Be brutal

derelict420

Chieftain
Critique my game for me so I can get better! And feel free to rip my play a new one

Attachments

• derelict420 AD-1851.CivBeyondSwordSave
    130.5 KB · Views: 31
Well, I just opened BTS and discovered I had posted the wrong save. Here's the one I wanted to critique, i guess the other one is an advanced start game

Attachments

• derelict420 AD-1790.CivBeyondSwordSave
    321.4 KB · Views: 42
I didn't take a close look, but I would say diplomacy needs some work. You have no friends, Gandhi and Wang Kon are cautious, Shaka is annoyed, and Mao is furious. I usually try to keep atleast two friends (triangle diplomacy-- have your two friends be friends with each other as well to avoid other negative modifiers). I would have adopted free religion upon discovering the other continent were mostly Hindu.

Also, have you not built the Moai Statues? Would make both Philadelphia and Alexandria both much better cities (if you were to build lighthouses in them... I'm not sure why you haven't already).

A. It looks like Mao is about to attack you. He is moving in with 4 galleons to a barely defended east coast. The city he is going to attack has one rifleman. yes he doesn't have rifling, but musketmen will beat a rifleman. He has 3 frigates to beat down your defenses. And his vassal shaka will prbably attack with 500000000 troops. true they will be impis and archers but there will be a lot of them. You have ten turns to reinforce your cities.
B. I would have consolidated the Great Merchants in one New york (your shrine city) rather than split them between Boston and Atlanta. Then built wall street there. why haven't you spread your religion more? With wall street and the three gold buildings each city is as much gpt as a merchant and you can instead run a scientist.
C. oxford in the capital is no bueno. It is a production beast. if you plan to keep up an SE then perhaps rome? It has 5 settled GP already and has more food available. With 3 clams and the cows you can run 6 scientists. Ghandi and Wang are running CE's and Ghandi has a boatload of towns. They are really going to pull away from you if you don't deal with them soon.
D. I realise you were in a war, but bite the bullet on anarchy and switch civics. Free speech to help with the diplomacy and give your science a boost. Plus, anarchy is great for waiting out the periods of revolt in your newly conquered cities.

Oh and E.....Ghandi is going for a cultural win. Delhi is cranking out about 400 per turn. and his 3rd city about 200 per turn. Just thought you might wanna know. Raze one of them at some point in the next 100 turns.

Top Bottom