[R&F] Based on the new features - which civilizations and leaders should be introduced in R&F?

I would guess that there is something to that black Death Scene as well as to that extended ship scene. But what?

I'd like to see Kievan Rus. Let's be honest, Europe has had a ton of cool civilizations. It's nice to get good representation from across the world but the most important thing is to have civs that are interesting to play.

Absolutely. Most eastern Slavic people see the Kievan Rus' as their cultural ancestors.

Also, changing topics, with the Dutch seemingly confirmed now, I do hope for a different German leader and a new capital. Aachen is just too close to historical Dutch cities on a reasonably sized earth map. ...I know, I'm being biased, as most players probably don't think about earth maps.

Hello! I just wanted to left my opinion on which civs will appear in R&F.I think there will be 2 civs for Asia,2 for Europe,2 for Africa and 2 for America.At least that would’ve made sense for me.My list is:
Korea(Queen Seondeok) and Mongolia(Genghis Khan) for Asia
Netherlands(Queen Wilhelmina) and Georgia (Queen Tamar) for Europe
Ghana(I didn’t found information about its leaders.Can you help me?:lol:) and Carthage(Dido) for Africa
Inca(Wiraqucha)(He just seemed interesting to me.Maybe he will have some aggressive gameplay) and Canada (Wilfrid Laurier) for America
For the alternate leader,I expect to see Isabella the I for Spain based on exploration scenes in the trailer.

Hello! I just wanted to left my opinion on which civs will appear in R&F.I think there will be 2 civs for Asia,2 for Europe,2 for Africa and 2 for America.At least that would’ve made sense for me.My list is:
Korea(Queen Seondeok) and Mongolia(Genghis Khan) for Asia
Netherlands(Queen Wilhelmina) and Georgia (Queen Tamar) for Europe
Ghana(I didn’t found information about its leaders.Can you help me?:lol:) and Carthage(Dido) for Africa
Inca(Wiraqucha)(He just seemed interesting to me.Maybe he will have some aggressive gameplay) and Canada (Wilfrid Laurier) for America
For the alternate leader,I expect to see Isabella the I for Spain based on exploration scenes in the trailer.

By Ghana, do you mean the older empire of Ghana, the modern nation of Ghana, or the Ashanti?

By Ghana, do you mean the older empire of Ghana, the modern nation of Ghana, or the Ashanti?
Oh,I meant older empire of Ghana.But now I think Ashanti would make more sense.I just didn't know they were on the same territory.:lol:
Well,now I think my Africa picks should be changed: Ashanti(Yaa Asantewaa) and Numidia(Syphax or Masinissa)(Just looked it up,and it seems like good alternative to Karthage)

Oh,I meant older empire of Ghana.But now I think Ashanti would make more sense.I just didn't know they were on the same territory.:lol:
Well,now I think my Africa picks should be changed: Ashanti(Yaa Asantewaa) and Numidia(Syphax or Masinissa)(Just looked it up,and it seems like good alternative to Karthage)

The Ghana Empire and the Ashanti didn't have the same territory. The Ashanti were based in present-day nation of Ghana, which was named for the older Empire of Ghana, whose territory was located to the north in present day Mali and Mauritania.

I think Ghana Empire is a poor choice due to lack of information on their rulers. I'm expecting Mali Empire to return from Civ4.

Numidia would be interesting, but the leader would have to speak a modern Berber language instead of the ancient Numidian language.

The Ghana Empire and the Ashanti didn't have the same territory. The Ashanti were based in present-day nation of Ghana, which was named for the older Empire of Ghana, whose territory was located to the north in present day Mali and Mauritania.

I think Ghana Empire is a poor choice due to lack of information on their rulers. I'm expecting Mali Empire to return from Civ4.

Numidia would be interesting, but the leader would have to speak a modern Berber language instead of the ancient Numidian language.
Sorry for my ignorance. I'm really inattentive.

Speaking about Numidia,they did the same thing with Tomyris with her speaking Ossetian but not ancient Scythian.So I'd be okay with modern Berber.

Last edited:

I agree Mali/Songhai>Ghana, and most likely to happen, although even I am not convinced they'll include them in R&F. Ashanti would be interesting, or Benin (again, not the modern nation-state, but the historic group of people). If they wanted a good female leader from a fairly well-developed West African background, Amina of Hausaland would be a primo choice. Her ability could be an improvement or trait involving city walls/defense.

Sumeria and the Khmer did. That right there is the train I'm riding.

do you think Tamar could be a good choice for the female leader with golden/dark/heroic ages ability?

I think it's certainly possible, given she presided over medieval Georgia's Golden Age.

As I said numerous times earlier, date palms are being added to R&F, and devs are planning to add more female leaders from unrepresented areas.

Tamar means "date palm" in Hebrew.

yes i know :D
Tamar also means date palm in my language
but in this case it has more to do with the arab language that took from hebrew :queen:

do you think Tamar could be a good choice for the female leader with golden/dark/heroic ages ability?

As ironic as her inclusion would be given this board's history with her, yes, absolutely. I can't think of another option except for Ole Bessie of England.

As I said numerous times earlier, date palms are being added to R&F, and devs are planning to add more female leaders from unrepresented areas.

Tamar means "date palm" in Hebrew.

They could also be palm oil palms

Concerning that Mongols vs Georgians scene, it all makes sense. The Mongols did invade Georgia. :D

Top Bottom