Ask me anything about Apolyton

I got the impression he was referring to the sex trafficing that some UN officials were doing in eastern Europe. Perhaps RM will clarify for us.

My memory is that these officials were selling refugees into sexual slavery. That is what I find disturbing (Actually I find it worse than that. I find someone cutting me off in traffic disturbing)

If you wish to condemn an organization and all of its branches for the actions of a few then I suggest you apply those standards to just about every institution that has ever existed in human society. You'll find yourself a very cynical, frustrated and angry person.

The UN has some bad apples, but if that is grounds enough to disband one of the few global organizations that deals with more than money, money, money then I'd be very interested in seeing how a globalizing world with powerhouses that are pushing towards nationalistic and individualistic ideologies will survive and enjoy an existence of decreasing conflict and intolerance.

Has it always been the case that posts in OT do not count towards your total postcount?

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
Has it always been the case that posts in OT do not count towards your total postcount?

Can this question truely matter to you SD? Are you really SD, or are you someone else who has slipped into his place and has him tied up in a dungeon cell somewhere?

Originally posted by Maj
If you wish to condemn an organization and all of its branches for the actions of a few then I suggest you apply those standards to just about every institution that has ever existed in human society. You'll find yourself a very cynical, frustrated and angry person.

You are of course correct. There are a couple of things we are going to need to keep in mind about the UN. 1) We (any nation) are not always going to agree with it. 2) It is not above reproach, and the letters UN do not automatically guarantee that those wearing them are pure and selfless humanitarians. 3) The UN is NOT an effective model for world government and shouldn't be treated as if it were. 4) This does not mean that we should abandon it, or its works because it is not perfect. As Maj pointed out, that is a pretty strict test to apply to any large organization

Originally posted by knowltok2

Can this question truely matter to you SD? Are you really SD, or are you someone else who has slipped into his place and has him tied up in a dungeon cell somewhere?

It doesn't concern me whatsoever, as I am content with being a settler with 1 post there for all eternity.
But just looking at the post counts of many people there, and the size of the OT forum, I am just curious as to whether the current policy has always been the case.

Put it this way, I can't imagine that anyone would have at least 10000 things to say about a computer game;)

This is the real me. Do you really think anyone could confine me in a cell unwillingly? Now, must be off to sign some autographs for future distribution to the dirty little poor people of my kingdom:D

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Suprise, as the UN was dealt another blow today.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16899

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I'm sure the UN is holding an emergency meeting right now to discuss how to deal with your mighty "blow". I doubt they would have missed your witty insult, seeing as how they already have secret file on you deeply hidden in the HQ of the SUNATTOTA (Secret United Nations Agency Trying To Overthrow America) and are constantly monitoring all your communications.

:scan:

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
No, this was changed when Apolyton switched from uBB to vBB, the site owner decided that posts that wern't on topic wouldn't count in PC.

Originally posted by Whiskey Priest

Yes, I'm sure the UN is holding an emergency meeting right now to discuss how to deal with your mighty "blow". I doubt they would have missed your witty insult, seeing as how they already have secret file on you deeply hidden in the HQ of the SUNATTOTA (Secret United Nations Agency Trying To Overthrow America) and are constantly monitoring all your communications.

:scan:

That was good WP. Gave me a good chuckle. :lol: Thanks

I repeat the question: What are all you log ons & DLs at Poly?

Why are downloads from apolyton (well the civ3files section and creation section) corrupt?..and yes I name them WHATEVER.zip

AND second question:

Are you going back there?

Why is the interface so horid? I dont go there much if I can afford it cause the site design causes me to break out in hives.

Originally posted by Sixchan
Okay, Explain what the hell is with the Banana thing. Apolyton is the only place I've seen this annoying breed 'Banana Spam'

How dare you insult the Most High Banana! I shall smite you for your insolence!

[punch]

How does it feel now that you've been smited?

Top Bottom