Auto-scroll with multiple displays- bind mouse always sometimes fails

Borris

Chieftain
Bind mouse always does not always work.

Display #1 is on the left (rotated 90 degrees), smaller than display #2 and not the primary display.

Display #2 is in the middle (of my focus), is marked as the primary display, and is where CBE displays (unless playing with Mantle - a separate bug report filed on that).

Without bind mouse: always, moving the mouse to the left can go the display #1, as might be expected. However, the saved configuration has bind mouse: always. I load a saved game; moving the mouse left goes to the display #1. Within game, do: Menu, options, accept, return to game. So this hasn't changed anything. But now trying to move the mouse off the left of the screen scrolls the map.

Basically, it feels something like the bind mouse: always status is not being observed when returning to the CBE window after something else had the focus, but the act of going to the options panels makes the game "remember" how it should behave. Alt-Tab back to the desktop and the binding re scroll left has been lost - menu, options, accept, return to game: and everything is good again.

My consistent experience is the only way to get the game to bind the mouse is first to open the options page. I don't have to do anything there, just open and close it, then the mouse is bound until next time I switch apps.

Top Bottom