Arturus Thorne, Tasunke & Mahala

Even Mahala dreams about Falamar?

Read the text for her 'pron' event some time, its surprisingly romantic (especially when compared to Sheelba's :lol:)

/bump

So, we've got Mahala & Arturus, I'd love to get some more info on everyone's favourite pointy-eared conquering khan.

Yeah, why does Tasunke have pointy ears? is this just a Hippus thing, or does he have elven blood?

No, they just borrowed it from somewhere.

I'm not sure if those ears are really pointed, or are just at a funny angle.

Actually, now that I think of it Tasunke's vanished civilopedia entry (which Kael doesn't remember, which has led to speculation that some fan fiction slipped in for a version or two) did mention that he was was unusually short and lean for a Hippus, but quite strong and well respected. I guess he actually could have a little elven heritage, even if he doesn't know it. Ideologically though, he is closer to the Doviello (whose own legends claim that they are of Hippus descent, although the mutts would have a hard time proving it).

Okay. I knew the image was probable from somewhere else, I just didm't know if any lore explaned it.

Rhoanna doesn't have the ears, so its definitely not a Hippus thing.

Well, Rhoanna's from a difrent tribe, so maybe just Tasunke's has them.

Taking the conversation away from ears for a second :p I think, to paraphrase The Order of the Stick, that as far as 'tagonists go, Tasunke is more "an", while Rhoanna seems to be "pro".

Well, Taunke was/is a violent, stubern figter, while Rhoanna is a violent, stubern reformer.:)

Just makes things all the more interesting.

Just a comment on the leader portraits and Tasunke's pointy ears; the vast majority of the portraits, are from a D&D style game for the PC called Icewind Dale II.

Clever source to lift from. As bad as the first IWD was, no one would have played the second.

Clever source to lift from. As bad as the first IWD was, no one would have played the second.

I'm pretty sure IWD 2 sold like hotcakes. I know I bought the extra expensive collectors edition myself.

Personally, I played it so much it took a while to get used to the art being used for another game.

Personally I really enjoyed IWD2 as it was a huge leap from IWD1, and I've seen quite a few different mods for other games use the same portraits.

Back on topic, I'm hoping to see some Tasunke backstory sometime in the near future.

He could use some backstory, but at the least you'll have some front story.
(ie, he'll be important to several scenarios.)

Yeah, you can see him in the Guardian of Thingy Pass screenshot :)

Top Bottom