Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 344.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (161).png

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 344.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (162).png

There seems to be a problem with Acheron's leash. He captured my city of Hyll, which I had taken from the Ljosalfar (I'm playing as the Calabim), which is much more than 6 tiles away from his home city of Nininsnal. I had seen the flames around Nininsnal earlier in the game; after Acheron took Hyll I captured Nininsnal and found the Dragon's Hoard there, confirming that that was his home city.

I've attached both a screenshot and saved game. Hope they're helpful.

SVN Revision 344.

EDIT: I played a few more turns and Acheron is definitely not Leashed to his home city. I checked in Worldbuilder and he does still have the Call of the Hoard promotion, so he *should* be leashed. I didn't see a different promotion that might have overridden that, but maybe I missed something. I think for now I'll do Custom Games with the No Acheron option until this is figured out.

EDIT 2: My mistake, looks like the "No Acheron" Game Option has been removed. Oh, well.

Screenshot (163).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0477.CivBeyondSwordSave
    872.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
A bunch of crash dump files. I think they're all from when I was trying to load an Autosave. Hope they're helpful.

SVN Revision 344.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.4936.zip
    27.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.15044.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.7324.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 19
Some more crash dump files, all from when I was trying to load an Autosave.

SVN Revision 344.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.11164.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.19596.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 17
Some more crash dump files, almost all from when I was trying to load an Autosave.

SVN Revision 344.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.12308.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.13204.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 16
a crash on loading a save game R 344

Attachments

• Yinxi Turn_0215.CivBeyondSwordSave
    331.7 KB · Views: 13
Crash dump files, all from when I was trying to load an Autosave.

SVN Revision 344.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.5692.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 13
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.15404.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 16
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.472.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 13
Python exception, screenshot attached. This occurred when I was able to load an Autosave without a crash, but the screen seemed to freeze up so I had to force close.

SVN Revision 344.

Screenshot (164).png

Crash dump files, most from when I was trying to load an Autosave, a few from when I was trying to start a new game. (After about 10 attempts to load the Autosave I gave up and started a new game, but that also took a few tries.)

SVN Revision 344.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.20096.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 13
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.11376.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.13628.zip
More crash dump files, all from when I was trying to load an Autosave.

SVN Revision 344.

If Game Settings matter, then here goes: Tectonics 316 map, Large map size, 60% water, Ancient Era, Normal Speed, Aridity Level Random, Team Neighbors, 12 civs (all Random), Raging Barbarians, End of Winter, Wildlands, Blessing of Amathaon, Living World, Wild Mana, Feral Mana, Mana Guardians, No Liberation, All Unique Features, Realistic Culture Spread, Broader Alignments, Restrict Random Civilizations with the Legion of D'Tesh Locked.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.12172.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 13
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.8896.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14480.zip
I'm sorry to report that I can't even seem to start a Play Now game any more. I've attached several crash dump files, so I hope there's some useful information there.

SVN Revision 344.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.6156.zip
    27.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.19800.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 13
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.10400.zip
I deleted my post with the python exceptions for a regular BtS Play Now game because I figured out the problem. I deleted the folder for the mod Civ4 Reimagined and the problem went away. So no need to worry about that.

Could the problem on startup be connected to the combination of modules?

I deleted my Ashes of Erebus and then re-downloaded and installed AoE. (I see we're at a new Revision 345, by the way.)

I was able to start a Play Now game, with the default modules. When I used the AoE Launcher to add my preferred modules the game crashed on startup.

So maybe there's some conflict involving the non-default modules that's causing the problem?

I was eventually able to start a Play Now game and then a Custom Game with my preferred settings, but had several false starts along the way, so I've attached the crash dump files. I think they're all from attempts to start a Play Now game.

SVN Revision 345

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.21132.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.8972.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.16644.zip
Looks like I got excited too soon, as I'm still having trouble starting a game.

I deleted my AoE folder and then downloaded and reinstalled the latest SVN, Revision 346. I was able to start a Play Now game.

Then I exited and used the AoE Launcher's Module Manager to select the modules I wanted. Tried to start a Play Now game and after several failed attempts I finally succeeded.

Exited again, then tried to start a Custom Game with my preferred settings and the game kept crashing on startup.

I've attached a bunch of crash dump files. All of them include my preferred modules. Some are attempts at Play Now games, before I finally succeeded. The rest are Custom Games with my preferred settings. (Sorry I don't remember which is which.

SVN Revision 346.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.22420.zip
    27.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.18240.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.9208.zip
More crash dump files, all from failed attempts to start a game.

SVN Revision 346.

I was trying to start a Custom Game, so ff Game Settings matter, then here goes: Tectonics 316 map, Large map size, 60% water, Ancient Era, Normal Speed, Aridity Level Random, Team Neighbors, 12 civs (all Random), Raging Barbarians, End of Winter, Wildlands, Blessing of Amathaon, Living World, Wild Mana, Feral Mana, Mana Guardians, No Liberation, All Unique Features, Realistic Culture Spread, Broader Alignments, and Restrict Random Civilizations with the Legion of D'Tesh Locked.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14988.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.23052.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14100.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 17
I was able to start a game, then took a break, had a little difficulty reloading the Autosave but eventually did. Finally I encountered a crash, which might be repeatable, but I can't reload the Autosave so not sure.

Anyway, I've attached a bunch of crash dump files, mostly from failed attempts to reload an Autosave. One of them is from when the game crashed at the end of a turn.

I've also attached the latest Autosave, from the turn when the game crashed. When I tried to reload the Autosave the game kept crashing, so you might not be able to open it, but here it is just in case.

SVN Revision 346.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.20032.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.9044.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.10940.zip
  • AutoSave_Turn_0143.CivBeyondSwordSave
    353.6 KB · Views: 11
Although I've been able to load an Autosave to resume a game, it takes several tries. So I've attached more crash dump files, all from failed attempts to load an Autosave before I finally succeeded.

Separately, my Caravels and Work Boats are red blobs. I saw that Revision 346 made several changes to the art, so maybe that's the reason. I'm playing as the Balseraphs, fi that helps.

SVN Revision 346.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.11256.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.11508.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.11564.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.17264.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.13848.zip
Top Bottom