Barbarians Founding Religions?

Virdrago

Wandering
I just finished a Persian game where the barb city of Gordion founded Christianity. I was sitting next to it with a warrior, when suddenly the Christian founding music and message popped up and three Christian missionaries appeared in the city. Is this possible?

Ugh, by now I should remember to keep some of my saves. I deleted it when I installed 3.17, since I couldn't get into the saves anymore.

Edit: Maybe I can find it on the replay, if I can get to it.

I've seen this before. I've also seen Gordian get razed because it takes forever to grow to size 2, resulting in virtually no presence of Christianity in the game.

Really? Chirsitnaity is almost always found in Carthago in my games, and several hundred years before it should be.

Really? Chirsitnaity is almost always found in Carthago in my games, and several hundred years before it should be.

I rarely see that, unless Carthage is collapsed. There's some chance that an independent (or apparently barbarian) city on the Mediterranean will found it by a certain date.

Of course with particularly strong civilizations, there's also a chance someone will just research it.

Barbarian christianity is possible. If Jerusalem exists and is not Independent, the mod looks through the Jewish independent cities, then the Jewish barbarian cities, then the European independent cities and finally the European barbarian cities.

Play the game enough times and I swear, you'll see Gordion found Christianity at least once. I've seen it just once, in the latest version. I was confused and surprised by it myself! And yes, Jerusalem was grabbed up by Egypt at the time.

I saw this when I played Carthago. I captured Jerusalem and Egypt founded judaism. I didn't attack Gordion but its culture became too important. Because it has founded Christianism. The city had 3 christian missionaries inside. Christianism hadn't spread to another city (maybe cause barbarians have no foreign roads).

I razed Gordion, Christianism disappeared. Then natives destroyed Egypt with their Impis so the judaic holy city was razed too (the two egyptian cities were razed by them). Only few cities were judaic (in lybia, carthage and greece). Rome became buddhist (really late). Jerusalem was buddhist :crazyeye:. Then Arabia appeared and every new european civ became muslim (except from France, buddhist due to its roman ancestry maybe).

I played a little after the winning and I think it would have been really easy to win as Arabia (nearly 34% muslim with no arab expansion, just need to find the hindu/buddhist holy city).

I'll post screenshots if I find them.

India founded Christianity in my last game. One of the southern cities like Yeaklitputra or something

I've seen China sprout Christianity more than once. It was really nice to see the Chinese mainland hold three religions inside; Confucianism, Taoism and Christianity. Most European powers became Buddhist as a result after that.

It's not unheard of that Gordion would find Christianity. I've witnessed it more than once, I'm sure others have too.

Once, on my try for the Indian UHV on Monarch, something funny happened. I know I have to research Mono before everything else, so I head that direction. But, to my surprise, before I even had founded Judaism, I here the Hindu founding music. I go into worldbuilder and look around. No, it's not the Chinese or the Egyptians. Not even the Babylonians or Israelites. The city of As Sur beat me to Hinduism! :crazyeye:

that's pretty common actually...
btw, As Sur is a wrong name, Assur is another city that one should be simply Sur.

Assur is the Assyrian city, yes (also called Ashur), but As-Sur is the Arabic name for Tyre.

Top Bottom