Attitude Icons

Hardly understood a word any of you guys said but if you can get it to work, that would be lovely.

Here is a fix for BtS

In CvMainInterface.py after the lines:
Code:
											szTempBuffer = u"%d: %s" %(gc.getGame().getPlayerScore(ePlayer), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName())
										szBuffer = szBuffer + szTempBuffer

Add this:
Code:
#attitude icons - start

if not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isHuman():
											iAtt = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).AI_getAttitude(gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())
											szTempBuffer = u"%c" %(CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.POWER_CHAR) + 4 + iAtt)
#attitude icons - end

And decompress the attached file into CustomAssets/res/fonts/

Attachments

• GameFont_75.zip
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,653
I don't know how to decompress files into folders or anything. And apparently my trial is up for winzip and I don't wanna pay for that what should I do?

Has anybody tried that yet?

I don't know how to decompress files into folders or anything. And apparently my trial is up for winzip and I don't wanna pay for that what should I do?

Has anybody tried that yet?

I just tried it out and if you follow the instructions as listed by
"turlute" above, but i copy and pasted the "res" file and replaced it with his file, and the smiley faces etc work great, and i like the fact that if a civ is knocked out they disappear, thx.:goodjob:

Just make sure you never mess with the original files, always make a copy before doing this kind of stuff!!:p

EDIT: just made a screenshot for those who like to see it!!

Here is a fix for BtS

Code:

Add this:
Code:
#attitude icons - start
#attitude icons - end

Excellent! Thanks a lot! Works as it should! :goodjob:

Vit

Great job updating it, turlute!
Try a program like WinRAR or 7Zip. IIRC they're both freeware that open zip files.

Excellent, many thanks to turlute for taking this up and fixing it for BtS. This is probably one of the most indispensible mods out there.

I wonder why Firaxis have never officially adopted this mod??

For some reason, this new mod for BTS doesn't seem to show up properly for me. When I install it as suggested and load up a game, I get double smiley icons at the expense of the civ's name! I'm appear to be doing everything as directed and have installed this mod many times for the previous versions...

Any ideas?

Should there not be a 'Gamefont' file as well as a 'GameFont_75' file?

Edit: Ignore. I fixed it. :o

Where do I find: CvMainInterface.py

When I go into my BtS folder that file is not present. I have a file called CivilizationIV and it says it is a configurations settings file. I looked in there for: szTempBuffer = u"%d: %s" %(gc.getGame().getPlayerScore(ePlayer), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName())
and I couldn't find that anywhere in there?

Edit: I found the file. Apparently I don't have the correct program to open them? What do I need?

u can open nearly any file associated with civ4 with notepad or wordpad. about the only exception is a saved game (not worldbuilder or wbsave, just a normal saved game).

I am not sure what it means to decompress the file. I extracted it to the desktop and put it in the folder you said, not sure if that's what I am supposed to do.

Also, when I load up the game most of the interface is gone. All I can see is like, the year, the research up or down button, and the green end turn button.

? Clueless here.

Here is a fix for BtS

Code:
											szTempBuffer = u"%d: %s" %(gc.getGame().getPlayerScore(ePlayer), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName())

Add this:
Code:
#attitude icons - start

if not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isHuman():
											iAtt = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).AI_getAttitude(gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())
											szTempBuffer = u"%c" %(CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.POWER_CHAR) + 4 + iAtt)
#attitude icons - end

Hey turlute!! This rocks!! I didn't realize how much I relied on these icons until I started playing BtS. It is amazing they haven't incorporated this very useful mod. Thanks again!

Spocko

Top Bottom