Beating Deity exploit-free. Restriction gameplay

Can someone come up with a mod to deal with these "exploits" in a reasonable manner, without restricting strategy or fundamentally changing anything, but with balancing some numbers?

Why don't you play on normal speed?

In Civilization III there was no option to choose game speed. However the game was balanced out so that units wouldn`t obsolete before you even get to use them. This is not the case in Civilization IV and especially Civilization V. But on the bright side you can always choose Marathon speed. That`s why i don`t play on normal speed.

man, that's a lot of size one cities :O

Yeah, that`s ICS my style.

no colloseums?

Actually, i got a bunch of colloseums because I have no happy policies right now.

I think I`m taking a break for now. Maybe I`ll play more tomorrow.

In Civilization III there was no option to choose game speed. However the game was balanced out so that units wouldn`t obsolete before you even get to use them. This is not the case in Civilization IV and especially Civilization V. But on the bright side you can always choose Marathon speed. That`s why i don`t play on normal speed.

Marathon speed on Deity usually makes things easier. So, with restrictions your game became more difficult, but with marathon speed it became (probably) easier (at least if you are going to warring).
Also your settings as climate (and so on) are not standard. I don't know how all these things make difficulty of the game. But if you restrict yourself and choose comfortable condition, then this is not the same as win a restricted game with any standard (more or less) settings.

So, with restrictions your game became more difficult, but with marathon speed it became (probably) easier (at least if you are going to warring).

I got mixed feed about the speed settings(and i also hate units obsoleting so quick) so i decided to take it as a minor advantage because this would basically impact my game very little.

I am 550 turns into my Marathon game but i guess i could make a Standard game. But who knows when i`ll have the will or the time.

Also your settings as climate (and so on) are not standard. I don't know how all these things make difficulty of the game. But if you restrict yourself and choose comfortable condition, then this is not the same as win a restricted game with any standard (more or less) settings.

AI works the very same tiles that i do. Their units also get the same bonuses on hills and they can defend themselves better if their city is surrounded with mountains. Noone talked about climate and such being a comfortable condition for me but i guess i will play my standard speed game on standard climate settings.

Can someone come up with a mod to deal with these "exploits" in a reasonable manner, without restricting strategy or fundamentally changing anything, but with balancing some numbers?

definine reasonable. Does changing almost every number in the game count as a fundamental change? Because I think that's what needs to be done.

Add into the making it different for every person, as no one can agree on what balance changes are correct.

No. Most all mods are just attacking the symptom without knowing the cause. Even worse, they are prescribing solutions with many side effects, some worse than what they are trying to cure. They are looking at it too one-sided (from the player point-of-view) and not knowing how it would affect the AI except by its actions.

As far as agreeing what "balancing" needs to be done, read the Ahriman/Celevin thead and you will see that despite good intentions, it is very difficult to come up with something concrete.

definine reasonable. Does changing almost every number in the game count as a fundamental change? Because I think that's what needs to be done.

I'm actually doing just that, but it's taking a while. Luckily sql can do miracles with the right equations (albeit leaving production values and such with uneven numbers like 46 or something).

I would bump up the number of civs to 16 on a huge map. I play with 11 civs on a standard map and even that was too much room.

I still would recommend the Lakes map (with interior seas) over Pangaea. That way you get a similar terrain, except more of it and the AI doesn't have to rely on a navy at all (except on the larger lakes).

I just can't get past the +$100K gold that Babylon has. Can you just give a few details about how he got that (if you of course). I mean, what kind of land did he have? Number of cities?

Are the Diety bonuses that skewed towards the AI? Holy crap!

I would bump up the number of civs to 16 on a huge map. I play with 11 civs on a standard map and even that was too much room.

I still would recommend the Lakes map (with interior seas) over Pangaea. That way you get a similar terrain, except more of it and the AI doesn't have to rely on a navy at all (except on the larger lakes).

Actually in that case I`ll play with 18 other civilizations and on Great Plains map. It has almost no water and all terrain is similar.

Spoiler :

I just can't get past the +$100K gold that Babylon has. Can you just give a few details about how he got that (if you of course). I mean, what kind of land did he have? Number of cities?

Are the Diety bonuses that skewed towards the AI? Holy crap!

Mind, this is turn 500 approx.
If he had some golden ages going and has traded with the other AIs some this isnt unreasonable much.
With an income of 500 gold per round this comes quickly.
He's just not spending it, which I find strange.
And at the moment of the screenie he got some 718 gold coming in.

This game might be postponed seeing as i just got my hands on New Vegas. We will see...

lissenber, I would be interested in how you do, whenever you get around to play it. That's sounds like a challenging setup.

Top Bottom