Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

It's more that prior to this, it was very easy to accidentally not use a ranged attack, because the Next Turn button would show up without reminding you to do it.

I thought that came with the summer patch.

Talking about the ranged attack reminder - I have a very strong feeling (didn't verify it properly yet) that I get the reminder only for city attack, not for encampment attack. Anyone else noticed this?
(When you can attack an enemy with your encampment and not also the city center, you don't get the warning at all.)

Talking about the ranged attack reminder - I have a very strong feeling (didn't verify it properly yet) that I get the reminder only for city attack, not for encampment attack. Anyone else noticed this?
(When you can attack an enemy with your encampment and not also the city center, you don't get the warning at all.)

I don't know about that specifically, but I've definitely observed that the AI doesn't attack with it's encampment properly, so I'm wondering if there's some deeper issues there. One major example iirc is that if you are attacking a neighboring civ, the AI won't use the encampment against units in your territory even if they are in range. Tho I haven't confirmed if that is still an issue in a while.

You might be correct... I sometimes click next turn and realise just too late that there's a red circle somewhere on the screen... never had the idea to check whether or not that was an encampment, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Definitely didn't work with encampments after the summer patch. Don't know about the fall patch

Another QA update? I have to assume they are fixing more than just the placement bug, cause otherwise this really seems like a lot of testing than I'd expect unless it's a lot more complicated than it looks.

Another QA update? I have to assume they are fixing more than just the placement bug, cause otherwise this really seems like a lot of testing than I'd expect unless it's a lot more complicated than it looks.
The amount of testing could also be about crossplatform, I guess.

The amount of testing could also be about crossplatform, I guess.

That's true. The Mac/Linux test builds haven't updated, but I'm not sure they need to given what happened with the fall patch (the PC deploy somehow updating the Mac version). Also Ed Beach specifically mentioned xplatform in the 1 year interview.

I don't know about that specifically, but I've definitely observed that the AI doesn't attack with it's encampment properly,
I have noticed the AI never shoots with all its cities, notrmally only 1 ... so maybe its that

I just noticed this
I saw the mark so just ask for 344 gold and she said no so I said what will it take and this is what she came back with... despite the red mark which is supposed to say "no way"

upload_2017-11-3_18-18-36.png

They just added a build called falconchase. They also removed one called quickdraketest. No idea what that's about.

It sounds like a Super Smash Brothers Kombination.

Top Bottom