ARS - Improved Goody Huts

ARS - Improved Goody Huts v1.2

Arstahd

Chieftain
Arstahd submitted a new resource:

ARS - Improved Goody Huts - Improves the overall quality of Tribal Village rewards.

Improves the overall quality of Tribal Village rewards.

Weak rewards have been boosted or removed altogether. New rewards have been added to the mix. All rewards are available from the start and Gold & Faith rewards can be collected prior to founding a city.

Rewards are weighted 40/30/20/10 in the order listed.

• MILITARY : Recon Unit / Ranged Unit / Melee Unit / +100 XP.

• SURVIVORS : +1 Population / Builder Unit / +2 Population / Settler Unit.

• GOLD : +100 Gold / +150 Gold / +200 Gold / +250 Gold.

• FAITH : +100 Faith / +150 Faith / +200 Faith / +250 Faith.

• CULTURE : 1 Civic Boost / 2 Civic Boosts / 1 Free Civic / Relic.

• SCIENCE : 1 Tech Boost / 2 Tech Boosts / 1 Free Tech / Relic.

• DIPLOMACY : 1 Envoy / +50 Favor / 2 Envoys / 1 Governor Title.

Compatible with the base game and both expansions.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Is there anyway, instead of having a flat huge reward on Goodie Hub, you can make the reward scale by age instead?
A 100 Faith or Gold in the early game is huge, pretty game changing.

Also, 100 EXP on an unit is not much more useful than ~30 EXP, since the unit EXP gain is capped by the current level, and any excess EXP it gets is lost.

Is there anyway, instead of having a flat huge reward on Goodie Hub, you can make the reward scale by age instead?
A 100 Faith or Gold in the early game is huge, pretty game changing.

Not easily possible. The Gold and Faith rewards are definitely strong in the early game but this is "balanced" by them being largely useless in the later game. I wanted them to be relevant and I think I succeeded. With vanilla rewards, any time I got Gold or Faith it felt like a wasted hut (outside getting Faith before having a pantheon).

Also, 100 EXP on an unit is not much more useful than ~30 EXP, since the unit EXP gain is capped by the current level, and any excess EXP it gets is lost.

100 exp wasn't my first choice. I initially wanted the top tier Military reward to be a free light cavalry unit, but ran into a problem where you'd get nothing if you haven't unlocked the pre-req techs for the unit. I realize that 100 isn't much better than 20 in most cases since a unit can only go up 1 level at most. The 100 is to make sure to grant a level no matter the current level of the unit. Actually it comes up a few points short if you're at the start of level 7, but 100 was a nice round number.

Top Bottom