Balancing the new Snail and Eternity

Yes, that's an absolutely interesting idea.. But I tried to enhance it with a twist:
rather than having soldiers upon the tile claiming it with force you could be at peace with neighbour yet buying the land as long as they don't close borders (imagine US buying Alsaka from Russia).
I think that kind of buying is represented more by buying a city than buying a plot.

Well, that's true on one hand but then what if there are tiles that are not in the BFC of a border city but cut off an enclave of AI. They would love to have a land connection to that city and you as player would love to surround them with culture. More strategic depth possible.

I have never bought a city from AI, for as they are either too expansive or Ai doesn't want to sell them and when they do want to sell cities they are size1 and on the other side of the world.

Buying single tiles in border regions with open borders is something that might be implemented seperately one day and/or the buy city thing could be nerfed...

EDIT: btw is it possible to have another culture on the tile next to the city? I mean there are many examples of cities that are 'just at the border'.

I just updated to v 2605 and now my matured game in which i lived in 1397 BC shows 32005 AD.
I guess this isn't intended.

Or do we have to start over a new game?

One potential solution to the ring 2 resource problem would be allowing tile claiming by military units without fixed borders as long as the tile would be inside a city's work radius.

Alternatively, create a new expendable unit that can be used to claim such a tile, or make it an action available to gatherers and workers which consumes the unit.

I just updated to v 2605 and now my matured game in which i lived in 1397 BC shows 32005 AD.
I guess this isn't intended.

Or do we have to start over a new game?

I just checked, and I think the problem is that a modifier recalc does not re-map the start date.:p Koshling will have to fix that in order for this to be save compatable.:(

One potential solution to the ring 2 resource problem would be allowing tile claiming by military units without fixed borders as long as the tile would be inside a city's work radius.

Alternatively, create a new expendable unit that can be used to claim such a tile, or make it an action available to gatherers and workers which consumes the unit.

For a neutral tile this action would be pretty easy to add in python - it just needs to add 1 point of culture for the claiming player.

My iResearch on marathon speed is 200 but epic is 350 shouldn't it be the other way around since epic is faster than marathon?

My iResearch on marathon speed is 200 but epic is 350 shouldn't it be the other way around since epic is faster than marathon?

I have not redone Marathon yet, because I did not know of anyone who actually used it.:rolleyes: It is atm totally unbalanced, but I can redo it if there is popular demand.

no worries, up to you, ill just play epic for now. Perhaps remove marathon option since new players might get a negative impression?

I always found it easiest to do them all at once, utilizing basic fractional mathematics to keep them all in line with each other. That said, its easiest to work one and get it right then the rest fall in line if the math is sound.

So I guess I'm saying that if ls is working on one or two to get them right before updating the rest, that makes sense to me. Personally, anything faster than snail is just too fast for a proper game (though useful for testing!)

I played 3 GEM games on snail and won (in my opinion :) ) b4 modern, so i wanna play a GEM epic speed.

Top Bottom