Babylon & Persia

myclan

King
I was using Babylon, when Persia appeared, sometimes I found that I was at War with the Persian and sometimes not. The same problem occured when Greeks apeeared. Is it just luck or controlled by some special factors?

I have also met another problem. Though the Persian was at war with me, he just sent all his troops into my boundary, and stood there doing nothing. Neither trying to attack my city, nor destroying my village. What's more, the position his troops choose is not a very good tile to defence. I just wondered what had happened.

It is a feature, some civs start at war against other civs. It is random, though there is probably slightly bigger chance for starting at war, perhaps 60-40.

I believe that the Persians don't attack because they don't have siege weapons, not sure though. It is an AI problem and very annoying one. I assume that it is known.

I had the same thing happen to me when playing as Babylonia... The Persians just sat there with a stack of immortals (2N, 1E of Babylon) and never attacked...

Granted, I played Babylonia a bunch of times in a row (going for the UHV) and this only happened once or twice... Other times, they would attack my one city with their chariots... (mostly) but a few times they got the immortals off of their ass and attacked... It's not a definite bug, since they DO attack, but I know what you mean, I've seen it.

I've noticed a similar thing. Got BtS today **yay!** and instantly started up an RFC game as Babylonia. I DoW the independants in Shush. They send a warrior to stand a tile or two northeast of Babilu until the Persian spawn. I'm thinking this may be a bug related to playing as Babylon?

I've noticed a similar thing. Got BtS today **yay!** and instantly started up an RFC game as Babylonia. I DoW the independants in Shush. They send a warrior to stand a tile or two northeast of Babilu until the Persian spawn. I'm thinking this may be a bug related to playing as Babylon?

This is not a bug, for it is the only thing one warrior can do

It isn't a bug but a "feature" of BetterAI mod that has been implemented with the BtS expansion. It makes the AI more cautious. Sometimes, too cautious.

Top Bottom