Barbarossa II - eastern front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by general-jcl, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Spartaca

Spartaca King

2. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

still havinmg issues with this aol broadband!!!! Took them almost a month to send the wireless router and I can only get it to work intermittently, (even in the same rioom as the router!).

Love to play (and taking germany is a bit of a gift at that) but can only post/read at work still

3. Spartaca

Spartaca King

You just have to be able to send and receive an email attachment every couple days. Can you do this from home or at work?

You can message me if you like. You are not set up to receive emails or messages on this site.

4. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

Will get AOL sorted tomorrow and get back to you Spartaca!!

I have about 55 DORAs to loosen them up (wound them) and then 45 PanzIVfs and another 40 tank units/60 infantry to kill them but I've got two stacks to go for.

145 Soviet Fusiliers all wounded at 2 HP or less and 1 turn away from leaving german soil, although reachable next turn

OR

65 T34/85s, who are only 1 mov't in my territory and can move out???????

If I use my armor against the stronger foe (the tanks) I may not have enough power next turn to kill the 145 infantry.

Also if I decide to go for the tanks, they may move another big stack of tanks in next turn.

5. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

BLOOD BATH CONTINUES.....

about 150 to 200 soviet units lost every turn, whereas I lose about 10-15.

Have secured the crimea and am taking the last few cities on the north-south river line. Leningrad has fallen. Finns have secured peace with soviets after taking ONE city.

I may have to deal with them as they move tons of infantry all about my territory.

The soviets continue to move 5-6 stacks of 20-40 units into my new territory everyturn, as soon as I finish my "river line defense" and take the last three cities (I'll probably raze Bryansk to create living space), then I will sue for peace and allow the soviets to build up again. At this point I could be at moscow in 3-4 turns, but am only just getting Panther Ds.

Soviets still have a lot of bombers, but they get poor results. They build units like mad, so a bit of peace will allow them to really build up again.

6. general-jcl

general-jcl King

Great report Hammerwise.
    I'm staying connected

7. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

Continue to pound them back, but more come. Only Bryansk is left for me (I may raze it for living space) and creates a bit of a barrier between the soviets and myself.

COntinue to knock off 150 mor so soviet units a turn: they love their machine gun units, fusiliers and I think they're anti tank units (10att15def2mov't)? But not nearly a match for me. As soon as I take bryansk and fight off their next invasions into my territory I'll sue for peace. I really want to make it through more of the tech tree and I'm only 8000 pts or so from victory (I think its set to 59000?)

Although taking away the ability of building bunkers has made a huge difference in this game, last time the soviets spent all their time building them, as opposed to churning out many units.

If I can come to a peace with the soviets I'll move against Finland, they only took two soviet cities and then just moved units around. They came to a seperate peace and since then have just bottlenecked up the city of Leningrad.

Not a fair fight and might push me to the victory points by conquering them.

Having fun all the same.

8. Spartaca

Spartaca King

Did you ever get your AOL sorted out Hammerwise?

9. general-jcl

general-jcl King

New scenario (Destruction of the Soviet army:1 August 1941) is done!
    Gameplay tests are underway
    ...and a new patch for the mod will be soon available here

10. general-jcl

general-jcl King

Patch nr1 for this mod is done including some new graphics and units, new map and 5 new scenarios for solo and pbem games.
    Look at the first message of this topic

11. The Loser

The Loser King

downloading....

12. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

General,

downloaded today, will have to see if I can download to home computer (from magic stick)

Are scenarios all pbem? is there a way to make them solo play?

(Still awaiting BT phone man to fix my phone so broadband gets back on at home!!!)

Started a new game playing soviets, lots of defense (very little offensive units at start), but very quickly surrendered a bit of ground for 5-6 turns and then germans overextended themselves. Within 4 turns I had my territory back and could have taken konigsberg and lublin next turn.

Have given up and will give new scenarios a look tonight

13. general-jcl

general-jcl King

Are scenarios all pbem? is there a way to make them solo play?
    No there's scenarios for pbem (2) and scenarios to play alone (3)

Pbem:
    - Barbarossa Campaign with a new map 1941-1945
    - Destruction of the soviet army - august 1941

Solo:
    - Barbarossa Campaign with a new map 1941-1945
    - Destruction of the soviet army - august 1941 (soviet side)
    - Destruction of the soviet army - august 1941 (axis side)

14. Tobert

Tobert Chieftain

Hey general!

I´ve downloaded your patch. I´m playing the solo version of "Barbarossa Campaign with a new map".
    There are a few neige units. can you explain me how to use them? there is a button with a "T" on it.
    I´ve read the civilopedia but my french is really bad! So i don´t know what to do with them only to airdrop them in front of the enemy...
    And there are a few new workers. The civilopedia says something about a resource which is invisible. can you also tell me something about this :D
    oh, just one more thing. on which difficulty we should play your mod?

15. general-jcl

general-jcl King

"neige" in french means "snow" in english. This is a special unit which simulate the difficulties to move during winter. There's also other unit of this kind called "rasputitsa" ("mud").
    You can move those unit in a city with an airport or on an airbase. Next turn you will be able to drop them (ideally on roads behind ennemy lines). They are invisible and can slow down ennemy moves. The "T" button doesn't work so it is useless but you can "re-base" neige units or rasputitsa units, in the same way as for aircrafts.

Hereafter the units which can terraform:
    -workers ("travailleurs" in french)
    -prisoners (some unit can make prisoner- "prisonniers" in french)
    -engineer ("génie" in french)
    -railroad engineer ("génie ferroviaire" in french - the only unit which can build railroads in pbem games)

There's only one resource called "introuvable" that you can't find on the map.
    Don't worry about them... I used them for some wonders and units that you can't build.

I'm currently playing a game at highest difficulty level ("marechal") and the game is very hard!
    But you can use the default level which is interesting enough...

16. Tobert

Tobert Chieftain

Thanks for your fast reply!

The last time I played your mod on highest difficulty level was really hard! My troups made it to the doorstep of Moscow and then a tankrush came over me. Hundreds of t-34!
    You can guess that i´ve lost the war, although the AI is stupid, but the more tanks you have...
    Is there a way to do something about the sound of the german motorised Infantry? It is very loud! The same for the attacksound of the JU-87.

17. general-jcl

general-jcl King

I'm playing the german side too in the scenario of august 1941. There's some great tank battles and it's very difficult to advance deep in Russia. AI surprized me with an airdrop operation behind my lines! Partisans ambushed my artillery units... I'm not sure at all to win this game...

I will try to solve the problem with the sound of this 2 units in the next patch for the mod.

18. Tobert

Tobert Chieftain

Sounds like a lot of fun :lol:
    i will give it a try again when i´m at home again!
    Man, i like this mod!!!!!

19. Hammerwise

Hammerwise Chieftain

WOW, General, just WOW!!!!

I know you started the original scenario using Rocotech's map, but in all my time of playing scenarios I have nebver seen such a dramatic change with an update.

The map is amazing and really stresses the DISTANCES involved more so than the older map. Absolutely incredible!

ALthough I think the new map makes the norway theatre non-existant for the german player (too much distance to get involved), it is really the only criticism I can think of.

Absolutely incredible!!!!

Can you tell me of the new units?

AMAZING work and lots of time spent on it!!!

Thank you for hours of enjoyment!

20. general-jcl

general-jcl King

Thank you Hammerwise: i'm very happy you like this game.
    For information, you are roughly 200 to have downloaded this mod and it is very appreciated to have some appreciation sometimes.

For answering your remark, Norway is a delicate area for the Germans: it is not easy to send reinforcements and the distances are great. However, the German player can not ignore this region, as british commandos can perform dangerous raids on the coasts, and if the whole of the land fell into the hands of the enemy, the Northern Germany will be under the threat of bombers...

There are 5 or 6 new units, which is really little (this mod has already about 750 units). The main addition is the "Kampfgruppen" unit for German player.
    It is a small group of multi-combat weapons (so versatile: AA, artillery, ...) which simulates the ability of the Wehrmacht to organize ad-hoc formations during some crisis on the eastern front.