Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Python exception, screenshot attached. Non-fatal, the game didn't crash, but might be helpful nonetheless. I have 32 gigs of RAM, so surprised to be encountering memory issues.

SVN Revision 366.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

View attachment 687834
that's honestly unrelated to your actual computer. The game being as old as it is, it's unable to handle memory past a certain value ( i don't remember exactly what the limit is, but it's not large).
Not quite certain why it shows up now though

Python exception, screenshot attached. Non-fatal, the game didn't crash, but might be helpful nonetheless. I have 32 gigs of RAM, so surprised to be encountering memory issues.

SVN Revision 366.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

View attachment 687834
was there anything specific that happened on that turn ? that particular message only happens if a large amount of plots need to be reloaded ( graphics-wise) at the same time

was there anything specific that happened on that turn ? that particular message only happens if a large amount of plots need to be reloaded ( graphics-wise) at the same time

I don't specifically remember now. I don't think remember anything unusual, I think I was just mousing over the map, or maybe sending some units several tiles away? I truly don't remember. I'll try to pay closer attention in the future.

Mechanos issue: Unloading a unit from a thopter while over a mountain peak causes a CTD, and will CTD all clients in a multiplayer game. v364, I believe.
Scions issue: Playing as Risen Emperor on 365. Korrina has not spawned. Researched Tracking, Themoch did not spawn. Civilopaedia is vague on whether I've met all conditions (both spawned in the 364 multiplayer game).
Civilopaedia is also very vague in the Awakened mechanic, and isn't very clear on the function of Patrian Artifacts; ie, is there a civ affinity for them or are they limited to providing 1 Happiness regardless of quantity and the 5 commerce bonus per quarry.

General 365 issue: Turn cycling is noticeably slower, even in hot seat games.

Was there any insight as to why Ashes doesn't play well with the Steam build of BTS (cropping mana icons on the side bar, and cropping health/happy icons on various mouseovers), or why its game settings (window resolutions, sound settings, etc) don't/can't match those set in BTS/FFH/MNAI? Having to reset settings when switching back and forth is cumbersome, especially since flipping the game from full-screen windowed mode to full-screen to minimize the task bar from popping up while trying to start new games also requires a full-game restart as well.

Scions issue: Playing as Risen Emperor on 365. Korrina has not spawned. Researched Tracking, Themoch did not spawn. Civilopaedia is vague on whether I've met all conditions (both spawned in the 364 multiplayer game).
It sounds like the Random Events option is disabled.

It's not selectable in the custom game.
Generating a map with "Play Now" will reset hidden options and is pretty much mandatory when swapping mods.

Was there any insight as to why Ashes doesn't play well with the Steam build of BTS (cropping mana icons on the side bar, and cropping health/happy icons on various mouseovers)
You need to swap to the original release in the Steam library.
Properties -> Betas -> Set it to Original Release - Unsupported

It sounds like the Random Events option is disabled.

It's not selectable in the custom game.
Generating a map with "Play Now" will reset hidden options and is pretty much mandatory when swapping mods.

You need to swap to the original release in the Steam library.
Properties -> Betas -> Set it to Original Release - Unsupported
Just checked the game's settings. Yep, looks like it was disabled.
As for the Original Release with Steam, well aware of it, but not an option when playing with my friends online. (My single player games are in a local copy of BTS from the original CDs).

Just checked the game's settings. Yep, looks like it was disabled.
As for the Original Release with Steam, well aware of it, but not an option when playing with my friends online. (My single player games are in a local copy of BTS from the original CDs).
someone on the discord may have an explanation on how to run the unreleased beta in multi, but i admit i'm almost never playing multi, so i don't know how to help here.

Is this intended? This was Rinwell Isle, which became a Barbarian city, then revolted to join my (Doviello) civilization.

SVN Revision 366.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

Screenshot (366).png
Screenshot (367).png

Is this intended? This was Rinwell Isle, which became a Barbarian city, then revolted to join my (Doviello) civilization.

SVN Revision 366.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

View attachment 688212View attachment 688213
not intended that rinwell turns into an aquatic city. Nice to see that aquatic cities are somehow possible ^^

Rev. 366
Got a phyton Error when playing with Jotnar Mother Enningas and tried to switch traits to philosoph. Got no crash but I´ve no trait anymore, dunno if it´s always a Problem, but did not have that error with Rev. 365. And got no other Phython error messages in that game so far.

not intended that rinwell turns into an aquatic city. Nice to see that aquatic cities are somehow possible ^^
Yeah, I also thought that could be an interesting idea. I think someone once had an idea for an aquatic civ, but I forget which mod it was for or if it ever went anywhere.

When the city was barbarian I tried to attack with a Caravel but wasn't able to. I was going to organize an amphibious assault, but then the city revolted and joined me, so I don't know if I could have done a conventional amphibious attack.

Yeah, I also thought that could be an interesting idea. I think someone once had an idea for an aquatic civ, but I forget which mod it was for or if it ever went anywhere.

When the city was barbarian I tried to attack with a Caravel but wasn't able to. I was going to organize an amphibious assault, but then the city revolted and joined me, so I don't know if I could have done a conventional amphibious attack.
Go back a few turns, open World Editor and plop down some Cultists or a ship with Boarding Parties?

Python exception, screenshot attached. Non-fatal, the game didn't crash.

SVN Revision 366.

Screenshot (368).png

When taming a spider it´s not set near the unit that beaten it but it get teleported in your cultural borders (imho nearest culutural border tile)

Rev. 366.5 : (edit) Phyton Error after new build cetratus unit got it ´s turn, I got this crash, was no crash to desk and no freeze but I was not able to continue playing, seems to be related to the cetratus unit

Bad news, it ´s no unit problem but a Patria Problem or global problem. I deleted chace, made new game, nothing helped, it seems the game crashes when try to open city menu.

edit 2: Save game with modules :
Animal Lairs
Arachnophobia
Bannor Expansion
Black Duke
Chislev Expansion
Churel
Coaxoch
Crime Balance Test
Dao
Dural
Emergent leaders
Frozen
Goblin
Hamstalfar
Important leaders
Jotnar
Lizard Art Fix
Ljosalfar Expansion
MagisterAshes
mom-buildings
More_Arcane
RiFE More Events
More Goodies
New Traits
Keepers of Noggormotha
NotYetEmergentLeaders
PPQ_Effects
PPQa Unit Models-Naval
Scion-healthcare
SidarWanes
Silver Circle

Attachments

• Patria1.png
    Patria1.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 4
  • Patria2.png
    Patria2.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Patria1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    484.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Fatal error, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 366.

I reloaded the Autosave and kept playing, but this time the game didn't crash on this turn.

Screenshot (370).png

Top Bottom