Babes resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Babe will continue on.
Great!

[party] :dance: :bounce:

...I'd like to propose a rule that will not allow forts on coastal tiles or we can guarantee this game will end in culture or space. Not a very appealing option to an old (with emphasis on old) (and less on) warhorse.
:eek:

James T. Kirk is my hero! I swear on my pointy ears!

And these people too:

3. Since this game will undoubtedly move much deeper into the ages than MTDG I I suggest we attempt to move the save with some alacrity. There's nothing that will create a un-fun atmosphere and lack of interest as slow play.
Until the last two turns, it appeared we completed a turn a day on weekdays and one full turn over the weekend, for about 6 turns from Sunday to Sunday. That doesn't seem to be too bad.

With that said I'd like to propose a rule that will not allow forts on coastal tiles or we can guarantee this game will end in culture or space. Not a very appealing option to an old (with emphasis on old) (and less on) warhorse.

3. Since this game will undoubtedly move much deeper into the ages than MTDG I I suggest we attempt to move the save with some alacrity. There's nothing that will create a un-fun atmosphere and lack of interest as slow play.

You can't seriously propose a rule change and expect us to rush ahead and play the save without knowing whether your amendment will be enacted. :confused:

I really think we need a little break here so we can all take a fresh look at this tomorrow. As much as I hate to give up this game it seems to have lost a certain something now. Perhaps it'll seem different in the morning.

I do think last game bears on this situation. Three teams went through the ordeal of having to play out a losing situation. At least last game all those were rather swift. This one won't be so quick. General_W's comments about fun are something we should all consider.

That's fine Donsig. Let's stop the game and vote on forts. If you want to add a proposal for ending the game due to a unfun element I would suggest you propose it.

That's fine Donsig. Let's stop the game and vote on forts. If you want to add a proposal for ending the game due to a unfun element I would suggest you propose it.

Do you mind if each team discusses your proposal or do you want a vote right now?

As for the unfun element I'm not sure I have a proposal to end the game for that. I was only thinking that if many BABES are about to leave and the rest of us think the game is now tarnished because of that then we may want to consider just ending this and starting a new game. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

In any event I see nothing wrong with asking for a night or two to mull all this over. My team is up now and I think under the circumstances we should not be expected to rush to play our turn.

I'm sure everyone would accomodate your team's desire to hold the save.

As far as forts I'll open a UN discussion thread and maybe the admins can give us a timeframe for a vote. I'd think building forts anytime soon would be a bit silly but we should discuss it anyhow.

Hey we just got done with a gig. :band: Did we miss anything? :D

I don't think this blockade will last till marines. There are several opportunities before marines where it might fall, because the blockade of the whole coast is such an expensive thing. You doubt the enormous cost of it? Look at SABER's tech advance - they are left way behind. So, they will have to open their gates again some day.

With astronomy, the attacking monopoly falls and BABE might have to worry about an invasion of its own land for the first time. That's refreshing, believe me :D

With Military Tradition, SABER will open its coasts to invite someone to trigger their Golden Age. :mischief: :D
Just as we might do when Metallurgy is around... :p

With Railroads, every civ will feel more comfortable to leave landing spots open.

However all these moments are too late to have the MW be really powerful, but I consider it polemic to complain warfare completely delayed till Marines. :shake: :nono:

There is a certain time frame where this blockade works and you just had a bad timing of your attack.

And now on with the show! :bounce:

I fully agree with what paul said.

You simply had a bad timing and no plan B, but I'm sure that your team (which is probably full of people who are way more experienced than me) will recover from that position.

Now, is there anything else to discuss that requires this topic?

As of right now there's two players willing to continue on and one based on a contingency.
If BABE is down to only two or three players they will be hard pressed to keep to a 24 hour schedule. The Turn Player will probably be very involved with foreign communications and negoations. The other player(s) will be serving in multiple roles also.

What if we allowed them 36 or 48 hours to play their turn?

I believe that comment by Whomp is somewhat outdated, and that there will be more people in team BABE. Can we just let this thread die? Unless the BABEs have something else to add that is. Otherwise I suggest we just go on with the show (modulo the discussion in the UN about coastal forts in the other thread).

I'd say that Team Saber is willing to change positions with Team Babe in-game any time of the day.

Can we just let this thread die? Unless the BABEs have something else to add that is.
My past preceeds me...

Hey we just got done with a gig. Did we miss anything?
I joined... :crazyeye: ;) Hi bugs. :salute: :rotfl:

If you want to add a proposal for ending the game due to a unfun element I would suggest you propose it.
Well, the original unfun is back.

:deadhorse: :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom