Attitude Icons

Yeah, it works for me too. I also made a more progresive color scheme, that goes: red, yellow, gray, cyan, green. If anyone wants it, I can upload it.

Elhoim said:
Yeah, it works for me too. I also made a more progresive color scheme, that goes: red, yellow, gray, cyan, green. If anyone wants it, I can upload it.

Sure please do!

Porges said:
Ok, so I took the idea from SimCutie's main interface mod, simplified it a bit and here it is:

Find CvMainInterface.py (in CustomAssets/python/screens), or if you have 12Monkey's PLE installed, to PLEMainInterface.py (CustomAssets/python/screens also). If you don't have either, just copy the file from your main CivIV directory.

Directly after the line:
Code:
szTempBuffer = u"%d: %s" %(gc.getGame().getPlayerScore(ePlayer), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName())
Put the following code:
Code:
#attitude icons - start					

if not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isHuman():

iAtt = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).AI_getAttitude(gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())

att =  unichr(ord(unichr(CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.POWER_CHAR) + 4)) + iAtt)

szTempBuffer = szTempBuffer + ( u" : %s" % att )
#attitude icons - end

If you want to hide dead players from the list, also scroll up a little and change:
Code:
if (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isEverAlive() and not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isMinorCiv()):
to
Code:
if (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isEverAlive() and not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isMinorCiv() and gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isAlive()):#hide the dead ones

Download the attached font files and stick them in CustomAssets/res/fonts/

Looks like this (friendly icon not shown):

Sorry for the newbie questions, but :

1) Is the CvMainInterface.py file from the Original CivIV folder or do you need to change the Warlords one (i.e. if I am playing Warlords).

2) Also, when I am making edits from the above, which program is best (I was trying to use NOTEPAD, but I must have messed up since I can't see ANY MENUS NOW).

3) Do you have to edit the above using the exact same spaces?

I know, shoot me, I'm a techno-idiot ...

Thanks all

U have to edit the warlord file if u use the mod with warlord yes.
And notepad is fine, but dont forget that indentation is important in python.

turlute said:
U have to edit the warlord file if u use the mod with warlord yes.
And notepad is fine, but dont forget that indentation is important in python.

Thanks, what editing program is best to use? What would you suggest?

Thanks again

I GOT IT TO WORK!!! YEAH!!!

(sorry folks for a tech-challenged guy like me, this is like a small victory!)

My CustomAssets/python/screens folder is empty :|

What is the main CIV directory then? Hmm...

If it is the CIV configuration settings thing then I checked that and the sztemper line ain't in there. Can anybody help me out here haha

That's not too long ago. It should still be able to work. Anybody able to help me here?

Confirmed, works and looks great in warlords 2.08. Thanks :)

DrewTate - Go to

C:\...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Python\Screens\ and copy CvMainInterface.py if your using Vanilla 1.61

or

C:\...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\Python\Screens and copy CvMainInterface.py if your using Warlords 2.08

then place it in a parallel folder system in your mod. Then follow the OP's instructions exactly, it works. ;)

For example; \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\MODNAME\Assets\Python\Screens

I got it to work awhile back. And yes somebody needs to do this for BtS since hopefully I will get that soon.

Yeah since BtS comes out here in north america pretty soon somebody should check into this. It is my favorite mod component that I play with now.

I'll try this tonight and verify if it works with BtS. It did work with Warlords. If it doesn't then maybe some gifted individual can do the relevant code changes to bring it into line?

Ok, I can't get these to work, the interface just disappears when I try.

First, the Font set was different (the corporation icons), so I updated the BtS font sets to include the smiley icons. That didn't work so there must be something not quite right with the old code and BtS. I've uploaded as an attachment the modified font sets. It will need some kind code guru to take these and combine them with a MainInterface python file to get the attitude icons working again.

Anyone up for the challenge? THere'd be some major happy faces round here if someone could fix it. :)

Cheers

Attachments

• fonts.zip
    164.4 KB · Views: 182
if your interface went away that is a problem with the python you wrote, not the fonts. The gamefonts.tga and gamefonts75.tga seem to be very delicate files though, very hard to edit without creating new problems. Many occasions I have gotten new icons to work, only to see existing ones go away or become the wrong one. If someone could explain this very thoroughly that would be great. The blue dots and pink lines are simple enough, but it seems to be more to it than that, I think its directly tied to the Lsystem which I haven't completely dove into yet.

Top Bottom