1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Base Game and R&F patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CaptainUnknown, Feb 13, 2019.

1. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Tsikhe (unique Georgian walls) gets bonus to Tourism and Faith during Golden Eras.

Even with that buff, it won't be enough to lift Tamar from the scrappy heap (at least her near-perpetual Golden Ages are still the best thing about her).

blackcatatonic and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  2. Weraptor

Weraptor Prince

We will need to play Georgia to rate her properly. With the AI being not so hell-bent in conquering city-states, the double envoy bonus if she manages to found a religion could be quite powerful.

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  3. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Can anyone confirm that the Version is 1.0.0.290 (405094) ?

Also, when confirmed, would be good to add that to the OP and title.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That is what I have.

5. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Thanks!

OP, please update your OP :crazyeye:

6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Version history

7. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

Horses now aren't visible at start, you need animal Husbandry to reveal them. Didn't see this in the patch notes - or is it a GS-only thing?

8. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

I still don't understand one thing. Why Tsikhe is replacement for Ancient or at least Medieval Walls? It replacing Renaissance Walls doesn't even fit Georgian history, on top of how bad they are. From wiki:
    "Although this type of fortress existed during the time of Alexander the Great, the Georgians used them effectively through the 17th Century."
    I don't know what does it mean (they used them badly for 2000 years?) but as you can see there is even reason to make them Ancient. They'd be much stronger this way, anyway.
    Also, why isn't Tsikhe 50% cheaper?

Still not enough to not make Georgia by far the worst civ in game.

9. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

This was one of the first GS changes revealed. Most people here likely skimmed over it as old news.

GS only, I believe. The change to the oil well seems to be the only tech tree balance patch change.

10. Softly

Softly Warlord

I mean Georgia seems quite well suited to the Diplomatic Victory. Double envoys to city states means that you can get a lot of early suzerains for that diplomatic favor and the Protectorate Wars make emergencies easier if you can see them coming and declare the turn before.

The buff to the Tsikhe is nice in theory. They now give 6 tourism and 16 faith/turn during golden age protectorate wars, but in practice they might be even weaker then they were in R&F since there is no more chop overflow from walls. I honestly think that if they keep the GS changes but just make it a mid evil walls replacement then Georgia would be in a much better place.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  11. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

They could just make it so Georgia can purchase walls. That doesn't seem over the top at all, and they still probably wouldn't be that good, but at least you could use your building.

12. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

I'm looking forward to checking this. Maybe now it will finally be possible to deploy fighters from carriers and maybe you can now even build airstrips in an allied city state's territory.

13. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

I've done it many times and always considered an exploit. It was quite cheesy. If you want the tiles, you can keep the city.

14. Turrdy

Turrdy Prince

Aaah +1 range for machine guns. Nice. Now my tier 5 field cannons don't get useless all of a sudden!

OzzyKP and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  15. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

There is one thing that seems to avoid the eye of everyone: The Hall of Fame. Being one of the most requested features, receives so little attention. Looks quite cools, although no old games counted. Also, I was very surprised by the quality-of-life-unprovements to strategy view, which are not documented at all!

16. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

So after two years they finally nerfed barbarians.

17. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Maybe they want the Tsikhe graphic to be the "last" city wall graphic.

I think they should just have made it replace both the medieval and renaissance wall, unlocked when the medieval wall usually is (and as strong as both together obviously).

Alexadamz and acluewithout like this.
  18. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I don't know how easy it would be to have it replace both, but that would have made the most sense, and would actually almost make them usable.

19. Softly

Softly Warlord

Apparently you can load up old saves and play the last turn and it will show up in HOF. Havn't tested for myself though.

Anyone know when the GS patch notes come out?

20. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Those who wanted the Hall of Fame commented frequently and happily back when it was announced. It's a bit old news now, but others share your enthusiasm for it's return.

You might perhaps want to peruse some of the early game comments before drawing that conclusion. Some people are reporting higher than normal barbarian frequency in their games.

Naeshar likes this.