Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Culture

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Religious

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Lily_Lancer

Deity
I'll try posting another game after the August Update.

Settings(Presumably, welcome for discussion):
Map: 6-leaf clover
Speed: Quick
Map Size: Small
Rules: Acropylse+Secret Society+Randomize Tech/Civics
Civ: Random
Difficulty: Deity
Other Settings( CS/resource,etc.): Standard
Bans: Chopping, Harvesting, Pillaging, Urbanization, etc. This time delegation/embassy is allowed as I checked and haven't found a way to exploit them to trade bugs.

Trading: Instead of banning all forms of tradings, I'd like to make it this way-- receiving gold/luxury/resources/cities/diplo favors/great works/alliance/joint wars from AIs are not allowed. This means we can accept peace deals or open borders, but not exploiting them for other things. (like infinite gold/resources) As peace deals/open borders are vital features in game.

Last edited:
Choose your civ, do not random it. Last time you randomed an easy victory.

6 Armed Snowflake and Apoc-mode heavily favour the player btw.

Choose Hermetic Order if you want a real challenge.
Trading: Instead of banning all forms of tradings, I'd like to make it this way-- receiving gold/luxury/resources/cities/diplo favors/great works/alliance/joint wars from AIs are not allowed. This means we can accept peace deals or open borders, but not exploiting them for other things. (like infinite gold/resources) As peace deals/open borders are vital features in game.

Much better. Infinite war was lame.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a culture playthrough, and am ok with Random civ but I suggest maybe a generalist like Trajan or Poundmaker can demonstrate how to use non-specific traits in these settings.

Poundmaker especially has great tools for expansion and growth but no specific victory condition is preferred, with him you can really just play the map, take into account CS and the Rival Civs and then pick a victory condition. I'm sure there are other civs that play best this way too.

Anyway, it's your show and your time so do as you wish I'm probably going to be reading up on your exploits regardless. :thumbsup:

Choose your civ, do not random it. Last time you randomed an easy victory.

I guess I released the T1 save. If you really think it is "easy victory", why not try yourself? Looking forward for you to post a sub-190 SV to verify your "easy".

Whatever I random, you'll claim that's "easy" and say "Choose your civ, do not random it.", if I choose then you'll still claim "easy" and say "Random your civ, do not choose it."

What do you think about going with “roleplay” style chopping, where you can only chop if you immediately add an improvement/district to that tile?

And how about automatically accepting any deal and demand the AI puts forward?

What do you think about going with “roleplay” style chopping, where you can only chop if you immediately add an improvement/district to that tile?

And how about automatically accepting any deal and demand the AI puts forward?
"roleplay chop" is actually mass chop where you need 1 more builder charge to do that and get additionally an improved tile, which is still exploits as the chop provides too much production.

Automatic accept deal? They'll demand a proportion of your gold and all AIs will do that, then you'll bankrupt.

I guess I released the T1 save. If you really think it is "easy victory", why not try yourself? Looking forward for you to post a sub-190 SV to verify your "easy".

Whatever I random, you'll claim that's "easy" and say "Choose your civ, do not random it.", if I choose then you'll still claim "easy" and say "Random your civ, do not choose it."

Many people told you many times your first game was flawed, but you refuse to listen. You were Sycthia with the 2 weakest AI (militarily) as your neighbours, on a nice pangea map. The only way it might be easier for your pure war game was if you were Gran Columbia.

You need to choose the hardest settings possible if you want to prove your 'anyone can do it' point:

- Maya
- Huge map
- Cultural Victory
- Continents with islands
- Apocalyse mode OFF
- Secret Societies ON
- You choose Hermetic Society

Those are the hardest settings I can think of.

Many people told you many times your first game was flawed, but you refuse to listen. You were Sycthia with the 2 weakest AI (militarily) as your neighbours, on a nice pangea map. The only way it might be easier for your pure war game was if you were Gran Columbia.

You need to choose the hardest settings possible if you want to prove your 'anyone can do it' point:

- Maya
- Huge map
- Cultural Victory
- Apocalyse mode OFF
- Secret Societies ON

Why don't you play on the exact same map? It shall be very easy for you and the "many people" you referred to play on. Looking forward to any of you playing a real game!

I voted for culture victory just because I like it the most
About the settings, the choice of quick speed is a bit strange, just because I have never seen anyone use it. Generally SP games use standard speed, and MP games use online speed.

Why don't you play on the exact same map? It shall be very easy for you and the "many people" you referred to play on. Looking forward to any of you playing a real game!

Us: this map is bad and proves nothing. Playing it is meaningless because it randomed near-perfect for your constant war. You need to select your settings to prove your point. Again, playing this map is pointless.

You: YOU PLAY IT THEN!

:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Last edited:
Moderator Action: If posters cannot be civil, thread bans and infractions will be handed out.

Are you gonna settle the center asap? It's an interesting map to play. I never tried this map against the AI.

I also think we need to set up a particular civ and maybe opponents too.

- Maya
- Huge map
- Cultural Victory
- Apocalyse mode OFF
- Secret Societies ON

Something to do instead of covering the same, old ground while waiting for the update. I know gamers' favorite game is arguing, but our second is playing Civ. Pure RNG, and at this point you know as much as I do.

Personally I've had pretty good experience with Maya super-Archer early rush, but the demands of the civ do require looking at the land dramatically differently.

Spoiler :
upload_2020-8-22_15-41-17.png

Attachments

• 6SKY play Civ instead 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom