army bug?

Tucci528

Chieftain
I'm playing Civ3 on a iMac running 9.2.2 and I think I've got a bug. Has anybody ever seen an army in more than one location at the same time?

More detailed description: I (Babylonians) was at war with the Chinese, just to my north. I got a GL, my first, and made an army of three knights without problem. Since I also had a whole bunch of other knights running around, I'm not entirely sure when the weirdness began but at some point the actual General icon became separated from the Knight icon, yet both were listed as "Army" in the info box and I could only move one or the other a turn. Once I figured out that was happening, I thought that the knights had left the general for some reason, so I added three more knights to it. The same thing is still happening.... basically, the army and the people in the army aren't in the same place any more. I'm attaching the saved game stuffed (hope that's what I'm supposed to do.)

Originally posted by Tucci528
I'm playing Civ3 on a iMac running 9.2.2 and I think I've got a bug. Has anybody ever seen an army in more than one location at the same time?

More detailed description: I (Babylonians) was at war with the Chinese, just to my north. I got a GL, my first, and made an army of three knights without problem. Since I also had a whole bunch of other knights running around, I'm not entirely sure when the weirdness began but at some point the actual General icon became separated from the Knight icon, yet both were listed as "Army" in the info box and I could only move one or the other a turn. Once I figured out that was happening, I thought that the knights had left the general for some reason, so I added three more knights to it. The same thing is still happening.... basically, the army and the people in the army aren't in the same place any more. I'm attaching the saved game stuffed (hope that's what I'm supposed to do.)

Hi,
Send the stuffed saved game and a description of the problem to Brad Oliver <bradman@pobox.com>. He is the main Mac guy when it comes to Civ III.

I think this bug also occurred on the PC side. It has to do with using stacked movement with an army. It was corrected on the PC side in version 2.21.

Top Bottom