AV Sheaim + AV civ offering vassal = Agares anger

PotatoSamurai

ChooseReligion enthusiast
Headline spells the general story. I'm playing Sheaim, I founded the Veil, some odd number of turns later a Lanun leader converts and eventually is hounded by some third civ (not an AV, was probably the Luchuirp under Runes) enough that he offers suzeraintyto me. Immediately after I accept, I and he declare war on Agares.

I kept playing, explaining my spotty memory, with the mistaken belief that Pax Diabolis would instantly remedy the problem without the pound of flesh that it in fact requires. I built it in my capital, which is also the Veil holy city. Oh, and I'm also at war with Hyborem (unrelated to this problem), so if I actually used Pax I'd be filling his ranks at the same time.

I tested using Pax, and indeed it allowed me and my vassals to make peace (the Luchuirp capitulated and this hadn't affected this problem AFAIK). Hyborem was unimpressed.

I can't tell from other FFH/FFH2 threads whether this is normal behavior or not, honestly. If I can make a quick fix recommendation, how about Ashen Sheaim and/or whoever holds the AV holy city (and/or shrine) and is Ashen can use a city spell at will to make up with Agares?

I've had a similar problem when playing a Feral civ. It doesn't always seem to happe, but sometimes when I accept a peacevassal or capitulation, I would declare war on the animals by doing so. I was also able to remedy it via a ritual (nature's revolt), but thought it was worth mentioning.
-CF

Top Bottom