Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (89).png

that one is a known issue. It's a complicated thing. The orphaned Goblin event triggers the turn after your unit kills a goblin, but if the unit dies after the kill but before the trigger, the game cannot detect it, which makes the whole event bug. I'll look into making a quickfix for that.

I'm seeing the same issue with the Sidar as before: after I conquered Sidar territory, including ultimately capturing all their cities and defeating them, the Mist keeps coming back. I know Mist is a Terrain Feature, not Base Terrain, so presumably works differently from the automatic terraforming of the Mazatl, Cualli, and Malakim. It's mostly annoying, and would be nice to not have to micromanage Adepts or Mages to cast Gust of Wind every 2-3 turns.

SVN Revision 340. (I didn't update to 341 because I don't need the LENA installer.)

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

With the "Dwarves" module, the Dwarven Engineer line of units can build Dwarven Mines/Settlements/Halls right next to other Improvements of that type. It's fun if you're the Khazad, of course, but I seem to remember reading in the "Khazad the Next Generaton" thread that that was not intended, that they have to keep the two-tile spacing between those types of Improvements.

Also, unlike Khazad workers or Soldiers of Kilmorph, the Dwarven Engineers can't build Dwarven Mines, etc. on Peaks. They can build Roads on Peaks, but that's it. Doesn't seem right.

i made a game with all the current civs (with the default modules) for 28 players total (including myself) on a Huge WorldofErebus map but i always crash if i try to go past this turn

i used the debug menu to give myself quite a few things, including all techs and all religions i wanted at the start of the game, asides from that, i modified the CIV4GameSpeedInfo file in the mod folder to make the game faster and changed Decius (wich im playing) organized trait for charismatic, i haven't tampered with anything else, the loaded modules are the default ones

im running on the lastest SVN version

i have tried the same setup several times and i always run into the same problem everytime, around turn 1 to 10 the same gamebreaking crash wich appears in this save happends again and i can't continue playing

Attachments

• test.CivBeyondSwordSave
    705 KB · Views: 114
I just re-found recently the elder scrolls mod. https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/elder-scrolls-mod-version-0-20.19307/
they developped an interesting Kajiit and Argonian civs.
there are at least 1 basic army for each... which could fill most of the maogata rooster as a temporary fix (temporary because normally maogata shouldn't have any weapons) and maybe even improve the Mazalt ranks.
if main download does work the link on p11 of the thread works ... but only a simplified version of rooster (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/elder-scrolls-mod-development-thread.443145/page-11)
+ they developed further the mod : some kajiit have reversed knees : like the mage : p15
(and if some DL doesnt work, one guy was still working on it in 2020)

(the mazalt units are very bland currently and are difficult to differentiate from each other, and don't wear any armor ... even if the leader picture show that they should have a big civ)

can you show me your modified xml files too ?

here they are, quick speed is the one im using currently so i modified it the most, normal is changed too since i used that last time i played a few months back, for leaders, i only altered decius to change his traits, nothing else

Attachments

• CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml
    6.1 KB · Views: 82
  • CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
With the "Dwarves" module, the Dwarven Engineer line of units can build Dwarven Mines/Settlements/Halls right next to other Improvements of that type. It's fun if you're the Khazad, of course, but I seem to remember reading in the "Khazad the Next Generaton" thread that that was not intended, that they have to keep the two-tile spacing between those types of Improvements.

Also, unlike Khazad workers or Soldiers of Kilmorph, the Dwarven Engineers can't build Dwarven Mines, etc. on Peaks. They can build Roads on Peaks, but that's it. Doesn't seem right.
That's an interestingly weird bug. I'll look into it.

I just re-found recently the elder scrolls mod. https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/elder-scrolls-mod-version-0-20.19307/
they developped an interesting Kajiit and Argonian civs.
there are at least 1 basic army for each... which could fill most of the maogata rooster as a temporary fix (temporary because normally maogata shouldn't have any weapons) and maybe even improve the Mazalt ranks.
if main download does work the link on p11 of the thread works ... but only a simplified version of rooster (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/elder-scrolls-mod-development-thread.443145/page-11)
+ they developed further the mod : some kajiit have reversed knees : like the mage : p15
(and if some DL doesnt work, one guy was still working on it in 2020)

(the mazalt units are very bland currently and are difficult to differentiate from each other, and don't wear any armor ... even if the leader picture show that they should have a big civ)
that's definitely an option for the maogata. For the Mazatl, PPQ was working on them at some point, to add those armor though i don't remember how far he got into them. At least some of those should be in the current download (The melee line at least).

here they are, quick speed is the one im using currently so i modified it the most, normal is changed too since i used that last time i played a few months back, for leaders, i only altered decius to change his traits, nothing else
Thanks i'll take a look.

That's an interestingly weird bug. I'll look into it.

If you think other modules might be affecting this, my active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Thanks i'll take a look.

i deleted the XMLs files and re-dowloaded them from the SVN after a while, and then my games stopped crashing

LeaderHeadInfos seems fine, but GameSpeedInfo was the culprit, it was crashing the game everytime if i set the <iBarbPercent> too low, the default 67 from quick speed worked fine, but if i went below 40 it would crash the game everytime, currently i set it at 47 and im actually able to play with the exact same settings that before used to crash

here's the current GameSpeedInfo file im using if you are wondering

Attachments

• CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml
    6.1 KB · Views: 74
The Mechanos Adeptuses (Adepti?) and Techpriests can cast Spring once the civ researches Elementalism, but not Dousing Torrent. Seems like an oversight more than a bug, so I'd suggest getting that fixed.

I recently started a game as the Scions, with Ophelia Rosenthal as leader. My starting Awakened was killed by a Barbarian Wood Golem before I could found my first city (I obviously didn't build a city on Turn 1, but spent a couple of turns moving around to find a good site).

Anyway, the game should have ended with a notification that I had been defeated, but it didn't. The only units had left at that point were 2 or 3 Reaching Creepers (my starting Centeni had been killed by the Barbarian Wood Golem while defending the Awakened). I quit the game, of course, but I'm pretty sure the game should have ended on its own at that point.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

SVN Revision 340. (I haven't updated to 341 because I don't need the LENA Installer.)

Reposting this from a main thread.

I've had an odd problem in a game I just bailed at playing as Elohim. Suddenly, my units stopped being able to cast or use abilities. Captured animals couldn't use the Hunter's Prize as Elohim or cast their blood spells. Also couldn't build Lumbermills. Really, really odd.

Ok, it happened again, playing as Austrin. I'm starting to suspect that the problem might be related to saving/reloading. I had created a few Expedition to start founding cities with explorers and after a particularly crappy outcome (an explorer unit I had been nurturing very carefully had a REALLY bad result from a lair) I reloaded and boom, again, no basic abilities. The expedition ritual is not available. I uploaded two saves one as Elohim, one as Austrin with the same problem.

I updated the mod via SVN (v341) and started another game as Austrin. The same problem happened again. I'll upload the third save...the problem is even worse. Can't cast dispel magic or scorch or spring. Is this the right place to post bugs?

Attachments

• Fakkers.CivBeyondSwordSave
    556.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Fakkers2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    579.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Fakkers3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    884.2 KB · Views: 25
I promoted an Archmage to Force III but didn't get the Master of Force promotion. Other Arcane Master Promotions seem to work okay, eg, in this particular case my Archmage did receive the Master of Mind and Spirit Promotion after I promoted him to both Mind III and Spirit III

SVN Revision 340. (I haven't updated to 341 because I don't need the LENA Installer.)

Last edited:
So my Force III Archmage does in fact have the Master of Force promotion, since I was able to have him cast Dismiss. It's just the Master of Force icon that doesn't appear with the icons for his other promotions.

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 340. (I didn't update to 341 because I don't need the LENA installer.)

Screenshot (98).png

Top Bottom