B05 - For Honor, For Japan

Hate to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out. I think I'm putting the Civ disks in storage for a while as I just can't get enough enjoyment out of the game anymore. If I keep playing this one, I'm just going to get careless trying to rush through this and hurt the team's chances. That wouldn't be fair to you. Good luck guys.

Happens to everyone every now and then, even the best ;)

That puts jb UP, Ansar on deck - though I'm out for 7+ days so well, whatever floats your boat guys.

Roster check:
B - Back
Rat -
jb - skipped
Ansar - 24hrs to call it
C_H - On Deck, up tomorrow

Sure thing, Classical UP, you're on deck.

Preturn. I decrease the science because we cannot be losing that much gold and I move two units to try and stop some setttling. Are we keeping to a strict N/S or E/W axis, or can we move NE/NW/SE/SW? From the looks fo the save, we are breaking that rule, if it is a hard fast rule. This is very confusing I must say. This is a silly rule because we will not be able to attack every unit or city.

IBT. We are asked to move from portugals lands, which we do. The Zulus are building the GLib.

Turn 1. Not much of note. Just moving some units and workers around. I am being strict for this turnset WRT unit movements.

IBT. A Portugal archer kills a unit from the Zulu's I think.

Turn 2. Dishonoured house builds a market and is switching to a tem. Otherwise more of the same.

IBT. We see a few Mayans getting closer to us, but they are no danger. They are also building the HG.

Turn 3. Honourable House of Toku builds a Lib and is now building a temple. Tokyo Pride builds a Market and starts a Lib. I increase science for one turn and then decrease it the next turn and vice versa so that we have quicker science but do not lose so much.

IBT. The Mayans are build SoZ. And this.

Turn 4. Just maneover troops so that the Netherlands cannot colonize the north.

IBT. The Egpytians are now building HG.

Turn 5. More of the same.

IBT. Some Mayans are very near our territory

Turn 6. HHoT builds tem and now starts Colos. We kill a Mayan spear. I checked the Peace and for peace they want Imperial Satsuma. :lol:

IBT. The Mayans and Portugues have a RoP treaty. Watch out

Turn 7. Dis House builds a Tem and starts a Lib. Docks of Nara builds a Habour and starts a tem.

IBT. A Thrower enters ou territory. He will be killed.

Turn 8. Tomb of Takeda Shingen builds an aqua and starts markets. Slums of Kagoshima builds a tem and starts aqua.

IBT. Not much, except this.

Turn 9. TP builds a lib and starts on a colos. We kill a Jav with our army. I stop the alternate increase deacrease science since it is now close enough to stop it (40% = 6 turns 50% = 5 turns, since it is close enough I stop it.)

IBT. The Mayans are building the GW.

Turn 10. Not much happened.

The save

This is a silly rule because we will not be able to attack every unit or city.
This is the whole point :p

By the way, why a temple where the border pop was already done ?

Roster check:
B - On Deck
Rat -
jb -
Ansar - UP on a swap
C_H -

I hate to do this but with procrastinated schoolwork and such, I need to quit the SG. Its not personal preference, it was pure random. Im sorry, I will miss playing in this SG and this very interesting variant. I will lurk from the stands though, so good luck all. :sad:

Procrastinated schoolwork in the summer?! Ansar, are you a delinquent? :lol:

And wow, blocking off the Dutch advance north must have been hard, only using units that could only move N,S,E,orW.

Again, I must say that wars would suck (double stacks for defending/attacking a town) as well as railroad movement (one move at a time just to be sure).

Sure Ansar, good move. That's me up, will try and take that time somewhere around tuesday night.

I think you uploaded the wrong save, Classical ...

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
I think you uploaded the wrong save, Classical ...
I blame ThERat for this because he changed the format of the naming of the save, and thus I played the one that on the same format that most of the other saves are named.. I will play the saves either tonight or tomorrow.

Was there ever a format to the names ? :lol: come now it's not so bad ;)

If you'd rather the game just go on I'll take it from his save

well, the game had this generic name that I don't like. I gave it the a more specific name with the date in it, that should be sufficient, isn't it?

I used to put a B standing for Beorn's in my saves, somewhat expecting the others to put theirs, but on the first roll everyone left the B there :crazyeye: so I changed to Beorn, and everyone kept not changing it :lol:
And yes, I hardly see a problem with anything in that Mr Rat

Good news ! Lisbon is ours and I reaped a Dis-MGL. Now however comes a tough choice: FP or army ? Most of the fighting we'll have to do will be on dis grounds, so an army will be great, but a FP is always big.

Plan A: Orchestrate a rotation of the Dis-governors in order to get Guimares as our FP Dis-city while losing the docks to our SE. With the galley it's very doable to juggle it out, we'll just need to time in the captures of Guimares and the other city up north.

Plan B: keep the leader for a sammy army and hope it parts the red sea.

Ideas, rebuttals, anything?

well, if we plan for more wars, I'd say an army is ok, the FP can come later I think

Top Bottom