-2! (Would be in the middle, so get +1 on both)

Also why not be allowed people to create their own teams, all play in the same league (no play-offs or matches against teams in other leagues)

And if you want two leagues then make one lower than the other one, so the bottom team of the top league gets replaced by the top team of the lower league at the end of the season and so on.

(And please please don't use quarters!!!!!)

It is the designed to mirror the MLS structure, which itself mirrors the American Football league system.

Yeah, i know, and i don't particulary like that system myself.

I don't mean to sound annoying, but bizarre league systems don't go down well with me. :)

I think this our type of football.

Suggestions (To get picky Europeans like me and dutch happy) :)

Only the dutch and barclona play that formation. I want the good olde 4-4-2! (Would be in the middle, so get +1 on both)

Also why not be allowed people to create their own teams, all play in the same league (no play-offs or matches against teams in other leagues)

And if you want two leagues then make one lower than the other one, so the bottom team of the top league gets replaced by the top team of the lower league at the end of the season and so on.

(And please please don't use quarters!!!!!)

4-4-2 balanced play style has been added.
It is one league broken down into 2 conferences one Japanese and one Greek to stick with the RP.
The qaurters are for me playing the games not an actual 4 qaurter system. I should have made this more clear or just not mentioned it at all.

It is the designed to mirror the MLS structure, which itself mirrors the American Football league system.

Yes I am more familiar with this structure then other countries.If a team wants to set their team up to reflect their personal preference than by all means do so. Please stick with the 11 players on your roster whatever they may be.

Yeah, i know, and i don't particulary like that system myself.

I don't mean to sound annoying, but bizarre league systems don't go down well with me. :)

The league system is to reflect the Aretan Civilization and not any real life leagues. The play style and roster represent the most basic structure and I am all for teams getting creative. Feel free to add Finishers, Anchors, Generals, Stoppers, Maestro, Attcking Defenders, etc to your roster.

Team Name: Oranje

(Can't be bothered to resize it)
I don't really mind which conference/city I get.

I'll play 4-3-3 (being dutch :p)

Kuijt - Van Nistelrooy - Van Persie

Van Bronckhorst - Van Bommel - Sneijder

De Cler - Hofland - Boulahrouz - Ooijer

Van de Sar​

Kuijt 27
Van Nistelrooy 31
Van Persie 24
Van Bronckhorst 32
Van Bommel 30
Sneijder 23
De Cler 29
Hofland 28
Boulahrouz 27
Ooijer 33
Van de Sar 37

The Oranje will represent Arete in the Kemari Conference. I just need a name and age for your goalie.

Hmmm....well, hopefully, Joe Harker doesn't mind setting up a team for Arkadia :p

I would like to represent New Giruvegan in the Arete Oranje team.

You can create a new team for New Giruvegan in the Kemari Conference if you want to. The Oranje are based in the City of Arete. So I guess I am not quite sure what you are requesting.

Oh, OK! Here goes...

Giruvegan Girus
Home town: New Giruvegan of course!
Conference- Kemari
Formation- 4-3-3

Jacobson-Stoyakovich-Nanak-Ahura
Baal-Isa-Pontius
Jinnah-Madinah-Matthewson​

Roster-
Goalkeeper- Malnius 17
LFB-Stoyackovich 28
CFB- Nanak- 65
RFB- Ahura- 42
Sweeper- Baal- 26
LMF- Isa 47
CMF- Pontius 36
RMF- Jinnah 30
LW- Madinah 37
CF- Matthewson 45
RW- Jacobson 21

The league system is to reflect the Aretan Civilization and not any real life leagues

Fair enough, here's Arkadia team

Kermari Conference

Arkadia UTD (Orginal i know :p)

City name Arkadia

Stadium: The Riverside

No logo yet, computer problems.
Formation (4-4-2, because i am english:p)

GK Chris Kirkland 26
RB Micah Richards 19
CB Jamie Carragher 30
CB Rio Ferdiand 29
LB John Arne Riise 27
RM/W Ashley Young 22
CM Gareth Barry 27
CM Steven Gerrard 27
LM/W Ryan Babel 21
ST Fernando Torres 24
ST Michael Owen 28

Joe's probable logo:

No Kuyt Joe? :(
By the way, you spelled Ferdinand wrong.

Joe's probable logo:

Damn it you can read my mind, or i am becoming predictable :lol:

No Kuyt Joe? :(

No he's a sub! ;) (ie i forgot him completely :blush:) Edit: haven't you got him?

By the way, you spelled Ferdinand wrong.
Corrected. :)

Ow, you have Riise in your team.. He has to make up something tonight irl :)

you have Riise in your team

Easy mistake to make i don't blame him for it. :)

If he hadn't knock it in there was a chelsea player waiting to hit, mind you if it was Frank Lampard he would have probably missed :mad:

Top Bottom