Automated transport

mzprox

Prince
I just cant find or make this feature to work. Can i set up an automated transport? how?

what i want for example is a wagon train which transfers all the wood from one colony to an other.
What i saw is to make the transports fully automated but i want to tell them what to carry and where

You can manually set which trade routes you established via the Governor tabs in your settlements. Say Colony A has too much wood, and Colony B needs 'em. Set Colony A to export wood, and set Colony B to import it. Then on a wagon/ship, assign it that trade route (it's one of the tabs that shows up when you select the ship/wagon).

I hope that answered the question (or if it even answered the right one).

You can manually set which trade routes you established via the Governor tabs in your settlements. Say Colony A has too much wood, and Colony B needs 'em. Set Colony A to export wood, and set Colony B to import it. Then on a wagon/ship, assign it that trade route (it's one of the tabs that shows up when you select the ship/wagon).

I hope that answered the question (or if it even answered the right one).

Yep, thank you :)

i havent played a new game since so havent tried it, but i have read that this system doesnt work perfectly: the wagons easily overloads the goods, so they dont care about max capacity

Then on a wagon/ship, assign it that trade route .

It is also possible to not assign a trade route to a wagon but just setup a trade route and let the AI pick which wagon train does what. Just setup the trade route with import and export, find the nearest wagon train and select the automate button. The wagon train will now automatically select a trade route by itself. Handy feature if you have lots of colonies and trade route's and you dont have to worry anymore about editing or reassigning trade route's.

the wagons easily overloads the goods, so they dont care about max capacity

Confirmed, the wagons dont look at the maximum capacity of your warehouse so dont set your maximum too high.

It is also possible to not assign a trade route to a wagon but just setup a trade route and let the AI pick which wagon train does what. Just setup the trade route with import and export, find the nearest wagon train and select the automate button. The wagon train will now automatically select a trade route by itself. Handy feature if you have lots of colonies and trade route's and you dont have to worry anymore about editing or reassigning trade route's.

Im by no means a expert. I haven't won a game yet. But as I always do .... I try different stuff ingame to see how it reacts then try and beat the game. So...

What i do with my wagon trains is this:

I've read a lot on having one city the produces manufactured goods and the other cities gather ressources to ship to the producing city, so this is usually what I do.
This strategy requires lots of wagon trains a different trade routes to be set-up for the back and fouth traiding.

I set-up the imports and exports for all my cities then I take each Wagon train and assing each to ALL trades routes available, I let the computer decide where they need to go.

On one game I had 5 cities and 6 wagon trains all set-up on ALL routes each and it worked perfectly, none of my cities were missing goods and none had too much in their wearhouses.

I tried having wagon trains for specific routes but it worked less effiently than if I just told them to trade "at large" all over the place.

then I take each Wagon train and assing each to ALL trades routes available, I let the computer decide where they need to go.

You can do this without assigning the trade route's to the wagon train. Just press automate and the AI will use the wagon train for all the trade route's, not just only one. Will save you alot of work and you will get the same result.

Top Bottom