Bad Ronald's Custom Colors and Flags

could you make a soviet russian flag and a Nazi Germany Flag??

Thanx for the expansion pack ronald as i really like the union jack for england (a very nice one too) i only use your flags so keep up the great work mate..too myserio..i'd like too see ronald do a nazi flag as well..hey i'd use it and well if others dont then it all comes down too a matter of choice dos'nt it,unlike your current president who refuses too conduct stem cell research based on his weird religious beleifs he leaves no choice at all for those who suffer and die because of his decision,this is only a flag graphic from a time in our history and only gives people a choice..which is what its all about is'nt it.

4_HoTA said:
too myserio..i'd like too see ronald do a nazi flag as well..hey i'd use it and well if others dont then it all comes down too a matter of choice dos'nt it,unlike your current president who refuses too conduct stem cell research based on his weird religious beleifs he leaves no choice at all for those who suffer and die because of his decision,this is only a flag graphic from a time in our history and only gives people a choice..which is what its all about is'nt it.

Learn the difference between "to" and "too", and how properly to write contractions. I normally don't comment on incorrect grammar, but you drew first blood, so you get both barrels.

You're kidding, right? You're equating President Bush's stance on stem cell research to the Holocaust carried out by the Nazis in WWII? Oh...my...God. Anti-drug campaigns should use your analogy as proof that drugs kill brain cells. The Nazis had ZERO redeeming qualities, yet you want to display their flag in Civ IV.

If you're going to post such nonsense in the future, please have the decency to wear your white, pointy hood while you compose your pearls of idiocy.

EDIT: BTW, I don't object to including Nazis in games when they're integral to the content. The Nazi flag is not integral to Civ IV's content; it plays just fine without it. Sure, one is free to choose to display that flag in the game, but why one would ever choose to display a symbol that represents the very worst in human beings is beyond me.

Bad Ronald, I would really like you to create a Prussian eagle decal, giving Fred the Great's civ a truer historical context. I know this would mean an investment of time & talent... but do you think it would be a good idea?
Yours in fraternity, Roops

Bad Ronald,

Do you have plans to create matching buttons for both your original flag pak and the expansion pak? I noticed that the Pedia buttons don't match the flags (because we never specified new dds files for the buttons, of course).

If I knew how to edit dds files... maybe I could do all this myself :)

Definitely my favorite mod so far as the default colors and flags have always bugged me. But now it's stopped working for me.

After doing a clean install of Civ plus the new patch, I extracted this as always as the only non-vanilla thing in the Custom Assets directory. But now I get white flags for all civs on my desktop with an Nvida card and it works perfectly on my laptop with ATI 9200 mobility. Prior to this it worked just fine on both. Any idea what might be wrong?

TIA

i would like to see the nazi flag too...

not because im pro nazis etc---but to me (an american) when i think of germany and wars, i think of hitler and wwii...and i like to kick nazi butt---i dont much about the other german leaders....

as for the soviet flag---theres a post that someone has created the flag...(would still like to see it here in the expansion flags..since yours are great so far)

I really like using this mod in all my games, but the German white borders can be hard to see.

Excellent mod, thanks Ronald.

I think your idea for a British mod has some merit, you should try it out. Personally, (being a Scotsman) i felt insulted that you could only play the "English" empire, this is unfair as Scots (& Irish & Welsh) have played a massive part of the developement of the British empire. Although its nice to play the modded Scottish, Welsh & Irish i find it hard to swallow when im dominating the world.

& the redcoats look cool with the union jack..

Would also be good to see a Russian Soviet flag & Nazi Flag, everybody knows the connotations but we are all adults right :/

Thrust123,

In the '\assets\xml\art\CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml' file for your mod, make sure that you have <bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag> for the Union instead of <bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>

The Greek flag you used is really a guiet modern flag dating from 1828.The cross showing its relationship with the Greek Orthadox Church. This was an a period when they where under domination of the Otteman Empire. I believe other flags predating this one would be better enlight of the greatness that was once Greece.

HI!
Well I have a problem, but I dont know what can happens... I have install both flag's xpansions and now when I play, all the flags are white.
I have check all the xml... and all is correct. Someone can help me?
I have the lowest graphic level because I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440...

Any chance for a modern Portuguese Flag?

Renobe said:
The Greek flag you used is really a guiet modern flag dating from 1828.The cross showing its relationship with the Greek Orthadox Church. This was an a period when they where under domination of the Otteman Empire. I believe other flags predating this one would be better enlight of the greatness that was once Greece.
Well, I like the modern Greek flag, but if you post a suggestion for a specific Greek flag from an earlier period I may add it as an option in the expansion pack.

Black Flames said:
I'm lost, which folder in the custom assets does the file go into?
If you go to your Civ 4 root directory (the default is 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4') there will be a link to the folder named '_Civ4CustomAssets'. Just doubleclick that, and you should be fine.

Rey said:
Any chance for a modern Portuguese Flag?
If you make a mod adding the Portuguese civ, I'll gladly create one. I just don't see any reason to offer a flag without a corresponding civ.

Top Bottom