Barbarossa II - Minsk

Hello boardinfailboat. I'm not sure what the others have saved in terms of screenshots, but I have a number for the Hungarian/Italian/Bulgarian alliance. If you have read through the thread, the USSR switched players mid-game, so eclipse4449 would only have the latter portions of the game.

We actually have been playing this over a year now, so I will roll back the clock to the start of the campaign.

Week 28, 1941, Hungary II Corps advanced to its first objective, Stanislav.

The original plan here was to surround several cities between the Hungarians, Italians and Rumanians.

Stanislav was taken, and the Hungarians moved east while the Italians headed southeast. During this early stage of the war, the Hungarian army was predominantly reliant on slow-moving infantry backed by artillery. The second objective was Kamenets-Podoslkiy.

During this battle, the former commander of the Royal Hungarian Ludovica Academy, Colonel Ferenc Farkas, now commanding the 8th Frontier Guards Brigade, won the day and recognition as a Hungarian Military Great Leader. He was subsequently promoted to general and assigned to comand a new formation, the Carpathian Motorized Corps. This organization, CMC for short, was organized as follows.

Miklos Toldi Motorized Division
Janos Hunyadi Motorized Division
Nikola Zrinski Motorized Division

This modest combat group was little noticed, as the headlines of the day were reserved for the great advance of the Wehrmacht into Soviet Russia, as well as the significant success by the Rumanian army to the south.

The battle plan for the southern forces was for Germany to eliminate Russian oil fields in the Caucasus, while the minor allies pushed on to capture the cities along the Dniepr River. Wehrmacht forces would capture Kiev, and the Axis allies would move in zone to the east. German forces did take Kiev, and gradually drove down the Dniepr, freeing cities along its banks. Some of those cities were then turned over to the Hungarians and Italians to administer the area and free the German troops up for use elsewhere.

As the Axis forces moved east beyond the Dniepr River, it was planned that Germany would capture Kharkov. The Hungarians would continue moving due east. Large German formations were also in the process of capturing Dnepropetrovsk, so they would head due north, freeing up the area for continuing the advance by the Hungarians and Italians.

The defenses in and around Kharkov were formidable. Initial German attacks failed to take the city. But the original mission to seize or damage the oilfields went very well. The Russian oil supply dried up, and the Soviet player general-jcl turned command over to eclipse4449. It was also around this time that Hitler offered peace to Stalin which was accepted.

So it was now up to the Axis minor allies to continue the crusade against the Bolcheviks. While Rumania pressed on to Stalingrad and the Urals, Hungary took Stalino, and proceeded northeast. Kharkov continued to be reinforced as more Soviet tanks and troops were sent to that front.

At this point, the Hungarian CMC disappeared for a time, while the slower infantry along with the Italians pressed against Kharkov with large Rumanian forces contributing to the effort. The Russians appeared to have no idea that a trap was being laid.

The fact that fast Hungarian units were at the outskirts of Serafimovich did not concern Stavka. They clearly felt their forces at Kharkov could deal with any threat in the area. Meanwhile, General Farkas turned the Carpathian Motorized Corps northwest towards Voronezh, through heavily wooded areas that were roaded that contained virtually no opposition.

Voronezh was taken by Hungarian forces while Rumania took Lipetsk to the north. Still, there was no sign that the southern Russian forces realized their growing predicament.

Operation Citadel came to its climax, as Kursk came under attack, and the Soviet forces in the Kharkov front were destroyed by Rumanian attacks. Kharkov then was taken by Hungarian and Italian forces.

With the stunning victory at Kursk and Kharkov, General Farkas was promoted to Field Marshal and given his next objective: Moscow. The Rumanians were also driving in the same direction, so traffic management was important to keep units from running into one another. Army Group Carpathia headed for Ryazan, just south of Moscow while the Rumanians headed for Orel, Bryansk and other cities to the northwest.

Eventually Rumanian and Hungarian forces converged on Moscow. Farkas took the Kremlin on week 28. The war was over... or so it was thought.

Rumania and Finland decided that it was time to turn on her former allies. Germany, Hungary, Italy and Bulgaria are now fighting the USSR, Rumania and Finland.

In the area of Tula, Germany has to date cleared out a number of cities to the west. Tula itself remains under siege by the Hungarian and Italian forces. Meanwhile, the USSR is bent on the re-capture of Moscow and is attacking in that area now.

GPS to Hasdrubal yesterday

Toula was captured after being softened up by the Hungarians and Italians.

Russia help out the Hungarians a bit by eliminating the stack of Russian troops that was laying siege to Moscow.

I´m missing "Art\Units\InfAnticharsAxe\AkRu.flc" can someone upload this file here so i can play the turn.

I don't see the file in my config. If you open the configuration settings file for InfAnticharsAxe, do you see the AkRu.flc file referenced? Mine shows it using various GPanzer flcs.

I found it in the jager folder, but it's an invalid file ext. Emailing it to you now.

In the jager folder? ty M60ATT3s, i should had though of that, very resourcefull mate, ty

GPS Romania&Finland

Captured Suceava in Romania and Narva in Baltic states after hard battles.

In the siege of Arzamas (12) T-34 limped away seriously Damage but without their help '41 Fusiliers Stormed the walls and retook their fallen city from Italy

The siege at Moscow had light fighting with few casualties on both sides

Top Bottom