1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by rocklikeafool, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mahazel

mahazel Warlord

When I played as Tebryn long ago, got all 4 horseman and (old) Avatar near or in my border, but horsemans were killed by Mordeo, and Avatar followers were destroyed by my Eaters of Dreams, High Priests, Mordeo and of course my favorite Abashi. Next I sacrificed Mordero and tons of disease corps to injure Avatar and killed him by Abashi. But before Avatars attack I created Blood of Phoenix, so all my living units (eaters of dreams minotaurs, crossbowmans, priests, assasins etc.) killed by AC 90 returned to my capitol. Also they captured only 2 of my cities, in the edge of my empire, because I transported a few tar demons to nearest cities by Nexus :)

2. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

NICE! Great strategy, man.

3. xalien

xalien Prince

Double post

4. xalien

xalien Prince

I was thinking about some strategies against wrath. Build a ton of scouts before the event occurs and keep them near your valuable living units that you'd wish to preserve (I'm sure that Combat V beastmasters going rogue wouldn't be a pretty sight). When wrath comes you should have a lot of enraged scouts, I've heard that disbanding wrath-enraged units will turn them into barbs. So, make a barb scout and kill him with a unit you want to "clean up". How about that?

5. Pyr0mancer

Pyr0mancer Prince

Yes, that would work, but would require a fair bit of micromanagement. Enraged units instantly go barb if you try to disband them.

6. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

I played a game as Alexis and so far have managed to kill all 4 horseman. I was kinda disappointed really. :( I only lost like 4 Stygian Guards. Course, I did react very quickly to their appearance. Still, was kinda easy.

I hope the Avatar don't die so easy.

Edit: The Avatar does die easily. Tasunke, my vassal, killed him with a few more Stygian Guards. The Avatar and the Horsemen really are disappointin for units that are sposed to kick so much ass.
    Where's Kael? Why is this so easy, Kael?!!!

7. Milosrdenstvi

Milosrdenstvi Chieftain

IMO it's a GOOD thing if the Avatar is so hard to beat and often destroys your civilization in the process. It's the end of the world! You shouldn't be able to cheat the end of the world by building up a big army. Maybe the dragons or the other Avatars should have an even chance against AC 90, but nothing else. These hellspawn ought to be able to destroy half the world at least -- on the harder levels if nothing else.

Somebody once suggested the whole world going hell terrain at AC 100. I liked that idea.

8. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Why exactly can I beat him by losin only like 3 Stygian Guards? It was too easy.

9. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

It would be quite funny if the Avatar/ Horsemen had the same ability as the immortals. I believe that with no capital a Barb Immortal would teleport randomly like the old escape spell.

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I don't think that would be a good idea for the four horsemen, but it makes sense for the Avatar of Wrath. It makes lots of sense for an archangel to be immortal. Having him teleport randomly seems pretty good too, as he is the archangel of Chaos

Were you thinking the Immortal promotion, or intrinsic immortality?

Hmm...I just looked over the SDK (not the latest version though) and It doesn't look like it really does anything if the owner does not have a capital city. That could be a problem.

11. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

It might annoy some of us.

12. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Yeah the 4 horsemen would be way overpowered but it would work well with the Avatar.
    Every time I see the Avatar he gets crushed way to easily.

@Magister I was thinking intrisic immortality but now maybe I think it would work better by starting with immortality but gain it back sort of how Losha does it but require more than one kill (3?).

13. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Yes, the Avatar needs to be upped a lil. So, the immortal promotion for him should work. Ya know, I think the Avatar is only powerful when the Horsemen have already beat the crap outta you. Unfortunately for them, I planned on them and sent a large army after them. Hehehe...