Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

The Malakim Leader Kane starts with two Traits, Charismatic and Organized, but is listed as an Important Leader rather than a Historical Leader, meaning that he can acquire a third Trait. I thought Important Leaders were supposed to start with only one Trait (not counting Civilizational Traits, of course) and be able to acquire a second depending on in-game actions. (There are some other Important Leaders that also start with two Traits, by the way, so maybe this is intended.)

Anyway, if you want to change this, simplest would be to make Kane a Historical Leader so he keeps his two starting Traits. Alternatively, he could remain an Important Leader but start with only one Trait, probably Charismatic, since the Malakim already have a Leader, Decius, with the Organized Trait.

Kane is one leader i would like to turn into Emergent. Something related to the pre-Empyrean Malakim, the followers of the old ways. I haven't finalized the design yet though. the Lightbringer is cut, and either they get some kind of warrior-priest unit to keep the disciple bonuses or those get replaced too. thematically, they would be more of a warrior culture, with maybe egyptian influences. Not fully decided yet.

Well, besides Kane there are some other Important Leaders that start with two Traits and are able to acquire a third, so those should be looked at, too, either by making them Historical Leaders or removing one of their starting Traits (or, as you're planning do to do with Kane, making them Emergent Leaders and coming up with new Traits for them).

Whatever you replace the Lightbringer with, can I suggest that it retain the Scorch ability? Or maybe give that ability to Malakim Workers, similar to how Cuall and Mazatl workers have the Creat Swamp ability.

Python exception, screenshot attached. This one caused a WoC hang and I had to force close.

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (142).png

I don't normally like doing consecutive posts, but this is a separate issue.

Ophelia Rosenthal is listed as an Emergent Leader but her Trait, Strategist, doesn't have levels. Easiest might be to change her to an Important Leader so she can acquire a second Trait during game play.

If you want to add levels to the Strategist Trait, I suggested the following a while ago. Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but if you decide to keep her as an Emergent Leader this might give you a basis to work from.

Strategist Level 1

Grants Battle Field Tactics [sic – should be “Battlefield Tactician”] to all Commander units

Free promotion (Tactics I)

-- Recon units
-- Archery units
-- Mounted units
-- Melee units
-- Arcane units
-- Disciple units
-- Animal units
-- Beast units

Strategist Level 2

Grants Battlefield Tactician and Field Commander to all Commander units

Free promotion (Tactics I, Tactics II)

-- Recon units
-- Archery units
-- Mounted units
-- Melee units
-- Disciple units
-- Animal units
-- Beast units

Strategist Level 3

Grants Battlefield Tactician, Field Commander, and Battle Commander I to all Commander units

Free promotion (Tactics I, Tactics II, Drill I)

-- Recon units
-- Archery units
-- Mounted units
-- Melee units
-- Disciple units
-- Animal units
-- Beast units

yeah, she's one of the emergent that hasn't been much worked on yet. I'm unsure whether Strategist is the best option for her or if we need to rework the base concept.
I'll take your suggestion under consideration though.

Might be easier to just make Ophelia an Important Leader, I don't know.

I think Angaad of the Bannor should definitely switch from Emergent Leader to Important Leader. Her sole Trait is Imperialist, which not only doesn't have levels, but is also shared by several other Leaders, so it would be a strange for the Trait to level up for her but not for others.

I think I would make the same argument for Raitlor and her Trader Trait, probably more sensible to make her an Important Leader instead of leaving her as Emergent.

Unless you decide to give Angaad and Raitlor new Triaits.

Might be easier to just make Ophelia an Important Leader, I don't know.

I think Angaad of the Bannor should definitely switch from Emergent Leader to Important Leader. Her sole Trait is Imperialist, which not only doesn't have levels, but is also shared by several other Leaders, so it would be a strange for the Trait to level up for her but not for others.

I think I would make the same argument for Raitlor and her Trader Trait, probably more sensible to make her an Important Leader instead of leaving her as Emergent.

Unless you decide to give Angaad and Raitlor new Triaits.

Both are planned to get new traits, yes. Especially Raitlor. I want to experiment with an Auric-less Illian and what would their focus be.

Both are planned to get new traits, yes. Especially Raitlor. I want to experiment with an Auric-less Illian and what would their focus be.
I am intrigued as to what that might be. I mean, in the age of ice the answer is obvious. But now that the ice has thawed if we assume no Auric and thus no replacement for the god of ice just what is their culture to do? I am genuinely curious as to how you will answer that. Can't wait.

What's the story with animals attacking cities? Does it happen after they attain a certain Level or obtain a certain number of Promotions? In my current game I had a Mammoth and then a Bear attack one of my newly-founded cities, wiping out nearly the entire garrison. I was able to get reinforcements there just in time or the city would have been captured and razed.

I know that Animals generally don't enter a player's borders, and if your borders expand such that an Animal is inside, they usually leave, so just wondering what causes them to attack. I can sort of understand them rampaging through the countryside within a player's borders, but attacking a city itself doesn't really seem right.

Just another plea to please bring back the popup warnings that let you know that casting an area effect spell will cause you to declare war on another civilization. In my current game I had two different Mages cast Maelstrom and ended up unwittingly declaring war on two civs. So having that popup warning would be helpful.

In my recent games I haven't gotten Brigit after sending a level 15 unit into the Ring of Carcer, so I've had to go into Worldbuilder to add her. This last time I was able to take a screenshot and save the game before sending in my unit. I have a Level 15 Mammoth Rider one tile away from the Ring of Carcer, as the image shows. I sent him in and nothing. Anyway, I've uploaded the save game right before I send the unit in, so you can give it a try and see what happens and maybe figure out the issue.

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (143).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0588.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0373.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Python exception, screenshot attached, followed by a CtD, so I've also attached the saved game. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (146).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0570.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
I'm encountering a strange problem, I think for the first time. Despite several combat victories I'm not getting any Great Commanders and in fact not generating any Commander points, according to the Military Advisor screen.

All my combats so far have been against Barbarian units, but I don't recall that being an issue before for generating Great Commanders.

I'm playing as Gaius Octavius of the Bannor. I don't think this is a Bannor problem, since I don't recall this happening when I've played as the Bannor before. So maybe it's something to do with Gaius Octavius or his Theocratic Trait?

SVN Revision 343.

You're probably right about that and I just forgot or haven't been paying close enough attention. Otherwise it would be too easy to accumulate Commander points, wouldn't it? And it would arguably be unfair to civs that start at peace with the Barbarians (or Animal Packs or Demons).

Top Bottom