Barbarians have more advanced units than player

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
I'm in a random map game and barbarians are able to have destroyers. However, I still have ironclads. How do barbarians manage to get better ships than me?

Some other player or AI in the game has more advanced technology than you. Barbarians get units equal to the highest tech level reached by any civilization in the game. There are limits, though: Barbarians can't get resource-using units, so no barbarian GDRs or nukes.

Some other player or AI in the game has more advanced technology than you. Barbarians get units equal to the highest tech level reached by any civilization in the game. There are limits, though: Barbarians can't get resource-using units, so no barbarian GDRs or nukes.

Umm... So explain barbarian swordsmen and horsemen then?

they should be renamed terrorists in the modern era too. they should be able to covertly nuke cities like in civ 2

It would be nice if barbarians get X-Com Units and they shall be called...EXALT.

Out of curiosity, what is the most modern unit a barbarian can get? Infantry?

It would be nice if barbarians get X-Com Units and they shall be called...EXALT.

Out of curiosity, what is the most modern unit a barbarian can get? Infantry?

I have seen barbarians with tanks, it was very late game. Those units were spawned because of revolutionary waves so Idk if normal barbarian rules apply to them.

Barbarians are the most sophisticated AI in the game.

They don't talk to you, threaten you or belittle you, they just want to kill you. In the early game on harder levels with lots of lands open, they are just a little painful but remove a couple of AI's and there will plenty of lands for them to spawn.

As said, barbs get the stuff the normal AI's get without even researching, lazy buggers!

So for you to get the achievement, where barbs sack your city, play along and find some icy area with 2-3 barbcamps, let them spawn 6-7 units and you plop down a defenseless city in the middle of their ice-territory. Is quite fun actually! :)

All these barbarian infantry and tanks...
It would be nice if barbarian ceased to spawn at some point, let's say Renaissance, and instead of them we could get religious zealots (spawn in fog of war influenced by a religion), rebels (spawn because of low happiness), pirates (coastal bases, 1/2 time for spawning ships) and revolutionaries (spawn as a result of revolutionary wave). All such faction could spawn several units at once and be a real threat like in Civ 1. On deity in Civ 1 rebels often had bigger army than my own, even if they were a little behind in tech.

Top Bottom