1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarossa II - eastern front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by general-jcl, Aug 18, 2007.

1. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

Germany marked a good point this turn:Brest-Litovsk is hard to take because there's a fortress in the city

In reality the citadel held until July 8 after more than 2 weeks of engagements.
    If you understand french, you can read here this history:
    http://wars.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Wars.War.WW2.Barbarossa/Brest-Litovsk

The battle of Lvov will be terrific too.
    And what is it occurred of the German forces unloaded in the Crimea near Eupatoria?

2. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

Began at the end of my turn, moving a few stacks of my “city fillers” = infantry, lesser artillery and AA, back away from the border. Then saved and then hit the dreaded RETURN key on the keyboard. Stalin had awoken from his slumber and spent the next 80 minutes moving everything but the kitchen sink.

The first 15 minutes of the Soviet counterattack was Russian Air power. The AI did not do well.

For some reason he chose to not bomb my invading armies much, each did have 3-5 AA pieces in it, and when he did I downed every other plane. He did go after my navy in the north and wounded 4 or 6 of my surface ships, while losing 3-4 planes. But most of the air effort was aimed against a few of my cities.

This was possibly the best outcome for me, as each of the cities had 3 or more fighters on air supremacy as well as each having a 88mm Flak. I had a broad smile as the AI finished his air attack. By my estimates, there was about 100-115 sorties with almost 45-50% being shot down. That’s a lot of planes lost. Talk about a nice butt whipping.

The AI moved a few infantry and motorized units into the cities I was about to attack, but not much.

The real surprise came when a one by one trickle of units moved across my border just outside of kRACOVICE. I sat there (watching American football) and it seemed like an hour went by. One unit after another marched over the border, everything from the 8att7def3mvt types to their big boys KV2 and T3476s But they all came in south of the city, in forest, which meant they ended the turn on a defensible terrain, but not within immediate striking distance of the city? Meanwhile the one road I wasn’t using to go west towards Minsk, suddenly became infantry central. The Soviets sent through 3 stacks of infantry and any other movement of one unit towards Danzig and Konigsberg. The only joy of this was that not only was he three more turns from being able to attack my city but in the very next turn I could take the soviet border cities. This would cut his movement to one, all the while caught on german soil, under my bombers.

I waited and waited while the tanks kept pouring over the border and started to realize that even if I pulled back an army or two back and used all the reserves I still wouldn’t stem the tide. Thank God I saved my bombers and a bit of a reserve for this.

My reserve was about 80 units (Mostly infantry) and about 25 leopold and dora artillery pieces. The Panthers would come about 6-7 a turn from my cities. However with stacks as big as these I could only hope to wound a few and slowly work the stack down, as the injured units might withdraw east?

In my turn I did some quick math; The northern Infantry invasion by the Soviets was composed of:

30 div des legeres 6att11def1mov
    50 millitrailleurs (machine gun) 4att,13def,1mov
    15-20 T-28 11att10def1movt
    25-35 fusiliers 42-43 12att13def1movt

Not a lot of striking power, and next turn they’d be stuck behind enemy lines. A bit of a curious move by the AI, while it would mean I would have to turn back an army to deal with them (once they “de-stacked” a bit), they weren’t of too much concern because only the fusiliers had good attack values. But a good delaying tactic maybe.

In the south, it was a different story, because the 5 stacks were huge, (you know the kind where you can’t see anything/scroll down after the first 35-40 units), these are estimates from that turn and the next:

Blindees and BT-7s, either 9att8def3movt or 8att7def3movt = 40 or so
    Motorized Inf 13att10def2movt = 40 or so
    KV-2 6att(15bombard) 18def, 2movt = 10
    SU-76 = 7att13def.2movt = 15
    T-26 = 40
    T34/76 = 16att14def2movt = 45-55
    KV1 = 20
    T-50 (?) 10att15def2mvt = 40

Along with these almost 300+ armor pieces, they had about 25 div des legeres 6att11def1movt and over 100 fusikliers 12att13def1movt.

Now there was no way I could stop these stacks, I could only bomb or use my movement of two artillery to wound them and put as many units as possible in the cities to exact a large price. I may have wounded 50-60 units this way, they but they still had 400+ in the south alone. (Love the dora or Leopold with the movement of two!)

I took the eight nearest cities and then two more effectively cutting off the soviet attack. The Soviet cities varied in defense but most had 1-2 bunkers, 2 artillery and 3-5 units (either inf or anti-tank). I had taken a line in the south from Lvov to Nikolaev and from riga down near minsk. I took or razed the three cities closest to Konigsberg.

I dug in my attacking units in the new cities and had to wait to see what the invading stacks of soviets were going to do. They only had their 40 or so recon units (with movement of three) that could strike this turn.

3. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

You awoke the sleeping bear in the south, Hammerwise :)

The Soviet road roller was started now.
    I hope that you will be able to dam up the red vague. Good luck! :goodjob:

AI cannot use its aviation correctly.
    It bombards too much cities with the detriment of the roads and stacks

4. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

Turn 26 Week of 6/29/41

Previous bitter fighting across the front forced both sides to regroup this week. The Kriegsmarine claimed the destruction of a soviet submarine operating in northern waters. One of their own flotillas was taken under fire and sunk. Leipaja was under fire from several German capital ships, severely depleting two defending units. The bombardment was followed by a marine assault that killed one of the defenders. The Russian navy also lost two ships attacking a Finnish pre-dreadnaught north of Leningrad. One Russian unit by Eurpatoria was eliminated and a worker recaptured. Roads along the front continue to be a main target of the Luftwaffe, that was reported to have lost about 4 bombers. A pair of Russian interceptor units were identified as being destroyed. The Red Air Force has deliberately limited the use of bomber aircraft in order to conserve its resources.

Il Duce’s Italian command car was foolishly milling about the soviet sector of Bialystok. It was destroyed. No word of who was in the car, but authorities in Rome insist Mussolini is alive and in good health. Hitler’s so-called crusade against Bolshevism is showing clear signs of losing popular appeal. Bulgaria’s defection from the Axis was confirmed, and their subsequent declaration of war against Germany is seen as the first step in the inevitable revolution to overthrow the fascist imperialists.

On July 3, Comrade Stalin addressed the Soviet people in a radio address, stating that all useful materials must be evacuated to the rear. He also stated that the Hitlerite army was no more invincible than Napoleon’s, and that all efforts must be made to put the country on a full war footing.

Turn 27 Week of 7/6/41

The battle for Liepaja was concluded after another round of shore bombardment and marine assault eliminated the last lone defending Russian unit. The Kriegsmarine was not allowed to go unscathed, as 5 ships were lost to the glorious Red Navy in northern and southern sea battles. A damaged Russian submarine was sunk by an unidentified German vessel in the north. At Kaunas, a pair of worker units were liquidated by a Russian raiding party, as well as a scout car and bison artillery unit.

In the south, at Lvov, Soviet defenders fully intended that their stalwart infantry would wreck the initial German attacks aimed at the city, after which their tanks would go over onto the offensive and drive the enemy back into Germany. But they were simply incapable of withstanding the weight of 4 motorized infantry armies backed by overwhelming artillery fire. Once the fascist armies eliminated the primary infantry defenders, the single motorized infantry divisions were able to take out the unsupported tank formations and associated support units. Along with the loss of the city, it was admittedly the greatest single loss of Red Army units since the start of the war. German troops continued their attack to the adjacent city of Tarnopol. Although this city fell too, it inflicted major casualties on the Germans, since they did not have armies to absorb the initial defensive fires. The Luftwaffe continues to bomb roads along the border, but has been seeing a steady decline in the number of serviceable aircraft as their own losses mount from defiant anti-aircraft fire and valorous performance of our fighter pilots.

Action by the Balkan partners of fascist Germany are haphazard, clumsy, and without apparent purpose. The Rumanians and Hungarians move to the east, but they do not attempt to take our cities by direct assault. It is as if they intend to attack some lightly defended town in the Urals. In the north, the opportunist Mannerheim sent some weak infantry forces supported by light tanks to attack Viipuri, but were rebuffed by our deeply entrenched infantry and artillery.

In the center, yet another German force prepares to assault its objective. The Battle of Semionovka looms.

5. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

6. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

Without the help of the Romanian, Hungarian and Italian, Germany will find it very difficult to make further progress in Soviet territory now.

At least that's what I think...

Just an information:
    - i have started new scenarios for this game and a new giga-map is already drawn

- i still need to work on the order of battle for all this projects

7. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

Turn 28 Week of 7/13/41

Semionovka was taken by German motorized forces with only minor losses. A later counterattack by Russian tank forces was beaten off by the Germans who now held the town. Three Red Army units conducting search and destroy missions at Kuanas were lost. German naval bombardment took place on an island where several Russian ships were anchored. No vessels were confirmed sunk, which reinforced the notion that the German navy was no more invincible than their army. One Russian unit was killed in Mozyr. German air attacks continue to target the Russian road network, but 5 additional bomber formations were brought down by determined Soviet defenses

At Tarnopol, a German advanced scouting party west of the town was destroyed. Since the Germans took time to reinforce their positions after sustaining heavy losses, the Red Army prepares for a breakout attempt by its foe. It is especially evident that the Nazis are employing large gangs of workers to expand their rail network. (We are playing with the solo .bic file because Spartaca was having issues with the PBEM one).

Turn 29 Week of 7/20/41

Germany captured the lightly defended towns of Mozyr, Vilna, Polotsk, and Grodno this week. Borisov was also held briefly by the Germans until a ferocious counterattack drove out the weak defenders. These were mostly reconnaissance units. Some skirmishing took place at Raseinai which continues to be a contested area. A group of Russian tanks re-deploying to Minsk was unfortunately lost due to an inability to reach the confines of the city. An analysis of these latest German gains clearly show that their industry is focused on building large quantities of motorized infantry, in addition to workers. Communication with a Red Navy submarine was lost near Perekop and 2 defenders in that city were killed. A few more roads were attacked by fascist aircraft and Germany added two more bomber units to their ever-growing casualty list.

8. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

Turn 30 Week of 7/27/41

Germany captured Vinnitsa-Zhitomir and Chernovsky in the South and the island of Oesel. A few stray Russian troops in German occupied territory were killed. Russian attacks destroyed two wounded infantry units near Borisov. The Soviet ship Marat was sunk by a sub in northern waters.

Turn 31 Week of 8/3/41

Velikiye was captured and its 2 defenders were killed. Witebsk was captured and was only lightly defended. Gomel-Novozybkov was captured after a tough fight using one army in the attack. Mourmansk was attacked but not captured. Both sides suffered about equal losses. German artillery bombardment was ineffective. It will likely fall next turn as it doesn’t look like there are many troops left. The Kriegsmarine bombarded the island of Dago weakening most of the ships in it. In the bombing of roads the Luftwaffe shot down 3 interceptors without losses.

Turn 32 Week of 8/10/41

Mourmansk was captured (it was down to 2 defending units). Umam, Sumy, Bialystok, Cherigov and Rogatcheve were also captured in another blitz by German units. Borisov was attacked and 2 or 3 defenders killed. The attack was halted after losses of 5 or 6 attackers. The island of Dago was bombarded again weakening the ships there. Five bombers were downed by Soviet defenses.

In the west, Narvik was captured by British commandos.

9. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

What a german rush !

Fortunatly ussr is vast

10. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

Well I'm calling an end to this one anyway. I don't think the solo version works well in multiplayer, the fast railing gives the German too much of an advantage.

And what's up with requiring aluminum to be connected before you can build T-34s? Those tanks were on the map to start with. Did the roads to the aluminum just vanish in the first week? To me, there's a lot of things positive with the scenario, but you got away from a couple basics here. You shouldn't need to discover technologies or connect resources for units which are already on the map. What is the purpose of having to learn artillery or machine guns? We're talking about World War I type-equipment here.

It's interesting that the German motorized infantry is the most powerful buildable unit in the game at the start. Sort of makes building panzers a second thought in the early game. And the panzers were really central to the invasion, not motorized infantry. If you would need a tech for units that already exist, I'd add that one to the list.

The Soviet SB-2 bombers are a nice addition to the game. After about 6 were shot down, I scrapped the rest for shields. 3 bombardment factor is next to nothing, but they do help accelerate rifle production.

The fighters planes are fine. I like the wonders. The navy makes for some interesting amphibious stuff. A lot of the sound effects were a nice addition too. The tanks which are presumably Siberian reinforcements contain no T-34s, unlike the Sarevok/Rocoteh scenario. I think there may have been some historically, but the Japanese Neutrality wonder addresses that.

One final note, I was doing a solo as the Germans before this PBEM and pretty much had the same results. Although the Soviet forces are huge, they are weak enough so that you can get enough leaders and subsequent armies to roll on with the Germans as long as you don't leave edible stacks for the AI. That was the one thing I did at the start with the counterattacks although it consumed a large part of the tank force which was pretty similar historically.

I think the German allies thing needs work. Bulgaria shouldn't be a loose cannon on deck. This should be a locked alliance against the Soviets, although I guess if you want to try and win a diplo victory as Bulgaria, have at it.

11. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

The problem of solo version is that it actually helps to build too many railroad tracks. But you can conclude an agreement with your opponent human player not to make further tracks compared to the existing ones (authorized repairs only)

And what's up with requiring aluminum to be connected before you can build T-34s?....You shouldn't need to discover technologies or connect resources for units which are already on the map.
    The motor of the t34s was partly in aluminum which gives good mobility to this tank. But the t-34 who are on the map at the beginning of the game are t-34 Model 39, the first models released of T-34s. They have lower performance than T-34s released in 1940 and don't need aluminium. As you can see, there are several units of T-34 in the game because it has greatly evolved between 1939 and 1944. All of this, is clearly describe (i hope) in the civilopedia but you have to understand french... for now

What is the purpose of having to learn artillery or machine guns? We're talking about World War I type-equipment here. Not exactly. The purpose of this technology is to train independent reserve battalions equipped with heavy machine guns (for example, the famous maxim Soviet or German MG-42 ). This organization at corps level generally and this equipment are unique to the period...
    And throughout the conflict the warring parties have perfected their artillery. Although some technologies were known at the outset of the war or even before, sometimes I chose to put a technology for simple reasons of gameplay. For example, the German siege artillery (giants howitzers Karl and Dora) were built in 1940 with a view to destroying the French Maginot line, but it was actually used in 1942 during the siege of Sebastopol. So you have to find a technology in 1942 to build (and use) them.

The Soviet SB-2 bombers are a nice addition to the game. After about 6 were shot down, I scrapped the rest for shields. 3 bombardment factor is next to nothing, but they do help accelerate rifle production. The fighters planes are fine.... Many soviet bombers and fighters are obsolete at the start of the game. It's historic. i used the following ratio : 1 unit for 50 planes and i used the book "The soviet order of battle" by Craig Crofoot which gives an exact description of the planes used in the VVS
    So the deployment for air units is conform to this book and i hope historically accurate. SB2 is quite useless against stacks of units but you can get good results by bombarding the resources and roads of the enemy because its range is correct

The tanks which are presumably Siberian reinforcements contain no T-34s, unlike the Sarevok/Rocoteh scenario. I think there may have been some historically, but the Japanese Neutrality wonder addresses that.
    The bulk of the forces of the Soviet counterattack dec1941-january1942 consisted of infantry:in fact tanks could not run because of extreme weather conditions. The name Siberian commonly used is a bit unfair. Many rifle divisions were formed during july-sept 41. And many of them have no time to be trained and equiped ...so when german advanced in Ukrainia and Bielorussia many unprepared divisions were evacuated to the east (in the Volga Military District, in Northern Caucase and in Urals). Thoses rifle division were fully equiped in dec41 - jan 42 and formed the bulk of the soviet winter offensive
    Working tanks were rare at this time and the mobil forces were cavalry and skiers!

...of the tank force which was pretty similar historically. For the soviet order of battle i used the 12 books of Charles Sharp "Soviet Order of Battle of World war II". OOB is very well described and i used the ratio 1 unit for 50 tanks. Soviet mechanized corps contains their historical equipment (T-34, Bt7, ...) as far as western people know.

I think the German allies thing needs work. Bulgaria shouldn't be a loose cannon on deck. This should be a locked alliance against the Soviets, although I guess if you want to try and win a diplo victory as Bulgaria, have at it. Historically Bulgaria didn't declare war to USSR. King Boris was an
    astute diplomat. He managed to intervene in the Balkans against Greece for territorial compensation, but then he does not involved Bulgaria in the "crusade against Bolshevism". Bulgaria stay neutral until dec 1941 when Hitler forced Boris to declare war against the Western Powers (USA-England)
    That's why i have not added this country in the locked alliance with Germany

12. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

A core problem with the rail is that it's not following the worker settings in the editor file. It doesn't take 10 turns to rail a tile, in the game it takes 3.

And although you may be trying to show Boris as the astute diplomat, in this scenario, with the AI in charge, he is anything but. ;)

13. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

Yes you're right:AI is stupid i know, but i can't do anything about that... :sad:

14. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

As I had captured the cities behind them, the 4-5 stacks of 400 or so units in the south turned back east. The 50-60 units I injured with my bombers and artillery separated from the other stacks, and now this “wounded whale” is trying to make it back to soviet territory. The other 4 stacks became 3 humongous stacks and turned south. I brought all my doras, leopolds and other movement of two artillery and sniped the wounded 50-60 units. They will be easy prey for another 3 turns (it’ll take them that long to get close to soviet territory), or so until my current wounded armor is healed and can easily knock them off.

The infantry in the north, about 100 units separated as they approached Konigsberg and Danzig into four stacks. I used my air force to destroy the roads north and east of Riga, effectively disabling any counterattack from the north. I fortified Riga with about 7 infantry and 3 artillery and moved my “Riga army” of 50 or so motorized infantry (15,12,2) and PanzIIIs south. I immediately destroyed 2 of these smaller stacks of fusiliers and millitratuers and moved my wounded back into Konigsberg and Riga to rest and recover. The remaining two soviet infantry stacks (60 or so units) will hit Danzig next turn. But Danzig has about 35 infantry and 7 artillery and the attackers are the defensive div des legeres 6att,11def1mvt and millitralleurs 4att,12def,1mvt mostly. So not too many worries there.

My defensive line in the north is set, and my two central armies are capturing all the cities on the way to Minsk and the rivers. My third central army, upon little damage suffered and little opposition has split into two to advance straight east of Lublin and cut out the central soviet territory. I should have the Riga down to Kiev crescent in four turns or so, with only the woods and the marsh slowing me in the center.

In the south I am two turns from taking Kiev and am taking the “river cities” to the south, so soon will have all my initial objectives. Very successful so far, although only a small chunk of the USSR has been lost. If they weren’t an AI, this game would be over by now.

The air war is seemingly over. After the huge losses in the first two turns when the Soviets went after my protected cities, they either have no bombers left or have given up on any sorties. Most of the cities I have taken so far possessed 2-3 fighters and 1-2 obsolete or injured bombers each, so I think their air “striking” power is waning a bit. The AI has seemingly spent all this time building bunkers and its air force. Now the bunkers generally take a few artillery pieces bombarding and then I average about 2 armor units lost for every bunker. But in the end, the AI could have built 7-8 fusiliers 12artt13def1mvt or 2-3 T34s for every bunker.

What to do about the roaming soviet army? As soon as my “attackers” have healed and I have heavily fortified my new line of defense, I’ll have to turn a few armies turn back west to face the soviet armor wandering in the rear. They are currently two turns away from any german held city, which buys me time. They have yet to close on a city or any meaningful units.

I am not too worried, because every turn I am building 6-7 panthers, 3-4 offensive flavour units and 3-4 doras or Leopold artillery pieces. While I sustained losses taking the initial city objectives by far not excessive. Most of my armies that were 50 units strong, as still at about 40 units strong, (although some of those 40 are injured and left behind in cities to recover).

Two armies of about 50 Motorized infantry (15,12,2) and Panzer IVFs (16.14.2) and about 20 leopolds each will turn west to pick off the smaller stacks the soviets are breaking into. Then from the west I will bring the “fresh out of the factories” 50 units (panthers mostly) and 15-20 leopolds and doras. Together they will gradually bring down the almost 400 soviet units wandering just south east of Lublin.

In a couple turns I will meet and secure my objectives and have a force strong enough to destroy the massive Russian armies caught behind the lines near Lublin.

I may secure my lines and wait a bit and build up the roads (some of which the Russian railroaded already) and build up for the launch on Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad. So far its been a bit fraught with the sheer numbers thrown at me (well they were actually thrown a bit into a void as they have caused no damage or gone for any of my cities, they are wandering south east= maybe to get back to their lines?), but my armies have advanced quite steadily and without major losses. (The biggest problem i HAD came when I lost 3 motorized infantry, 3 panzer IIIs, and 1 panzer IVF to take out 2 bunkers just east of Odessa, but it was more of a mirage .)

15. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

Hammerwise, do you think that the AI can still counterattack?
    The AI strategy, which is to always build units with the greatest defensive potential without taking into account the building cost, is bad. In this case, AI focuses on the bunkers and seems to waste a lot of time in their construction instead of producing more units.
    In civ games, quantity always prevails over quality! :sad:

Can you post here some pics of your progression in soviet territory?
    It would be easier to understand the situation for readers who don't have the game.

I'm currently working on a new map and additionnal scenarios. You can find some previews here:

http://www.civfr.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11468&st=270&#entry380593

(I hope you don't have to register to see)

16. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion

I just had a view on the new map and it looks interesting. You don´t have to register to see the screenes. :)

17. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

Thank you Civinator. I've done 1/3 of the map for now.

18. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

Hi General,

I would suggest that AI/player can not build bunkers for the reasons you point out.

If the AI had built 3 infantry and 1 T34 instead of a bunker it would be trickier than one bunker.

Also maybe the soviets should begin with more workers to enable them to build up their cities/railroads.

As I had "modded" the mod by releasing germany from any alliance and giving the soviets two yrs of peace, I will restart soon with original settings.

As far as my game:

Bit of a disappointment to give the soviet AI almost two years to build up his defenses, and what do you find in his biggest cities?: 2 bunkers, 2-3 inf and maybe an artillery piece or two. A bit too easy when a stack of 30+ panzers sit on the doorstep.

My game seems to have slowed, I have discontinued the offensive at the river line and while there is a great deal of country left to take, the AI seems unwilling/unable to engage or defend. I have lost less than 10% of my entire air force and attacking army, but not one of my cities has been attacked on land and the Soviet air force has disappeared. It appears through inactivity that the soviets has lost all of their attacking ability.

The soviets sent about 100-150 mainly infantry towards konigsberg, but they were eliminated with little loss. The 500+ units, Mainly armor, that appeared south of lublin, took about 6-7 turns of artillery and bombardment before my armor was able to whittle it down. It never attacked a city and as the injuries stacked up from my "sniping" they turned east to slowly make their way out of german territory.

Once the strongest soviet units were injured, my armor could attack and then withdraw to a city to heal, whereas the soviets had to continue their retreat.

Other than a few soviet units which wander into my territory, they have been largely invisible.

All the while I was building dora and leopold artillery and panther D's galore.

I am feeling that the rest of the game is a very long trek from city to city with little hope of an opponent. Taking territory for the sake of it.

19. general-jcl

general-jcl Chieftain

I do not have enough tested the solo mode and your experience thus particularly interests me.
    Indeed, it is the kind of problem that can only be found when not playing pbem game.
    I will prepare a new biq to try to accommodate your remarks.
    I think that I will delay or even prohibit the production of bunkers for big nations (USSR and Germany)
    Thank you for your report

20. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

still love the scenario...

any fan of historical gaming would "dig it"

I am unsure of the "auto-build" wonders for the USSR. I am assuming they crank out units very quickly. Which I think they should. I think the USSR has to get some massive amount of units at some point in the game or else the AI just gets overwhelmed by Germany.

I will be re-starting soon, and will post screen shots.