Armies attacking more than once??

Creepster

Silent Service
I made an interesting discovery last night that really changed my viewpoints of Armies. Up until now I thought that you could only attack once with them. Instead I was able to attack three times with my Cossack Army as long as they had not moved any spaces. (I had a railroad so my movement was 0). I also had an infantry Army (I had a leader with nothing for him to do and the Chinese were hitting me hard (I’ll post more on this after I finish my game Tournament game one level Elite)). The Infantry Army could only attack once. I think this was due to their limited movement. If this is the case then a tank Army (which I will have as soon as I research a few more techs) should be able to attack three times also.

If this is the case then in my opinion the Army’s value just went way up. Has this been there all along and I just never realized it or is it part of the new patch? I have not used Armies much until now. I tried them with Legions several months/games ago, but with only one attack per turn I thought they were over rated. Please let me know what you think?

Originally posted by Sanaz
It's part of the new patch. Tanks can attack twice, Modern Armor can attack three times.

I dont think it is a part of the 1.21 patch. I found that my cavalry army could attack more than once when I was playing 1.17 too.

I noticed this too, post patch. That's not to say that it didn't happen pre-patch, but when it happened a little while a go it really stood out to me, so if it happened pre-patch I mustn't have noticed it.

It started since patch 1.17f when the army is given the blizt ability. So, technically any unit with more than one move can attack more than once when placed in an army. For example, Horseman Army get to attack twice too.

:king:

I just got tanks and I found out that the tanks could attack more than once as well. Including the ones outside of the army. I think it must be part of the latest patch. (I really should read that other post on the changes now). Between Artillary and the multiple attacks with the tanks I am going to have to change my style of play.

Originally posted by Sanaz
It's part of the new patch. Tanks can attack twice, Modern Armor can attack three times.

I haven't even been able to attack TWICE with modern armor. I *DO* have the latest patch too.:(

I may be wrong, but I think the blitz property wasn't working properly until *some patch*. From what I had noticed, the bug was that attacking a city would deduct two movement points instead of one.

I had a modern war 2 weeks ago or so, and blitzing worked properly in all cases.

Tanks could attack more than once, given the constraints of movement points (so, tank could attack twice if it hasnt moved). It has been the case since the release of the game.

However, since the 1.17 patch, army could now attack more than once, given the constraints of the movement points. Indeed, the army has become a lot more useful since then.

Top Bottom