Barb Flood

Strider

In Retrospect
This map is a standard size continent 8 civ map.

You start the game off normally with a settler & worker or/and scout. The one thing differant is that you also start off with pikemen. The pikemen are located on some mountains at the mouth of your "safety area". Just as long as your pikemen stand nothing can get to your cities.

Also in this map their are ton's of barb camps. Their are 3 dif levels which decide how many barbs their are.

Easy diff level

Diff 2 map

Hardest Map

Yeah.

Also I'm going to start working on renaming units/improvements/wonders and possibly making it harder and more fun. I hope to have that done soon

Warning to Diety players: This is really hard on diety as you get no bonus against barbs. So I would suggest using the easiest diff if you wish to play as diety.

And everyone tell me if you like it or not.

This is an extra hard version of Barb Flood. The AI rate was brought up higher than normal and their are more barbs.

Here is the simplest verison of Barb Flood. AI power was taked down and player corruption was lowered. The number of barbs were also taken down.

Here's a new version of barb flood. The map and layout is differant from the last one. You start off on a huge, continent map with all of the civs. Out in the ocean are islands which the barbians own. You must research a good enough ships to get their and destroy all of the barbians. On top of getting 25 Gold each barb encampment you get workers. Also each island has a good amount of lux's and resource's.

I'm making yet another new version of barb flood. Here's what I'm planning on right now:

You still have your "Safety area", but the level modifer vs barbs for each diff level was brought down. You start off with a defense good enough to stay alive, but not to risk leaving your "safety area" As time progress's you can get good enough units to venture out of your area.

Here's the layout of the new version:

You start off in your safty area. Your safety area is surrounded by mountains each with an Infantry on it. The Infantry's defense was brought up where it makes them almost invinable if attacked. Through the Infantry's attack rate was brought done to 1. The Infantry is also un-buildable. The only way to get more Infantry is to capture AI or Barb settlers(their are barb settlers placed around the map).
If you forifty your infantry on the mountains you will most likely live through anything the barbs throw at you. Also the modifer vs barbs as brought down to:

Chiefteen:50
Warlord:40
etc.

It's being tested right now. After that is done I will make any changes that is needed and have someone test it again(I don't test my own maps). If it works out nice this time I should release it by tonight.

Ok here is the Newest version of barb flood. Try turning battle aminations off till the number of barbs drop down, because it takes a very long time to fight all of those barbs.

Would anyone like me to start working on some new barb flood maps?

I've been messing with the editor alittle bit and found some new interesting stuff to do.... So I'm going to create a new barb flood with possibly a barb civilization and some other "nice" stuff.

This looks like an interesting scenario...

Is there any chance you could post a little bit more detail as to what the purpose is of it, and the "goal" of it and such?

Originally posted by Procifica
This looks like an interesting scenario...

Is there any chance you could post a little bit more detail as to what the purpose is of it, and the "goal" of it and such?

That's what I'm working on.... Mainly it's just a normal Civ3 game with just alot of barbs/barb encampments about. Making it harder to do anything.

Top Bottom