2013-14 Civfanatics Fantasy Hockey League

SuperBeaverInc.

Groucho
It is time again for the hockey season. After how successful the last hockey season was, the NHL has decided to experiment with an 82 game season starting in October. I know, its pretty wacky.

Invite sent out to all of last year's managers. The setting as they were previously are listed below, except for changing back to head-to-head mode, pending any changes we decide on this year. El Justo is requesting that we add blocks and move from daily to weekly roster changes, which I would have no problems with, but will leave up to everyone to decide on. So when signing up please make a post here stating what team you are and your opinion on those and any other changes you may like to see.

League ID#: 52283
League Name: Civfanatics Hockey League
Password:
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cfchl
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Fri Sep 27 11:00pm ADT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 14
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 6, 2014
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Goalie Appearances: No minimum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 2
Playoffs: None
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I like daily of course ;) but will yield to a consensus. El J is out to get me :D .

I would like at least 2 more bench players... that would curb some of the move-making anyway.

Thanks for the invite!

Hey. Daily means you can change your line-up daily. Weekly is setting your line-up on Sunday for the entire week. If a player is sick or injured during the week... tuff luck.

I'd be up for it this season, if there's room.

No winner last year? I'm still the title holder? :king:

checking in :)

most of you guys like the daily settings and i'd be ok i guess if that was the sentiment. it's just easier imo with weekly lineups.

we should add Blocks for a stat. anything to boost d-men imo.

I'd be up for it this season, if there's room.

No winner last year? I'm still the title holder? :king:

Used the wrong image since last year's thread didn't show up when searching "fantasy hockey" on the forum. Fixed now.

So, how does fantasy hockey work, exactly? I've always been interested but could just never understand the concept. If there's an ELI5 (Explain Like I'm 5) version/how-to, I might get into this.

So, how does fantasy hockey work, exactly? I've always been interested but could just never understand the concept. If there's an ELI5 (Explain Like I'm 5) version/how-to, I might get into this.

We all draft a team of players. You put them in your lineup and get points based on how well they perform in various categories like goals, assists, shutouts, etc.

Every week you compete against someone else in the league. You then get "wins", "losses", and "draws" based on how you do in each stat category that is being kept track of.

We all draft a team of players. You put them in your lineup and get points based on how well they perform in various categories like goals, assists, shutouts, etc.

Every week you compete against someone else in the league. You then get "wins", "losses", and "draws" based on how you do in each stat category that is being kept track of.

Hmm... Sounds simple. I assume there are more complexities than that. I'll read up on it a bit more after the game tonight and see if I feel confident enough to join in this year!

Hey. Daily means you can change your line-up daily. Weekly is setting your line-up on Sunday for the entire week. If a player is sick or injured during the week... tuff luck.

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I had it straight.

I like the daily line-ups. I usually set them once a week or so and leave them.

I'm in as Nerdfighter's team. I would prefer being able to change the line up daily.

Sent an invite
Thanks. As for now, I'll be Loppan's Lag. I could go for weekly this year, but it doesn't matter much. Going weekly would mean less advantage for those who are very active, which might be fair, but on the other hand, the activity in the league is a good thing imo. It would be fun with a bit more interactivity, trades and stuff. No drop-outs because of a bad start.. :nono:
Maybe a limit on Max Acquisitions per Week and keeping daily moves would be better. Pretty much the same activity, but less abuse.
Did you get rid of the Min Goalie Appearances per week last season? I kind of liked the pressure to play a goalie in a bad game just to not lose that category by default. Is there anything that hinders you from benching your goaltenders the rest of the week after an initial shut-out?
Is it Shots on Goal that is to be replaced by Blocks? I don't mind, if that's the case.

Also, I think it's easier to get a hang of it if you join up first, Synsensa. There's pre-draft rankings you can check out, try out mock-drafts and go through some rules. It's not that complicated but it helps seeing it.

I should have some free time later today. We'll see if I run away in intimidation once I sign up. ;)

So, I emailed Loppan to be invited. Then I realized that he posted his email address in order to be invited, and not that we should email him for an invite. Woops.

(Sorry about that, Loppan)

I'll PM you Subi with my email.

Edit: I'm the Niagara Stonemasons.

Penalty minutes were gone last year my friend. ;)

Top Bottom