Bad roll in military tech

Bloog

Chieftain
OK, this is all my fault. I decided to pick Klackon, completely uncreative and unresourceful. Never thought I could end up without the point-defense beam mount. At tech lvl 25, all I got is light mount. I couldn't trade PD mount from an ally and I haven't succeeded in stealing it.

Not having mob centers is annoying, but not having point defense is disasterous. I'm at war with harvesters and they deploy something like laser warhead missiles. My light mounted beams target fighters, but not missiles. Got 2 of my fringe worlds :nuke:ed and my entire fleet got destroyed. I've given up. Resistance looks futile.

Being uncreative cuts even deeper wounds. A nice fleet needs a good hull size as well. I got most of them upto Dread Cruiser but I don't have enough shipyard facilities to build large vessels. Makes me wonder what production is good for if one cann't build large ships with it :eek: . Poor Klackon.

I am still experimenting with the game so I don't have any exact answers but you could try outnumbering them by say 2 or 3 to 1, if they give you the time ofcourse. Maybe that will be enough to tip the scale?

Yes, I guess more numbers is the only way here. Large fleets however require a good planning as large formations require several types of ships.

As for tech, building a ship somewhat close to capable requires quite a number of technologies. Size, shields, weapons, etc. IMHO investing 30 points civ points for the second-lowest creativity may make playing Klackon play easier.

Do you have any humanoid races in your sector? If so (especially if they are the humans) spy the hell out of them. The are usually far advanced in tech and they suck at counterespionage. In my harvester-game I got most of my techs through scientific spies assigned to the humans (usually 5 or more at a time) :evil:

Tech Tech Tech

Ok - Stealing Tech is quite easy

Step 1.) Find an enemy that HAS the tech you need
Step 2.) Train a LOT of science spies (10 is good *smiles*)
Step 3.) Send them all on a mission to steal tech from your enemy - most of them should get through and lets say 6 of 10 get through that is 6 spies getting tech

If they carry out a mission there is about a 35% chance a tech will be stolen, depending on what techs they have and what you have then depends on how you can get it,,,

bottom line, 1 spy is never enough when your this desperate, simply STEAL as hard as you can!!!

Ok - Trading tech is quite easy

How important is this tech to you?

Try offering a LOT of high class tech that the other side doesnt have (im talking 3 level 25's for a simple level 1 tech!) the AI should see this is a good thing and accept the deal (it has worked for me in the past)

Try offering them planets - yes seems mad but just offer them the earth (no pun intended) and they should accept it

What else?? Try giving them LOTS of gifts - sweeten them to you, give them a few worlds, depends how important this is to you

Top Bottom