B_01 - Cowboy Diplomacy

Well first I don't think we'll be going to war in awhile - we're about 2/3 through expanding.

I'm a little confused about the varient then. We're going for Diplomatic victory, but also Conquest, but we can only attack capitol cities.

My vote is for Republic because I think we have a lot of building up yet to do.We will be discovery Chivalry in 30-40 turns, and even then we have to save money to upgrade horses and have produciton in place to build Riders.

I don't think unit cost will be bad because by the time of Riders, we will have 15+ *Cities* (size 7+) that can support 3 free units each. Remember we have lots of River cities which means free aquaducts

I am stronglyfor republic.

This is Monarch. War weariness sets in slowly.

Furthermore, the wars will tend to alternate. Remember that war weariness is per civ. E.g. whack on the Injuns a bit and then move on to someone else. 20 turns later, come back to the Injuns again and whack on 'em again, all fresh and happy.

Oh. Another thing. Contrary to popular belief, republic is much better than monarchy for keeping the masses opiated (to use Marx' term). 20% luxes does wonders for the smileys and that's less than half the republic bonus. We can use the rest as we like.

As time goes by, we will acquire :king: more luxes making republic still better.

@MeteorPunch

Agree on all your points. Unit costs will be low. Horses are expensive MPs. War is not near.

And Republic is almost always better. I see no reason to think that this variant will be an exception.

Thanks all for the wait, Meteor, ill pick it up after you. Real life sneaks up on ya fast. Sometimes with a knife :wow:

650 Trade to Ottoman for Monarchy. Research to Republic.
550 IT: Mongols complete the Pyramids.
530 The Alamo founded. (It is founded on a hill and borders Mongols and Ottomans - a nice place for a standoff.)
490 Dallas,TX founded. San Fransisco founded.

- We have 4-5 city locations max left to settle (assuming they don't get taken)
- We've fallen a little in tech. About half up and half down on the other civs.
- Republic is due in 8 turns, hopefully we've decided on it (or not) by then.
- I think we did a great job of expanding over our land :goodjob:

We'll need a ton of workers for roads in the very near future, if we want republic to pay off. Right now we have trouble keeping the masses opiated (;)) with 40% luxes, and it won't change until things are roaded and worked up.

I take it it's 4 settlers to go then mass workers then mass riders. This will be good.

Roster:
- Beorn
- BigNHuge <- Up
- Meteor Punch <- Just played
- Abegweit <- On deck
- General Mayhem

:bump: Keeping this off of page 2. Is BigNHuge around, or did that guy with the knife sneak up again?

I guess that puts you up then.

We are even more good now that we have horses around.

Roster:
- Beorn
- BigNHuge <- On deck
- Meteor Punch <- Just played
- Abegweit <- Up
- General Mayhem

kk back guys, lets cowboy up. :D

Hmmmm k. Whichever one of you two guys posts a got it gets his turn; given Abe has not played his turns as of now, his "got it" isn't still valid, or is it?

:bump: Its been a week now with no activity...

If neither of them has posted by tomorrow afternoon I'll take it.

Roger that, general

am i one of the people your waiting on?
if so ill take it, but tomorrow, i got a birthday thing tonight

Top Bottom