Barbarossa II - eastern front

Not exactly
In pbem version of the game workers can't make railroads but there's is an autoproduce unit for german and ussr that can make them:the railroad engineer.

Minor countries can also make railroad if they build a wonder. For that, they must have a city with national claims.

I've done this because too many railroads altered the gameplay. Moving all your units for one point to another on the map is not very realistic. With too many railroads the battlefield is to summarize at only one point instead of a global front.

There's other minor differences between the 2 versions of the game:
-there are many autoproduced units which do not exist in the solo version

We are currently playing a pbem between French players. For information some additional rules which we adopted before beginning the game:
- the killing of Hitler unit involve the immediate victory of the nations in war against germany
- the killing of Staline unit involve the immediate victory of the nations in war against ussr
- the killing of Mussolini forces Italy to remain allied of the soviet player until the end of the game
- USSR can't make diplomacy before the obtention of technology "Camarade Molotov"
- Sweden is neutral and thus its territory shouldn't be crossed by players (even steel colony in northern Sweden shouldn't be bombed)
- all autoproduce unit who have vocation to be dissolved, must be in a city distinct from that which produced it
- USSR can use conscription but only once in the game. The soviet player in that turn, must produce only one unit by city using conscription

I speak fluent French (main) and English (learned), so I could definitely help with the translation, though I don't have a lot of time right at the moment. This does look nice, though I yet can't download it because of registering issues *nudge nudge*

Great Beorn-el-Feared !!! Wellcomme here :goodjob:

Tell me when you can start and which part of the game you will translate
Thank you very much for your help

Super Beorn-el-Feared !!! Bienvenu ici
Dits moi lorsque tu penses pouvoir commencer la traduction et quelle partie du jeu tu souhaites faire.
Merci beaucoup pour ton aide

If you want a spoiler thread, M60, you're welcome on my board, over at CDZ.

I am playing the Soviets, Spartaca has Germany and the AI is playing the minor countries.

On turn 23, Germany started with the capture of Kaunas and Raseinei in the north. Vladmir-Volonsky was taken in the south. Large stacks moved into the immediate area around Brest-Litovsk. The Luftwaffe was active with ground support missions as well as destroying roads in several locations

There were two major engagements during the Soviet turn.

In the north, German stacks destroyed included

1. 2 StuGs and a Bison
2. Panzer 35t
3. Pioneer and 3 infantry divisions
4. 6 infantry and a security division
5. Gruppe Hoeppner of 2 motorized divisions. Also in the stack were 3 panzers, 3 MG-42 reserves, StuG, 2 infantry divisions, an ADA and scout car.

In the south, The German troops were bypassed, as a raiding party captured Tarnow, destroying 2 infantry divisions and a few assorted lesser units. Near Vladmir, Germany lost a couple panzers, another StuG and Slovak mobile brigade.

Turn 24 in the north saw the Germans bringing up reinforcements. Kovel was captured in the center. In the south, Germany recaptured Tarnow and took Sanok-Przemsyl. A German amphibious landing also took place on the Kerch peninsula. Air losses picked up on both sides as Germany overran an airfield near Lvov, destroying 5 defenders and 7 aircraft. Other Red Air Force fighter planes ripped into about a dozen Luftwaffe bombers for the cost of 3-4 fighters.

During the Soviet turn, in the north there were failed attempts to reclaim Raseinei and Kaunas. Kaunas was literally down to a 150mm artillery unit as the defender showing. In the south, Red Army counterattacks eliminated a large and small stack of units. There are still 2 substantial German stacks remaining that include corps groups.

Great report M60A3TTS with nice detailed screenshots :goodjob:

The key of this game will be the level of implication of the minor states in the south.
If Germany does not receive assistance, it will be very difficult to progress in this sector of the front. Don't know if AI has declared you the war but if not, Germany will weaken rather quickly.

My experiment during the tests of such games, showed me that it was better to make alliances in the following way:
-Germany+Hungary+Romania+Italia ---> player 1
-USSR ---> player 2
-Bulgaria:AI
-Finland:AI

Perhaps i'm too pessimist for Germany, but you will see well how this game evolves... Anyway I can give you a biq file if you wish to make a new game later according to this principle

We await the continuation impatiently

Mini report from the Germans (PBEM game against M60A3TTS)

Massive battles at start of game with heavy losses on both sides. Great fun!

Germany makes decent progress but its rate of advance should slow shortly given its need to replace its losses. Hitler has fired the general who split his troops into two forces by Lvov (of over 30 units each) allowing the Russians to completely wipe out one of the forces. Stalin sends seemingly limitless units in the defence of some cities such that it can take 50-100 units or more to conquer them. Germany has tried to disrupt the Russian road network in order to limit Stalin's ability to shift troops around the front.

When you look at the worldmap at the bottom left of the screenshot, you will get an idea of the depth of Russia. Even if it loses 10-20 cities it will barely make a dent. It is going to be a long war!

Hitler was furious to find that Germany is now at war with Bulgaria. The mutual protection pacts he had with some of the minor countries was intended to keep them at war with Russia, not to draw Germany into distracting petty side wars between its allies.

Please forgive me as the city names might be forgotten:

Just got the Panther D tech and once I set my cities to program build panthers galore and made sure I had reinforcements pouring out of the factories (takes about 1-3 turns for a Panther depending on the city), I commenced Barbarossa.

Almost two (game) years in the planning/waiting.

I advanced 5 armies in the south: each stack all being movement of two: having about 10 strong artillery (bombard of 14 or higher), 15-20 of my strongest attacking units (motorized infantry or panzer IvH or F2s), 3 or more AA units (including 2 AA 88s), and about 15 or so movement two lesser tanks/cavalry/etc… Basically anything with a movement of two got thrown into a stack.

So my armies became more like 50-60 or more units each instead of my planned 30-35. (A bit chicken on my side of the soviet response I guess.) Behind each army, all fortified and ready to occupy each city when they fell was a stack of 10-20 infantry, a few lesser artillery pieces and a few AA each.

Every city was a turn away and I could only move each stack to within immediate striking distance on the next turn, EXCEPT for Odessa, .

A bit of a surprise there, as there were 6 units fortified just north of Odessa (An intelligent stack of 3 strong infantry 6att11def, an artillery, an AA gun and a AT gun). I thought the soviet AI was playing smart and it was “game on” until my artillery bombarded. They had built two bunkers, had two infantry and one artillery piece (and 1 or 2 garrison troops). Considering this was the closest big city to their enemy I expected a bit more, especially when they had 6 good units just outside the city. It appears all the extra time I’ve given the Soviet AI, he has built 1-2 bunkers in every city.

While losing three units, the city fell and was quickly stocked with infantry, while the rest of my attacking army (less the 6-7 units that died or were injured) moved to the next southern city. All 3 cities fell quickly.

Next turn I would have 5 armies attacking 5 different cities in the south. Giving the Soviets a chance to possibly take out one army but not all four. I figure that each stack of 50 might take the soviets about 70-80 units to kill. And they probably have the resources to do it, but will they?

My largest army of about 75 units struck to the north, levelling the first city, held by 4 infantry, 2 garrison, and 5 (!) artillery pieces. That army finished the turn directly outside riga and the small city on the coast to its west.

I had four armies who moved straight east, two from Lublin, one from Konigsberg and one just south of Konigsberg. Nothing “hittable” in the first turn.

Turn two SHOULD start with 10 armies outside 10 cities. It took so long for me to move, trying to bulk up my attacking armies so much and second guess every move, that I ran out of time, so had to save and quit.

Here is an invasion very well planned and organized Hammerwise… :goodjob:
Will the history be repeated?
Does AI have the means of stopping all these armies?
I am afraid that not.
This is not 2 bunkers moreover per city which can stop such an attack…

Turn 25 saw the German War Machine regain its footing. Pinsk, Lutsk-Rovno, Brest-Litovsk, Sarny and Eurpatoria were taken. A frontal assault against Lvov was quickly called off as the German commander in the field saw immediate losses without result. The Soviets for their part were in need of recovery after their bloody assaults against the Germans in their fixed positions.

Top Bottom