Ashen Veil Slavery Economy

Bill Bisco

Callous Calling
Although FFH generally makes slavery less attractive by increasing the hammer cost of nearly everything, splitting granaries into granaries and smokehouses which only give 40% food, and making combat promotions very important, with Sacrifice the Weak and Slavery, suddenly Slavery becomes not only viable, but very viable.

Here is a list of rulers that perform especially well with slavery and sacrifice the weak.

1. Sheelba

Sheelba is number 1 for a few reasons.Aggressive trait makes her much better than Jonas for the early game. Sometimes you may find yourself nearby a goblin fort, and want to spend a lot of gold to conquer an opposing city.

Warrens, means that for every unit made in the city, you get an extra one. So slaving has a very high efficiency, and settling new cities happens very rapidly.

Sheelba's third advantage comes from Organized which means Command posts give xp for an extra boost that Apprenticeship is not.

2. Flauros

Flauros's Financial trait means that he can play the cottage economy and get high science and since he's Calabim, that means he can build Vampire Armies to take over the world. Since he can build command posts, he can get the necessary xp to get Death 2 for all his vampires while keeping the slavery civic.

3. Valledia the Even

Valledia is almost as good as Flauros except that she has Arcane instead of Financial. She builds Firebows and uses command posts to give them the necessary xp to launch fireballs.

4. Decius

Decius is a solid pick as the Calabim, instead of Financial, you get Raiders, which isn't as useful because you'd rather build vampires than horsearchers. As the Bannor he's decent, since Horsearchers are a good unit for civilizations without golems, vampires, or firebows.

Anyway, try it out for yourself sometime. Run Sacrifice the weak and Slavery. Whip Granaries, Smokehouses, Breeding Pits, Lighthouses, Elder Councils, Markets, Gambling Houses, Inns, Taverns, etc. You'll notice that with all the trade routes, your brand new baby cities actually contribute and give you more money and science than they take away.

Maybe add agrarianism to the combo, to replace whipped population. I do use the combo above to gain new slaves from combat (barb farming has a double interest !), but I very rarely whip my pop, I only do so in cities having lots of food and an hopeless production. Might be more a personnal thing than an efficiency consideration, I think...

Oh I always have Agrarianism, hehe. This combo for Ashen Veil is especially potent on sea tiles where you automatically get commerce. Aristocracy is not bad, but it means you can't use City States.

I find the combination almost ovepowering. Bill, good job here of laying this out!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom