1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

I had that, too, and I believe this happens when a unit performs an action over the x-axis on the mal. There's also some minor graphics glitch where the x-axis wraps.

Has anyone else had the jolts that occur when religious units fight being invisible? I've had that most of the times in the late game now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017
  2. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Do you mean 'the x-axis on the map'? And if so, do you mean where the maps western and eastern "edges" "join"? Lol

Piruparka likes this.
  3. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Exactly. Sorry for the typo.

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Here is my graphical glitch for those interested. I thought it was related to having an apostle activated, but I have no apostles at the moment. For some reason I haven't had it in previous games. I only have one mod(YAMP) for the Greatest Earth map, it may be related to that. But my last 2 games were on this map and mod as well, and I didn't have this problem.

I can't seem to change policies right now because of this problem.
    edit: okay I was able to do it at the end of my turn after I moved all my units.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. Inlex

Inlex Warlord

Dordrecht, Netherlands / Tilburg, Netherlands
    Maybe the software is having a hard time with 46 million cities on the map by 78 civs?

6. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

Not sure if its a patch thing, but does anyone else have their pc freeze when trying to close the game?
    About half the time i end up having to close through task manager.

7. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

All the time, both before and after the patch.

Ondolindë, Japper007 and Uberfrog like this.
  8. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Crashing seems to me to have gotten worse after the Fall patch.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Nearly all the time. Seems worse on long sessions. On short sessions I can usually get out okay.

I didn't have my graphical bug in my current game. I'm thinking performance is a little worse after this patch. My computer did have a little trouble running the above map. I've played that map many times, and this is the first time I've had such long slow downs when trader units come up. Usually it slows down a little with traders, but that was quite a lot. I only took out 2 AI's (Egypt and Nubia), so that may be why. Still it's a lot of fun playing with every civilization in the game at once.

still had a lot of wars my current game. only a standard size map with 11 opponents but still over 25 wars against me. Should call it Civilization 6: Rebuilding traders constantly. Had to really crank out the theater districts to avoid losing culturally to Peter. Sometimes I turn cultural victory off, because I find myself forced to go that route just to defend myself from losing that way.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I've actually only had one close-session freeze since the patch came out. It seems like each patch has reduced how frequently this happens to me. I suspect the variance in experiencing this is due to different hardware builds.

11. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Yeah, I don't think I've had Civ VI successfully close to desktop once. It always freezes and needs to be terminated.

Morningcalm likes this.
  12. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Seems to happen when the game is in Renaissance or Industrial Era. Before or after it closes just fine.

13. gfeier

gfeier King

Has anybody seen any action on the Mac and Linux patch?

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Not a thing.

15. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

They will put out a not so hot fix about the time I finish my current game, preventing me from enjoying the newly repaired Community CQUI.

16. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

Possibly, mine is a budget build for sure - it occasionally goes into slow down mode as well - yet when i check processor usage it is at 25%

17. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

This is based entirely on anecdotal evidence, but I suspect the lockup on quitting to desktop is related to memory use rather than a processing fault.

I used to get the lockup regularly, but since I upgraded my RAM a few months ago it happens maybe once in every ten quits from the game, if not less. It's probably being caused by some kind of weird interaction between the game application and Windows (or insert applicable OS here) when its trying to free up memory after a longer play session.

18. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

I have below average computer and my game never freezes during quit because I don't press "quit" right after I saved game. Just wait a few seconds and it will be ok.

19. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

I have 16gb of ram, its possible that your right but there must be some sort of memory leakage if thats the case?
    I also have an ssd so disk access is quick- my weak points in my self built pc are the processor (which as i said is at 25% when it slows) and my graphics card (1050 ti)

20. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

I also have 16G of ram and that has not stopped mine from crashing on exit more often. I even tried exiting to the main menu first and then exiting, but still got a crash.