Arioch's Analyst Thread

I have gathered some info from Gameswelt preview (http://www.gameswelt.de/videos/1/8542-Civilization_V.html)

I have timestamped the images.

Temple
Cost: 120
Maintenance: 1
Culture: 2
+ 2 culture per turn

Armory
+15 XP to new units
(require barracks)

Nuclear submarine
Cost: 300
Moves: 7
Range: 3
Ranged strength: 60
Reuired: 1 Alumininum

Invisible to all Units except Destroyers and other Submarines. Can carry 2 Missiles, and is specialized in hunting other Submarines

Mobile Sam
Cost: 310
Moves: 4
Range: 2
Strength: 40
Required: 1 Aluminum

Will intercept enemy aircraft which try to bomb nearby units.

Mandate Of Heaven
Filling the blanks:
50% of excess Happiness added each turn to the amount of Culture that may be spent on Policies.

Attachments

• civinfoGameswelt.jpg
    civinfoGameswelt.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 215
Has there been any sighting of a Privateer naval unit? Or has it been conclusively ruled out?

I love to build Privateers to stay at "war" during times of "peace," and then later upgrade them to really powerful naval units (with 1-tile extra sight). It's a helluva an exploit that I find quite fun.

Looks like the Privateer is gone, though, huh?

Its called "Mandate Of Heaven" btw not, "Mandatory Health"

Hehe true I was writing a bit too fast and not even looking at what I was typing :lol: so much for my patience. I even considered just adding the attachment and let Arioch type it.

No worries :p

Not sure if this has been seen in early builds but, the shield icon probably represents a fortified unit. Which should make spotting what units are and are not fortified an easier task.

Armory
+15 XP to new units
(require barracks)

Nuclear submarine
Cost: 300
Moves: 7
Range: 3
Ranged strength: 60
Reuired: 1 Alumininum

In addition its worth correcting.

Armory also has a Maintenance cost of 2 gold, seen in the video preview of gameswelt.

And Nuclear Submarine has 60 Normal Strength too.

Took a look at the Gameswelt preview...in combat I've noticed that the defender always fires first. Strictly graphical? Or do attacking units take damage before they deal any?

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but 2k Greg hinted that England's more likely to spawn near coast and Iroqouis near forests and such. And there's a setting called "disable start bias" in the advanced game options. So uh...

Yeah I don't know how to word it, but you guys know what I mean yeah?

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=998293&postcount=6

Okay then, yeah I guess everything can start smartly, or if you prefer you can everything as random as a random number generator can be, (which is entirely random) :p.

Took a look at the Gameswelt preview...in combat I've noticed that the defender always fires first. Strictly graphical? Or do attacking units take damage before they deal any?
The consensus so far seems to be that this is just graphical, and damage is simultaneous.

Regarding start bias: this was in Civ IV, and probably in Civ III also. Your starting position always has access to at least a certain amount of resources, and if your civ starts with Fishing it seems you're much more likely to start on the coast.

Non-sequitur: modern cities are looking pretty sexy.

I see, I figured I wasn't the first to see it. ;)

Also, that city is pretty sexy...except for that silly little group of tents next to it. :sad:

Top Bottom