1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle for the Human Body V. 3.0

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Lord Malbeth, May 7, 2006.

1. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

Hey, a few ideas I have: Make the organs separate civs, then each organ COULD, could have a few airbases, and you could have two bodies, one for things like heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, and limbs. The other 'body' is the digestive tract, and every organ has at least two airbases (relative to one another, 3d wise (you know, gall bladder is near the stomach, so on the liver/heart/kidneys side, you would have the civ, 'gall bladder', and they would control an airbase on the digestive tract side near the location relative to it's location on that side.))
    This way you could include every organ!

Also, I think that making the bacteria and parasites starting cities conected to the body (in such a way so as to only allow them in) is a good way to fix civ III's AI invasion, or should I say, ignorance of, the body.

good ideas?

2. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

I'm a little confused by the air-base idea, but I like the idea to make the civs start in the body, because, otherwise, they just ignore it completely!

3. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

Okay, wow. This mod was going strong, and now look where we've left it. And where has everyone gone; There are like 3 members on all of civ III forums!

Anyway, you said that you didn't understand the airbase idea. It's been awhile, but I'll try to recite from memory: Make 2 bodies on the map. One (Alpha) would have organs like lungs, liver, kidneys, heart, brain, etc. The other (Beta) would have the digestive tract and other, smaller organs (gall bladder, spleen, mouth, etc). Then place airbases at the relative locations on both bodies (eg: one airbase would be at the base of the brain, like at your sinuses (nose) on the Alpha, and another at the roof of the mouth, or a generaly similar location on Beta).

If that is still not making any sense, then the only way I can say it right is to make it and sent it to you in a .biq

4. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

New version uploaded AS WE SPEAK! Finally, after almost of year of waiting! Jeez!

And a big apology for the wait, but I hope you guys will be impressed with this new version!

5. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Thoughts...?

6. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

I didn't play the original but it still would be nice to know what has changed. :) You know, it gets the thought wheels going, gets people hooked.

7. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

I am downloading and moving to my civ comp as I speak!

Don't worry about the wait; for a time, I forgot this thread existed (Oh wait, that's a bad thing)

[update goes here:]

8. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

All the updates are in the readme.txt file that comes with the scenario. It's a pretty small DL for a lot of new changes that I can't remember!

9. Nwoll

Nwoll Prince

I've been waiting for the new version, and I certainly wasn't disappointed! The best thing is the new unit graphics - much better than the old version IMO. I haven't played through a full game yet, but so far everything looks and plays great! Well done, LM!

10. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

No problem. ;)

11. gannon

gannon Chieftain

hey i finally almost download battle for the human body it took 7 HOURSthats a while now i just have wait 24 more mintues so excited

12. gannon

gannon Chieftain

for you yes i took me 7 WHOOPING HOURS to download it at 0.something KB a secound

13. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Yikes, I'm guessing Dial-Up? If so, I remember those days... *shivers*

Glad you could get it though, and I hope you enjoy it!

14. caesarmd

caesarmd Chieftain

Congratulations on making a great mod! Everyone seems to have forgotten the great sci fi movie "Fantastic Voyage" which this mod reminds me so much of.

As a health care provider myself, I really appreciate this mod!

;)

15. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Ok, health care provider: let me pick your brain, then. I'm compiling textures and ideas for a graphic makeover of this mod, at Malbeth's suggestion, since we worked so well together on the Jurassic Park remake. I have alot of ideas, but would like to hear your suggestions: how would you make this look if it could look any way you'd like? In fact, I'd like to hear from anyone who has played this scenario and has a suggestion, no matter how wild it might be....

16. caesarmd

caesarmd Chieftain

As far as how the mod looks, I'm not sure I'd change it much. But I just downloaded it and have not playtested it much.

The age old question is playability vs graphics. Civ 4 has much better graphics, but its debatable whether it plays better. Civ 3 is a much more stable game with far fewer crashes.

I'll think on this a bit and then post later.

I still think of the images from "Fantastic Voyage". Perhaps there's some inspiration there. :scan:

17. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

The only terrain I'm really, really happy with is the lungs. Other then that, any other ideas would be much appreciated. The "Fantastic Voyage", believe it or not, inspired me to make this scenario way back when! It's a great movie! (Ironically enough, I didn't know the name of the movie until I started this thread/scenario!)

18. mariomanrulz

mariomanrulz Chieftain

You unzip it to the C:\\Program Files\infrogrames interative\civilazation 3\scenarios
    right?

19. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

C:\Program Files\infrogrames interative\civilazation 3\conquests\scenarios

That should be the correct search path...

20. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

DOUBLE POST! :D Alrighty, some new previews are up... Whatcha think?