Back after many years away from Civ2: thank you so much for keeping it alive.

Willhelm II

Chieftain
Finally sat down and managed to fix myself a copy of Tot+TOTP working on my 64bit machine, beautifully dressed in Catfish's Graphics Mod pack - rapture.

Sadly it had to be done via downloading TOT as abandonware, since laptops no-longer have CD players increasingly: posting the civ2.exe was what fixed it up, prior to that the TOTTP couldn't recognize the version, and it was proving impossible to update it to version 1.1 manually.

Only problem sadly is that it doesn't seem to like loading save-games, which is a pity - does anyone know how to fix this or a way around it?

I would like to get multiplayer gold running tonight, so if anyone has a similar civ2.exe for multiplayer gold that is ready for TOTTP (or has already been patched by it) I would be very greatful: would like to try playing it during the lockdown sometime with my daughter who has recently taking up gaming, using gameranger.

As far as I understand it, TOTTP is not compatible with MGE.

What is the problem with load and save games with TOTTP?

Every time I load a save game the game just stops and goes to desktop: tried loading games in the menu, and also loading games from inside a game - everytime it deactivates TOT.

Only problem sadly is that it doesn't seem to like loading save-games, which is a pity - does anyone know how to fix this or a way around it?

Probably a permissions problem. Catfish's ToT installation guide suggests not installing to the default location, I think at least in part because modern windows is more restrictive about where programs can read/write to.

If you have a ToT disk somehwere, and a machine with a CD drive, you might create an .iso file of the CD, transfer the .iso via USB to the laptop you are using, and mount the .iso file in your laptop. The computer will then act as though there is a TOT CD in the drive. (.iso files act like a copy of the CD, except, I think, for extra music tracks, so they can be quite large) Perhaps you can think of another way to get an .iso file...

You might need software to create and mount the .iso file. I don't regularly use Windows 10, so I'm not familiar with what is included these days.

I would like to get multiplayer gold running tonight, so if anyone has a similar civ2.exe for multiplayer gold that is ready for TOTTP (or has already been patched by it) I would be very greatful: would like to try playing it during the lockdown sometime with my daughter who has recently taking up gaming, using gameranger.

MGE has CIV2UIA. It's not TOTPP, but you still might want it.

Top Bottom