Beginning of the World As We Know It 4

I kneelt down last night by the beach to pray and I sighed. We are so far now from our once home - in fact many of you here have never even seen it. Utah tugs at my heart and the losses we have suffered gnaw at my conscience. What can I do but sigh?
Every time we pack up our bags I tell each one of you that we are going home yet we get further and further away from the places we once called home. Be that in Utah or in our Monticello. I stand up here each week and tell you all that we will move on, that there's a better place waiting for us in just a moment. Sometimes before I speak I feel like I don't have the words to give you. I feel so wholly inadequate as your leader, just as lost as you are and with no compass by which to find a direction. We've lost friends and loved ones along the way. Lovers and children lie dead in our tracks and every time I have to preside over a funeral I wonder if I will have the words - I wonder if I will be able to say anything.
But I always do. At that last moment I am always filled with the words to say. Not by the machinations of my own mind but as a conduit for the will of the Father. I know I could not comfort the grieving, stir up hope in the lost and guide the homeless by myself. These things are too hard in a world that often seems so bleak. I am in partnership with the Father, without him I have no strength.
I call upon all of you when in prayer to seek the guidance of the Father, to let him give you his strength so that your actions may be his actions. If every action we take is an action of love and if every word we say is a word of the Father we can say and do nothing wrong for we can say and do nothing that it not his wish.

Tonight I will go down to the beach to pray. It will be the last time I go down to that beach to pray for tomorrow we move on. Come down with me to the beach tonight. Stand in prayer and remembrance of those who have died already on this journey. Hold in your hearts those who we have lost and know that they are now numbered with the saints in the greatest light - the forever home.

Spoiler :
Its time to move on. We will continue along the coast on the Old 98. Lets see how far it gets us

Update 6: July - December, 2163
Right Behind You, Baby

Faction Reports​

Alexandrite Archivists
Spoiler :

The Alexandrite Archivists have at last begun the production of armor to help equip their militia and defense volunteers. This comes at a particularly peaceful time, as the community watches out for any further disturbances. Salvaging at the local airport and throughout the city of Gainesville have been functioning like a well oiled machine, bringing in plenty of scrap for production purposes. A smaller expedition was sent to the northwest to Alachua to succeed where previous expeditions had failed. To their surprise, they found no hostiles of any kind of Alachua, just ruined buildings and a handful of radroaches. The biggest find of the expedition was a truck full of technological parts. The parts were eagerly salvaged and brought home.

Turn Stat Changes
+350 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
-310 Scrap Parts, +62 Leather Armor from production
+10 Tech Parts from Alachua expedition salvage
+5 Population from natural growth
+25 Population from immigration

Lead Archivist’s Challenge
The Kind Flayers have contacted us again (see NPC Diplomacy). They are asking for tribute in the form of armor. Our people are not keen on the idea of helping to arm and equip raiders, but doing so may help us avoid any further bloodshed inflicted upon us. On the other hand, some of our advisors suggest that we may be strong enough to fend them off should they attack. How do we respond to their demands?

Mr. Bawkes's Box Emporium and Boxing Solutions
Spoiler :

The Box Emporium has bought out a rival and merged with them, now offering bottles as well as boxes. Local area scavenging has been similarly successful, making it a good year for the home front as another beached cargo freighter was found to have intact technology within its rusting hull. Unfortunately scouting in the area of New Berlin brought nothing of value, and nothing could be found at all in the ruins of any value outside of scrap. They decided to head further out and examine the northern periphery of the Jacksonville ruins. In passing through Oceanway, they had significant problems with the local wildlife. The barking of dogs attracted the attention of some sort of elusive scavenger in the area, which would strike against the party and its sentries, killing and then retreating. They located a group of panthers that seemed responsible and killed them in a vicious fight. The attacks failed to end as a result. This threat prevented the party from scouting the ruins so they pushed onward towards the Jacksonville International Airport. The airport had apparently been directly hit by the bombs of the Great War, and its automated defensive systems remain active. Choosing to avoid confrontation they pulled back, but not before one scout found a small cache of rifles in a nearby cargo truck. A similar scouting expedition was proposed to Ceeargi to go into the heart of Jacksonville, but they refused, claiming that people who go into Jacksonville simply don’t return.

Turn Stat Changes
-150 Food from rival buyout
+275 Scrap Parts, +8 Tech Parts from local area scavenging
-10 Population, -25 Ammunition, -5 Dogs from northwest expedition losses
+15 2-H Guns from northwest expedition salvage
+5 Population, +5 Dogs from natural growth
+25 Slaves from immigration
-320 Food, -320 Water from consumption
-15 Food from animal consumption

Mr. Bawkes’ Challenge:
We’ve found an issue which could strain our relations with Ceeargi. Apparently they do not take us seriously as a company, and mock us constantly whenever our box salesmen show up. They apparently get by on substandard boxes produced before the Great War in great quantity or just use slabs of wood to make their own whenever they need it. Regardless, they are failing to buy any boxes and the merchant we bought out has just left with his loot in the night. How do we deal with this developing issue?

Boco Ciego Academy
When the reports of bombs falling reached Admiral Farragut Academy, the faculty was quick to take measures to secure the well being of the student body living on campus. The students and some of the surrounding locals who took refuge at the Academy survived thanks to the various supplies and resources stored at the hall and relative safety of the large walled off grounds of the campus. This has allowed the Faculty Body to maintain order and reestablish the community. Being a school for youths with a naval emphasis, a natural hierarchy took over, where the faculty body oversaw everyone else. This system has in no small part due to the access to the waters of Boca Ciego Bay and the maritime competency of the population.

Spoiler :

Dockmaster’s Challenge:
As we open ourselves to the larger world for the first time since the war, we face new challenges and the possibility of new survivors attempting to join us. What sort of policy should we have towards those seeking to immigrate into our community?

The Boys in Blue
The group calling themselves the Boys in Blue, situated in Fort Pickens have disbanded. The discovery of the Pensacola Bay trading community and the other settlements led to some to decide to seek out better lives in these larger community. The disappearance of the Captain-General led to further desertions until only a handful of people remained. They soon also left, leaving behind little, except a musty old fortress at the entrance to the bay. The Boys in Blue are no more.

Citrus City
Spoiler :

The people of Citrus City have at last begun looking further inland for new contacts and perhaps to find the source of the strange mutants that previous scouts had discovered. The first effort was a small and modest attempt to scout to the north. The first stop was the ruins of Brownville, which appeared to have once been well settled and farmed, with a successful walled community. Oddly, it seemed as though the entire town vanished without a fight, leaving behind ruins to crumble. They even left behind a surprisingly large amount of valuable technology parts for salvage. The mystery deepened when they arrived at the fortified town of Gardner, who told them that Brownville was a much larger community that they had previous traded with. It had literally disappeared overnight over a decade ago, with no signs of tracks or any other way to find the people within. The expedition found what they were looking for shortly after, entering the ruins of Zolfo Springs. The large mutant humanoids were there, constantly fighting each other and anyone entering the area, they ambushed the scouts and viciously attacked them, starting to eat the horses and men alive. The rest of the scouts escaped, but barely, back to Citrus City.

A larger expedition was sent east towards Lake Placid to scout out that region. They arrived in the ruins to find some small nests of mirelurks in the rubble, coming out of the lakes to feed. The number and size of these creatures was small, and with some losses the expedition managed to clear out all of the major nests. This allowed them to continue salvaging and scouting without any additional interference. They found a large amount of tech parts in the ruins, rewarding them for their efforts. They pushed on to also explore Sebring, but they found it to be significantly more hostile. Within they saw what appeared to be alligators, but bipedal and with viciously curved claws. These abominable creatures proved resistant to all weapons the group had, carving a path through the crowd and sending them running for home.

Turn Stat Changes
+1,000 Food from local hunting/gathering
+35 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
+10 Tech Parts from northern expedition salvage
-5 Population, -5 Leather Armor, -5 Horses from northern expedition losses
-50 Population from eastern expedition losses
+300 Scrap Parts, +10 Tech Parts from eastern expedition salvage
+10 Population, +5 Dogs, +1 Horse from natural growth
-755 Food, -155 Water from consumption
-130 Food from animal consumption

The Fox’s Challenge
One of the survivors of the Sebring expedition has brought back a clutch of eggs from the ruins. They are very large eggs, and some of our people believe that they may be gatorclaw eggs. If they are allowed to hatch and are immediately hostile, they could kill quite a few people before they are stopped. Therefore some of our advisors are suggesting we destroy the eggs. On the other hand, there may be a chance that we could domesticate these creatures. How do we respond to this issue?

Crusaders of the Holy Land
Spoiler :

The Crusaders of the Holy Land have decided to stay out of the way of the gangs in Orlando, and have focused on scouting out new areas around them. The first of these expeditions gave a wide berth to the Disney theme park complexes, choosing to approach Celebration from the east. This proved successful, but they lost contact with the scouts for nearly a month. Eventually, a single man riding on the horse returned, badly injured, to Gatorland. He reported that the entire area of Celebration was full of things that appeared to be a mix of robotics and flesh. He watched as the rest of the scouts were torn apart by these abominations, and their flesh and bones used to create a grotesque mockery of the people they had been, with perfectly spherical heads, with features haphazardly painted on, and always with an enormous smile. The abominations attempted to drag people away, and a few were, but the rider could not say to where they had been taken. He said he was lucky to escape, but died of his injuries shortly after arriving home. An autopsy showed that much of his internal organs had been replaced with fleshy gears and mechanics.

A second expedition was sent into Buena Ventura Lakes, and they did manage to return, but reported that the area was full of nests belonging to a bipedal creature they could only describe as “deathclaws” due to the wicked nature of their claws. Fast moving and with sharp teeth capable of bending back steel, these creatures wiped out half of the scouts before they were able to turn back. They did come back with a couple of parts of technology and rifles, found in the ruins. The third expedition had significantly more luck, finding that the area of Pine Hills had little habitation, besides what were clearly the remains of old settlements and raider strongholds, likely destroyed in the constant warfare between the gangs of Orlando. Nothing was found of any value amid the debris. Ocoee was similarly empty, with signs of abandoned or destroyed strongholds and homesteads. However, in one of these destroyed strongholds, they found a cache of technology, which they brought back as highly prized salvage.

The last expedition was sent to West Orange, where they found the area to be teeming with bloodbugs. The veteran warriors in the party however were able to hold the bloodbugs back and even dramatically reduce their numbers in the fighting. They found a large stockpile of small arms in an abandoned warehouse, likely destined for some gun supply retailer. The weapons have been brought and added to the stockpiles.

There proved to be trouble on the home front as another band of raiders has appeared in the area claimed by the Orlando Compact. These raiders, known as Poxxy’s Chem Dogs, have set up a camp in Kissimmee, having fled from an even more brutal faction in the south. They have ignored the crucified warnings on the road but have yet to be directly hostile against anyone traveling in the Compact’s area of influence. Time will tell if these new raiders will disrupt the balance of power in southern Orlando.

Turn Stat Changes
-600 Food, +60 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons from trade with Elias City Representatives
+1,500 Food from hunting and gathering
+250 Scrap Parts from local area salvage
-20 Population, -20 Low-Tech Melee Weapons from Celebration expedition losses
-10 Population from Buena Ventura Lakes losses
+2 Tech Parts, +15 2-H Guns from Buena Ventura Lakes salvage
+9 Tech Parts from Ocoee salvage
+40 1-H Guns from West Orange salvage
+50 Population from immigration
-780 Food, -280 Water from consumption
-135 Food from animal consumption

Grandmaster’s Challenge
We’ve managed to contain the last person who came back from Celebration in a small room, but he seems to be fairly unaffected by that. He continues to behave violently whenever he sees anyone not smiling. After the recent revelations from the last scouting party to Celebration, some of our leaders believe we should put this person down, as he could be a threat or even a replica of the man we had sent. At very least, they believe we should possibly send him perhaps to Elias City for study or autopsy. How do we respond to this issue?

Elias City Representatives
Spoiler :

The Elias City Representatives have begun a major campaign to make sure that they are able to defend themselves against the myriad threats of the wasteland. A new forge has been constructed, and with it hundreds of melee weapons, from swords to spears, to help arm the population. This has come amid a deal with the Orlando gang known as the Bobblers, who demanded all Vault-Tec bobbleheads within the area of Elias City. The Representatives of course complied, allowing the Bobblers to conduct a pilgrimage to the exhibits on Elias City property. Thankfully there were no incidents, but the Bobblers remain enigmatic as they refused to take off their bobble-shaped helmets for any reason. The people of Elias City gave them a wide berth as they appeared to pray to the various elements of the Vault-Tec exhibit.

Alarms were raised with the arrival of a large group of raiders in Kissimmee, called Poxxy’s Chem Dogs. Reportedly they had come from further south, where an even more vicious group had defeated them and driven them out. The arrival of these raiders in the Orlando area could very well tip the balance in the region towards one of the local other factions.

Turn Stat Changes
-300 Scrap Parts, -5 Tech Parts from construction
-1,300 Scrap Parts, +1,000 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, +60 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons from production
+600 Food, -60 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons from Triangle Trade with Crusaders of the Holy Land
+875 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
+15 Population from natural growth
+20 Population from immigration
-1,110 Food from consumption
+490 Water from surplus production

Senior Manager’s Challenge
Our newfound relations with the Bobblers has apparently not gone unnoticed by the other gangs of Orlando. The Felony Lane Gang has contacted us with a proposal (see NPC Diplomacy). This proposal puts us in a tough position which will likely end up with us angering one gang or the other. How do we respond to this delicate situation?

Fair Play Inns
Spoiler :

Fair Play Inns has had a fairly good end to the year, celebrating the conquest of Hartwell with a party, while remaining focused on the future. Salvaging in the areas they had explored continued, but with a severe escalation of wolf attacks on isolated parties in the Martin and Lavonia area. Quite a few were killed by the vicious wolf packs. A trade was also conducted with the nearby Vault 107, giving them some alcohol and technology in exchange for a large amount of water. Strangely, the vault only provided the Inns with half of the water agreed upon in the deal, before shutting the door and refusing to open. Scouts reported that for the rest of the year no vault dwellers emerged at all from their citadel, as the water was simply left outside. There was also some unrest over a declaration that human meat would no longer be traded for nor served in the Inns, and a small number of raiders deserted in the night upon hearing that, but the slaves seemed at least a little less terrified all the time.

Another effort was made to catch and kill a strange beast spotted in the Savannah River. Unfortunately, the beast, whatever it is, eluded the best efforts of the Fair Play Inns to defeat it. Never more than a shadow was seen under the waters, and it consistently escaped without anyone being able to identify it, the water always becoming too murky to see through. Plenty of time and energy were wasted in the effort, with the raiders never really getting close enough to do it harm.

A series of small expeditions were sent out of the newly acquired town of Hartwell, despite the claims of the surviving townsfolk that there was nothing of interest in the area. These reports were verified, as nothing of interest or substance was found in the area immediately around Hartwell, so most of the focus of the scouts went towards the exploration of the Hartwell Dam on the Savannah River, as it was the only targeted feature that still remained. Surprisingly it appeared that the dam was still mostly intact, at least the concrete foundations which kept the lake pinned in. The expedition went in, to find strange flying creatures that resembled moths, but appeared to expel electricity, shocking anyone foolish enough to get too close. They also discovered a small cache of laser weapons left behind by guards, but little else of any value.

Another scouting party was sent south, visiting first to a place called the Georgia Guidestones. Despite being in a rural area, the region around the stones proved to be completely free of any significant human or animal life. The guidestones themselves were just an odd collection of rocks that once had writing upon them, but had long since faded away. All that remained was an E carved into each rock, surrounded by stars. One of the scouts noticed that there was an area of unusually clumped earth, and they dug. Underneath they found three crates, the size of coffins, each with the same symbol, upon return, they discovered that each crate was somehow generating energy, and something was being powered. They were unable to open any of the crates. The scouts went on to other places, and in Bowman found a strange bipedal creature with horns and enormous teeth, the claws were the most prominent feature, earning them the nickname “deathclaw.” The scouts decided to give Bowman a wide berth. The neighboring town of Goldmine was empty, but there had been apparently a settlement established there at one point. Chewed bones, and enormous claw-like gashes in the walls and buildings provided some clues at what may have happened to the townsfolk. Nothing of interest was found.

Turn Stat Changes
-20 Population from food policy deserters
-2 Tech Parts, -5 Alcohol, +480 Water from Vault 107 trading
-34 Alcohol from party consumption
+300 Food from hunting/gathering
-10 Population, -20 Slaves from local area scavenging losses
+505 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
-750 Food, -310 Scrap Parts, +100 Alcohol, +110 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, +30 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons, +50 Improvised Explosives from production
+3 Mysterious Crates, +5 Laser Weapons from Hartwell scouting
-345 Food, -195 Water from consumption

Innkeep’s Challenge:
Vault 107 has closed their door and refused any interaction with the outside world. There’s no signs of life from behind the door and they closed up shop as soon as we delivered the technological parts they requested. They left a good supply of water, equaling to half of what we had agreed upon, outside of the vault door. As far as we can tell they have no intention to ever open the door again, welching on our agreement. How do we save face in this situation?

Folkston
Spoiler :

The people of Folkston have continued on with their lives, increasingly nervous about the decline in food stocks and supplies. To make matters worse, research has continued into the unusual plants from the south. Some more people have clearly been infected by spores, and died in their homes, rather than in quarantine. The plants have begun spreading from wherever these poor souls died, and while some have been destroyed by family members, there is a real risk of the community becoming overrun should action not be taken by the leadership.

A large group of scouts were sent out towards the east, heading in the direction of the ruins of Kingsland. There they found that the area had presumably been directly hit by a bomb during the Great War, and background radiation levels were high, but still at a safe level. The added benefit of this was that the area seemed empty of any hostile habitation. They were able to find a good amount of technology and even firearms from the ruins before returning home.

Turn Stat Changes
-100 Ammunition, +10 Improvised Explosives from production
-10 Population from plant deaths
+180 Scrap Parts, +5 Tech Parts, +45 1-H Guns from Kingsland expedition salvage
+5 Population, +5 Dogs from natural growth
+20 Population from immigration
-80 Food, -230 Water from consumption
-90 Food from animal consumption

Madame’s Challenge:
The Ruby Vipers have shown up with a demand (See NPC Diplomacy)! This is a clear demand for tribute, and caving in will likely make the raiders stronger should we have to face them in the future. On the other hand, it would mean less mouths to feed and some peace to be had. How do we respond to these demands?

Ganglaw
Spoiler :

The clans of the Ganglaw have had a bit of an incident on the home front. The group known as the untamed were taunted some of the dogs belonging to the Arsenic Hounds. Unfortunately it seemed that some were let off the leashes and attacked the Untamed. The result was a minor bloodbath between fighting raiders that left a few people dead from both the Untamed and the Hounds and some dogs dead. At least for now the situation seems to have quieted. Also on the home front, a number of new water filters were constructed, helping to prevent significant loss of resources. The largest focus however, was the launching of the most recent Fetch Game.

The first stop of the Fetch Game was in Pineview, which they found to be overrun by ghouls. The ghouls were fairly easily dispatched by those using melee weapons, and kept at bay from most of the scouting and salvaging operations going on. The Arsenic Hounds were surprised and pleased to find that a private kennel of dogs had been operating in the area, but that the owners had vanished. The unfed dogs were a happy addition to the Game. A similar small number of ghouls existed in Finleyson, and they were dispatched, but not before killing some slaves doing salvaging. Thankfully their sacrifice led to the discovery of some more technology.

The Fetch Game came to a screeching halt, however, when they stumbled across a group calling themselves the Stranglers in Goose Neck. This powerful and large raider band seems to have only recently arrived in the area. They seemed unimpressed by the Ganglaw’s achievements, but let them pass unmolested for the time being. The Fetch Game moved on to Hawkinsville, which had a surprisingly large population of wild boars, which charged and killed quite a few slaves and always disappeared before retaliation could commence. In the Ocmulgee Wildlife Management Area the Ganglaw found something that gave credence to the power of the Stranglers, a band of bedraggled raiders calling themselves the “Incels.” They claim to have been viciously oppressed and pursued by the Stranglers, and were eager to join up into the Ganglaw with what little they had. In Browndale they found nothing, and it appeared the best locations in town had long since been picked over by other scavengers.

Turn Stat Changes
-800 Scrap Parts, -16 Tech Parts from construction
+1,000 Food from Philema hunting/gathering
-10 Population, -10 Dogs from dog fighting accidents
+50 Population, +640 Scrap Parts, +16 Tech Parts, +50 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, +35 Dogs from Fetch Game salvage
-50 Slaves from Fetch Game losses
+10 Population, +5 Dogs from natural growth
-1,195 Food and -195 Water from consumption
-75 Food from animal consumption

MacMaster’s Challenge
The Stranglers are poaching on our turf (See NPC Diplomacy). They have demanded we leave the area to them and go elsewhere. We’ve put a lot of work into this place, and leaving now could cause us problems with some of our member gangs. How do we respond to this demand?

Grackle Felda
Spoiler :

Peace has emerged at last for Felda, as the Grackles have made a peace with the Brass Lions, establishing spheres of influence for salvage operations. The Brass Lions have agreed to stay somewhat to the north, though they have retained rights to the area within northern Fort Myers. The Grackles have continued to reach out into the wasteland to explore the lands beyond that which they know. The first place they reached out to was Immokalee, where they found a paranoid settlement which was surprised to learn that a deal was reached with the Brass Lions. They had long since fled the Brass Lions to this location, which they have called home, under the protection of a sophisticated defense network. They congratulated the Grackles on their victory, but have remained wary towards them overall. Another expedition was sent to the Lazy Spring Recreational Park, but they found none of the facilities intact, so they spent most of their time finding new salvage from the ruins of Lehigh Acres.

Turn Stat Changes
-600 Scrap Parts, -2 Tech Parts from construction
+200 Scrap Parts from Lazy Springs and Lehigh Acres area salvage
+15 Population from immigration
-10 Food, -510 Water from consumption
-140 Food from animal consumption

Elder’s Challenge
We have heard rumors from recent immigrants of another group that has come into conflict with the Brass Lions. Allegedly called the “Sons of Hope,” this group is said to be originally from a prewar military faction that helped the civilian population rather than leaving them to their fate like most. If we were to find and contact these people, they could prove valuable allies for a future fight against the Brass Lions. On the other hand, we could let sleeping dogs lay and avoid the possibility of angering the Brass Lions by making friends with their enemies. How do we respond to this issue?

Guards of the Coast
Spoiler :

The Guards of the Coast immediately responded to the aid of Neuquex when it became clear that they were under attack by a hydra enraged by previous actions. The Neuquex militia managed to hold it at bay, but the Guards effectively destroyed the creature, using advanced weaponry. Neuquex was extremely grateful to the guards for their heroism. Most of the rest of the year was spent salvaging on Sugarloaf and Middle Torch Keys, but it became clear that the best work had already been done there and very little of any value remained. A small amount of scrap was retrieved, along with a surprisingly concealed stockpile of technology, which was determined to be intact, and brought back to Key West.

Turn Stat Changes
+750 Food, +200 Water from Neuquex support
-300 Ammunition from hydra battle
-300 Scrap, -1 Tech Part from construction
-2 Energy from small boat ferrying efforts
+200 Scrap Parts, +8 Tech Parts from Sugarloaf and Middletorch salvaging
+10 Population from natural growth
-500 Food, -50 Water from consumption

Admiral’s Challenge
It’s clear that we’ve exhausted the supply of scrap and salvage we could find in the Keys locally. We could head further up towards Marathon, but due to the distance, it’s likely we will suffer increasingly worse diminishing returns on what we can bring back in a timely fashion. Some of our advisors recommend an expedition to the mainland, ideally to find a settlement or stronghold that we could annex and use as a base of operations to salvage the Floridian peninsula more effectively. They argue that we have the firepower and training to take on any barbaric states that could exist in the area. How do we respond to these ideas?

Hermetic Order of the Drowned Temple
Spoiler :

The Hermetic Order has continued to make its efforts to safeguard the territories under its control while salvaging for supplies. White City, recently renamed Akhetaten, was the first place that needed to be defended, with the hordes of ghouls present in Fort Pierce. A large force of knights was sent into the ruins, hoping to clear out the creatures and secure the place for future salvaging. Unfortunately, they underestimated the sheer amount of ghouls present in the wreckage. Casualties were suffered and almost everyone involved was injured to some extent. They managed to clear out some of the outlying areas, but it’s clear that most of Fort Pierce remains heavily infested with ghouls despite the efforts. Two other expeditions were sent out, one to the Great Whites, which apparently met with success, and another to the north along the Indian River in canoes. The Indian River expedition failed to return, and their fate is still unknown.

Turn Stat Changes
+400 Water from Palm City tribute
+200 Scrap Parts from local area salvage
-100 Scrap Parts, +2 Canoes from production
-20 Population, -300 Ammunition from Fort Pierce ghoul cleansing effort
-10 Population from secret mission
-10 Population, -30 Ammunition, -10 Laser Weapons, -2 Canoes from lost river expedition
-55 Food, -305 Water from consumption

Dame’s Challenge
The people of Palm City have sent us a message pleading for food. They claim that their reserves are about to run out and they lack the people or materials to make up for the shortfall (See NPC Diplomacy). How do we respond to this issue?

The Lordship of San Marcos
Spoiler :

The Lordship of San Marcos has had to spend significant amount of time and energy preserving order in the new conquest of Spuds. Rebellious serfs, outraged at the conquest, have managed to reprogram their slave collars, detonating them and killing some of the occupiers and their supporters. Some clever reprogramming of the collars and harsh treatment of rebellious serfs, including by death, has led to the loss of serfs, but at the benefit of restoring order. For the time being, it seems as though the rule of law has been established, though the serfs continue to simmer with unrest. Many continue to work their farms and gather scrap for their new masters.

Expeditions were also sent out to explore the wasteland, and the first was sent to the ruins of Palatka. They found the bridge across the St. Johns’ River there wrecked but still passable, but the road was blocked by a fortification stuff to the brim with raiders. The raiders spotted the scouts first and attacked, leading to heavy casualties, as the serfs were sacrificed to allow some of the regulars to escape. The raiders call themselves the Red Chainsaw Crew, known for their wielding of the eponymous weapon in battle.

A second, slightly larger, expedition was sent along the old roads towards the ruins of Palm Coast. The expedition started by attempting to travel along the coastal barrier islands, beginning with Anastasia Island. Unfortunately, most of the island was half-sunken into the Atlantic Ocean, with easily a foot or more of water in any place. With the hazards presented by this, a large amount of alligators proved to be present in the area. This led to many misteps and hazards for the party, but they avoided any significant or lethal injuries. Despite the low expectations, they found a wrecked army convoy, which had a large cache of preserved laser weapons within and some parts of technology. The expedition was stopped short however, when they came across a stilt-fortress bearing an unusual green and white banner with a red moon and star upon it. The inhabitants proved to speak an unknown language and were immediately hostile, attacking the scouts as soon as they attempted to make contact. In the ensuing battle, most of the serfs were killed, and the rest of the party retreated. The only name they could identify these people as were the “Jundiin.”

Turn Stat Changes
-10 Population, -40 Slaves from suicide attacks and restoring order
+700 Scrap Parts from local area salvage
-10 Population, -50 Slaves, -60 Ammunition, -50 Low-Tech Melee Weapons from Palatka expedition losses
-10 Population, -30 Slaves, -90 Ammunition, -30 Low-Tech Melee Weapons from Palm Coast expedition losses
+3 Tech Parts, +50 Laser Weapons from Palm Coast Expedition salvage
+10 Population, +10 Slaves from natural growth
+5 Slaves from immigration
-190 Water from consumption
+460 Food from surplus production

Commander’s Challenge
The discovery of new raider bands has given us some concern, particularly with our Energy reserves beginning to run low. It’s unlikely that we can as easily wipe out both of these groups, without expending the last of our reserves that power our advanced armor. They are both hostile and know of us, what do we do?

The Most Pious and Holy Fraternity of the Star Engineers
The inheritors of an ancient tradition of the construction of the Stars, the Most Pious and Holy Fraternity of the Star Engineers believe that the men and women of Old America were capable of magic sorceries, able to bend the stars to their will and create new ones. The Star Engineers of Old America would place their man-made stars in the heavens, where they would spy upon the earth, carry messages to other Star Engineers, and even cause suns to fall to the Earth to destroy their enemies in Thaumo-radioactive Fire. It was this power that destroyed the Star Engineers, as they used it too often against their rivals and smote their enemies. The last remnants of their Most Pious and Holy Fraternity, hiding underground in the Facility, have in the generations since lost this knowledge - they puzzle over the Arcane Consoles, pore over every piece of the Void Birds that sit within the vast caverns of the Facility and study the strange scripts and symbols that are extruded from the Arcane machines or flit across the Enchanted Glass from time to time. But now, as the radiation recedes and food runs low, the Most Pious and Star-Clad Chief Astronaut Orion Pisces III has given the order to emerge from the Facility, and obtain what secrets exist above.

Spoiler :

Chief Astronaut’s Challenge
As we open the bunker and view the world beyond, we become aware of those out there who have not lived in safety. These people are mostly looking for safe haven and a home away from the devastation of the wasteland. How do we deal with those who may seek to immigrate into our ranks?

Nuclear Dragon Clan
Spoiler :

The Nuclear Dragon Clan has thankfully avoided any disasters or attacks, helping them continue to grow peacefully. Another expedition was sent into Boca Raton to salvage a local factory, but once again came back empty-handed of anything besides scrap. As production of weapons continues and the community grows, it has been noticed that there seem to be fewer mirelurks in the Boca Raton area than there were previously, and it’s assumed that the frequent expeditions have been successfully whittling down the mirelurks’ numbers as the years go by. With luck, eventually the people of the Clan may be able to salvage Boca Raton without worrying about mirelurks at all in future years.

Turn Stat Changes
+130 Scrap Parts from local area salvage
-20 Scrap Parts, +20 Low-Tech Melee Weapons from production
-55 Food from consumption
+195 Water from surplus production

Emperor’s Challenge:
We’ve found that one of our people has been attempting to breed mirelurks in captivity. Everything we know about these creatures says that they cannot be domesticated, but this individual is claiming otherwise. He believes that with work and tender care, he can establish an emotional bond with these creatures and give us a new harvestable source of food. Some of our advisors believe him to be a madman and that he should be stopped immediately and his mirelurks destroyed before they become big enough to cause damage. How do we respond to this issue?

Poxxy’s Chem Dogs
Spoiler :

Seeing the unlikeliness of victory over the vault dwellers, the Chem Dogs have decided to pack up and run for it, burning Reaper Hold in their retreat. They decided to head north towards the ruins of Orlando, hopefully escaping annihilation at the hands of Vault 404. The first stop was Haines City, where a small settlement had existed and paid tribute to the Reapers. The Chem Dogs, desperate for supplies and munitions, attacked and overran the settlement. The people of the town desperately defended their land, but by the end of the fighting nothing remained but burning buildings and corpses, as the few survivors were enslaved by the Chem Dogs. The biggest reward, however, was the seizure of the town’s head of Brahmin, one of the few places in the wasteland that had them. They have been pushed along by the Chem Dogs, and added to the moving group.

After crushing Haines City, the Chem Dogs pushed onward, and avoided a mass of ghouls that were lurking within the ruins of Davenport. A similarly large amount of ghouls was eluded in Loughman, as they attempted to push on without losing any more of their precious few remaining raiders. In the area around Intercession City, the Chem Dogs were blighted by large panthers, which hunted the sentries and scouts of the raiders, picking off isolated individuals. The rest of the journey was simple, passing through empty Campbell to set up a new encampment in Kissimmee. They even found a small supply of guns in the ruins.

Setting up in the area south of Orlando has proven to be a mixed bag for the Chem Dogs. They have learned from local travelers that the area is under the protection of something called the “Orlando Compact,” an anti-raider and anti-bandit organization that leaves behind crucified remains of those who try to thieve and rob in their area of influence. On top of that, it seems that the metropolitan Orlando area is under the control of four rival gangs, all of which are significantly more powerful than the Chem Dogs.

Turn Stat Changes
-40 Population, -125 Ammunition from exodus losses
+10 Slaves, +150 Ammunition, +400 Food, +400 Water, +65 1-H Guns, +45 Brahmin from exodus salvage
+5 Population, +5 Brahmin from natural growth
-535 Food, -580 Water from consumption

Doctor’s Challenge:
We have learned that there is a gang in Orlando called the “Bobblers.” The devotees of the Bobblehead are enamored with their mysterious masks and culture. There is a risk that they may break away and join the more powerful gang. How do we keep authority?

The Preservatory
Spoiler :

The people of the Preservatory have continued to develop and build their infrastructure, with the addition of an armorsmith to the vault. Combined with the forge, they are now capable of production of ample weapons and gear to help them stay competitive in the wasteland. Some of the new gear was put to the test as an expedition was sent to the northeast. They entered the ruins of Shady Hills only to be attacked by a monstrous humanoid figure that appeared covered in hair, ambling like a monkey. Survivors stated that the only thing worse than its appearance was the foul smell that proceeded it. The creature seemed to shrug off bolts from the crossbows and tore apart the protectrons with the expedition with its bare hands. Others emerged from the ruins and attacked the scouting party, leading to heavy casualties as these ferocious beasts rampaged through the group, killing with single punches.

A second expedition was sent directly north, stopping first at Sunwest Park, where they found some firearms in a security locker. There was nothing else to be recovered, and it was discovered that the nearby friendly community of Aripeka was likely responsible for the salvaging of everything of value there. The local leadership was wary towards the vault dwellers, and refused them access, claiming a longstanding dispute over farming and scavenging territory with the neighboring town of Spring Hill and a band of raiders further north. They warned the vault against poaching salvage in their lands. The vault soon spotted the raiders that Aripeka spoke of, calling themselves the Black Razor Gang. Having been given good warning, they attempted to avoid the raiders, but could not avoid a small skirmish with them, leading to some casualties. They still managed to explore the ruins of Timber Pines, gathering some scrap to return to the home base. Based on evidence, it looked like a community once existed there but was wiped out in a post-Great War attack.

Turn Stat Changes
-300 Scrap Parts, -5 Tech Parts from construction
-600 Scrap Parts, +120 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons from construction
+620 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
-60 Population, -30 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons, -10 Protectrons from northeastern expedition losses
+60 Scrap Parts, +25 1-H Guns from northern expedition salvage
-20 Population, -120 Ammunition, -5 Protectrons from northern expedition losses
+10 Population from immigration

Overseer’s Challenge
The Black Razor Gang has sent an emissary demanding tribute (See NPC Diplomacy)! While we could easily supply the food and water they are demanding, some of our people are not enthusiastic about supporting a band of raiders. How do we respond to these demands?

The Revenant Corps
Spoiler :

The Revenant Corps has continued to make efforts to secure Marietta and the valuable salvage within. As the year drew to a close, scouts stumbled upon the worst infested areas with ghoulified bears, leading to vicious fighting with the creatures. Thankfully, at the end of the day, the last remnants of the creatures were swept away, leaving the Corps victorious, but not without losses. The salvage was returned to the base as the area was deemed safe. The focus of the Corps was upon a large amount of five-man scouting teams that were sent out throughout the region to explore the Atlanta outskirts and beyond.

Scouts to Arbor Forest were the first to report back, coming with a surprising amount of technological equipment, and the report that the area had a slight infestation of ghouls but no other signs of life. A similar situation was reported in Shiloh West, but instead of technology, the expedition brought back a large supply of conventional assault rifles they said they had found in a police station. An even larger number of ghouls was reported in Kennesaw, and these scouts also returned with guns from a local shop. Those sent to Oak Grove claimed to have heard the howling of wolves while there, but came back empty-handed. West Hampton on the other hand was confirmed to be empty of any significant habitation, and the scouts came back with some technology scavenged from the ruins.

Not all was good news, however, the scouts sent to Noonday and Wesley Station failed to return entirely. The worst was found by the expedition sent to Acworth. Within the ruins of this fortified town there was a massive raider clan dug in heavily. Armed to the teeth, they were able to ambush the scouts and interrogate them heavily. All of this was learned by the Corps, when emissaries of the raiders, calling themselves the Clawmen visited the bunker. Other scouts to Woodstock reported another band of vicious raiders, calling themselves the “Hippies,” constantly on chems. They ignored the party, which was able to return safely with the report. Another expedition had similar results at Country Lake, finding a group of raiders that called themselves the Good Ole Boys.

Turn Stat Changes
-10 Population, -150 Ammunition, -30 Energy from scouring of Marietta
+190 Scrap Parts from scavenging of Marietta
-15 Population, -15 High-Tech Melee Weapons from lost expeditions
+9 Tech Parts from Arbor Forest scouting
+45 2-H Guns from Shiloh West scouting
+40 1-H Guns from Kennesaw scouting
+3 Tech Parts from West Hampton scouting
-260 Food and Water from consumption

Captain-General’s Challenge:
The Clawmen have arrived with an emissary demanding tribute (See NPC Diplomacy). Some believe that we may want to pay them off for now so that we can continue salvaging and working to survive. Others believe that we should roll the dice and either ignore or exterminate them. How do we respond to these demands?

Sons of Hope
Spoiler :

The Sons of Hope have managed to crack down and stop any further thefts of ammunition from their stockpiles, and have made bold strides in development. More farms and water filters have been added to the growing community, though they continue to fall short of meeting the full production they need. After hearing rumors that an opportunist was selling the ammunition to a gang called the Brass Lions, scouts were sent out towards the raiders’ base of operations to the north. They found a surprisingly well fortified encampment armed to the teeth located in the ruins of Alva. They avoided entanglements on the way there, and reported several scouting parties sent out by the raiders that they had to elude. The scouts reported also that the raiders had apparently previously come in conflict with a group called the Grackles, who have a community out east, and could be allies to the Sons’ cause.

Turn Stat Changes
-10 Ammunition from stolen ammo
+350 Scrap Parts from local area salvage
-400 Scrap Parts, -3 Tech Parts from construction
-190 Food, -390 Water from consumption

Hope’s Challenge
The Brass Lions have found us! They have issued demands (see NPC Diplomacy) for us to provide tribute to them in the form of ammunition. Obviously, some of our leaders are dramatically opposed to giving up some of our precious ammunition and arming raiders. On the other hand, we could buy some time to mass up for an attack. How do we respond to these demands?

Stake of Monticello
Spoiler :

The Mormons have once again been on the move, leaving the ruins of Panama City, and slipping out to the south under the noses of the Ivory Angel Company. They found the remains of an old Air Force Base there, but the defenses in the base were still operational and drove off the Mormons, with heavy casualties. In Mexico Beach they found mirelurk nesting grounds, but the enormous appearance of the mirelurk queens helped alert the Mormon scouts and they were able to move around without the mirelurks taking notice. They were able to take rest at a free community named Highland Joe. The town was sympathetic to the Mormons’ plight and offered some generosity in the form of food and water before they left and pushed on. They had similar success at the neighboring town of Apalachicola, which provided supplies too.

With the bridge over the East Bay gone, and the waters to the north blocking easy passage, the Mormons were forced to take a roundabout route around the bay and through the wilderness before they could find a fordable crossing of the Apalachicola River. When they reached the road once again, they found another major nesting ground for mirelurks in Carrabelle, so they were forced to find a way around to continue. Lanark Village proved to be a mostly safe campsite, as the local panthers and other wildlife kept their distance from such a large group of travelers. They managed to find some technology in the ruins and undertake some scrapping before moving on. Once again a new safe haven was found, in what was described as the “Convent of St. Teresa,” a wholly female community which forbid the Mormons from entering, but did not prevent them from having a safe rest before pushing onward.

Once again the Mormons were forced to detour around an impassable bay, before they could return to the road they had chosen. In Sopchoppy they had trouble with local ghouls, but fortunately the numbers were small and the losses minor. There in an old police armory they found some guns and confiscated technology that was quickly added to the coffers. As they left Sopchoppy, they found themselves descended upon by vehicles from the sky, and out of them came masked men, wearing bizarre masks and the symbols of old Christianity from before the Great War. They announced that some of the Mormons had been selected to “ascend to the angels” and grabbed ten people at gunpoint from the party.

After that unusual encounter, the Mormons felt particularly driven to move on, and they reached the ruins of Medcart, which were thankfully empty, except for a surprisingly unlooted gun store. They did not have long to travel when they finally reached a place free of war, monsters, and death, in the ruins of Newport. The ruins were thankfully empty and the area seemed a good place to set up farms and water pumps for survival. They hope that perhaps now they can rebuild a new home.

Turn Stat Changes
-50 Population from exodus losses
+180 Scrap Parts, +16 Tech Parts, +65 1-H Guns from exodus salvage
+200 Food and Water from Highland Joe and Apalachicola donations

Overseer’s Challenge
We’ve finally reached a place we could call home. Our people are exhausted, but still a few believe we should keep moving, further away from those bizarre fanatics in vertibirds. Most of our people disagree, but this is a debate that we need to weigh in upon. How do we respond?

Vault 117
Spoiler :

The people of Vault 117 have done their best to keep things operating well despite some adversity. The raider clan known as the Fangs has extorted some of the precious stockpiles of food and water, causing some alarm that starvation could occur. Thankfully, ample amounts of construction has taken place, bringing new farms to New Gwinnett and water filters to convert radioactive water into purified. The jewel in this construction has been the development of a new ammunition plant, which could allow the vault to replenish its long depleted stocks of munitions. Local scavenging continues at a frantic pace, but the ghouls in Lilburn continued to prove a hassle for efforts in the area, appearing in numerous locations and frequently overwhelming scavengers before they have a chance to respond. The guards sent with the scavengers have managed to clear out a few areas, but it’s likely that many hundreds of ghouls still remain.

Multiple ten man expeditions were sent out into the wasteland to explore the area surrounding Vault 117. The first of these went to Graystone and Grayson, where they were abducted by a band of filthy raiders calling themselves the “Vagrants” camped in the area. They enslaved the vault dwellers and then immediately informed the vault of the situation with their area. Another expedition up to Lawrenceville found another settlement in the area that wasn’t immediately hostile, claiming that the Vagrants and Fangs had been fighting over the area for years, and they had been constantly forced out of food and drink as they held it together in forms of tribute.

An expedition past Norcross found that Peachtree Corners had been thoroughly stripped by the people of the town. What they did not expect to find was a completely intact and unexploded nuclear bomb (See Weapons post for more information) in the center of town, around which some small shrine had been established. The bomb was retrieved from a crater by the scouts, who braved the risk of radiation poisoning to bring back this fully armed and operational weapon of the old world.

An expedition was also sent to Chandler-McAfee, where they found a functioning community called Chanafee, holding together under a single ruler. They exchanged warm greetings, but were wary, stating that the area was too flush with raiders to be trusting of newcomers of unknown origins. Another expedition to nearby Panthersville found the area picked over by Chanafee, but were pleased to find an untouched amount of technology located in a ruin. Not all of the expeditions were successful. Expeditions sent to Johns Creek and Duluth failed to return entirely, with no word of what befell them.

Turn Stat Changes
-3,800 Scrap Parts, -36 Tech Parts, -1 Machining Gear from construction
-1,180 Scrap Parts, +680 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, +100 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons from production
-20 Slaves from local scavenging losses
+2,100 Scrap Parts from local scavenging
-250 Food and Water from tribute to Fangs
-20 Population from expedition to Graystone and Grayson
+1 Nuclear Bomb from expedition to Peachtree Corners
-20 Population from lost expeditions
+9 Tech Parts from Panthersville expedition salvage
+30 Population from natural growth
+20 Slaves from immigration
+260 Food, +160 Water from surplus production

Overseer’s Challenge
Yet another raider band is demanding tribute from us, and we face another set of demands (see NPC Diplomacy). Between the Vagrants and Fangs, we are facing a worsening situation, and now rumors persist that a third gang to the south could soon be moving into the area. What do we do to ease the situation?

Vault 121
Vault 121 was opened on a strict budget, and the Overseer was made aware that there was very limited storage space in the facility, and that no excess food nor water could be stored within. Most of the room was made for living quarters and other facilities, but overall Vault 121 is one of the smallest vault Vault-Tec ever construction. In these cramped living quarters, the people have grown and developed, and soon the world beyond may be open to them, with plenty of room to stretch their legs.

Spoiler :

Overseer’s Challenge
As we open the door to the outside world we have to consider the thousands of people that may be out there looking for a place to live. With so little storage space, the vault consistently produces food and water we cannot current use nor keep and so we have plenty to spare. How do we deal with those who want to immigrate into the vault?

Vault 299
Spoiler :

The people of Vault 299 faced disaster as the year drew to a close. A major expedition was sent to land on Matecumbe Key to defeat the primitives that lived there. Unfortunately, due to the size of the boat, they could only be brought in as waves, and the natives did not give them any time to rest. Though the beachhead held, barely, it was never able to expand beyond the beach. With no cover and nowhere to hide, the expedition was constantly under archer fire from concealed position in the marshlands along the island’s coast. The few vault dwellers who attempted to head inland disappeared entirely, and the few who survived to report back claimed that the trees were festooned with deadly traps of all types. As losses mounted and the firepower of the expedition seemed insufficient to win, the boat pulled the handful of survivors out, saving a few people and the majority of weaponry.

In order to rebuild spirits after the losses in Matecumbe, a new expedition was sent north towards Miami to explore the coastline and hopefully find a safe harbor for exploration. Unfortunately, they found more hostiles along the coast. In Coral Gables they were spotted by the sharpshooters of a group called the Ghost-Touched, who picked off expedition members off of the boat as they sailed by. The Ghost-Touched apparently have a stronghold built on the water and are immediately hostile. The reasoning for this was found when they explored Palmetto Bay and found it occupied by another violent tribe of raiders called the Winged Dolphins. Interrogation of one of the raiders revealed that the two clans have been at war for some time over the scarce resources of the south Miami area. Some of this information was confirmed when the scouts from the ship met up with other vault dwellers. Claiming to be from Vault 512, these vault dwellers exchanged greetings and relief that they were not the only ones to survive the Great War.

Turn Stat Changes
-500 Scrap Parts, -10 Tech Parts, -1 Precision Tools from construction
-1,500 Food, -100 Scrap Parts, +300 Alcohol, +20 Leather Armor from production
-120 Population, -2 Energy, -520 Ammunition from attack upon the Matecumbes losses
-10 Population, -2 Energy from Miami expedition losses
+1,290 Food from surplus production

Overseer’s Challenge
The creation of a still and the production of alcohol has created new opportunities but also some discord among our people. Some of the alcohol has gone astray, as people binge on the liquor to console themselves or simply to escape the woes of the world. There is some risk that addiction could be rising among the people, unless we restrict access to booze for the population. Of course, some of our people will object to such a restriction being put in place. How do we respond to this issue?

Vault 323
Spoiler :

The people of Vault 323 have sent out another scouting expedition, this time finding significantly more success than they had previously. After cutting through the ghoul infested ruins Davie, they found that the rubble of Miramar was empty except for the occasional radroach or lost ghoul. This gave them plenty of time to look around for anything of value. It appeared as though others may have gone through the area before the vault dwellers, as the only thing that could be found was a badly hidden cache of small arms. The reason for this became clear as they headed west, finding a friendly settlement in the ruins of Weston, right on the edge of the Everglades. The settlement was wary at first, due to years of fending off raider attacks from the local clans, but eventually cordial meetings were had as the town was pleased to meet people that didn’t want to kill them on sight.

Unfortunately, the Muharibs continued their raids and attacks on the periphery of Vault 323’s territory, attacking and overrunning some scouts that the raiders had spotted near their area. This was followed by further attacks on the scavengers around the vault itself, though the surviving scouts had managed to give some warning. Still, a handful of people were abducted and more killed by the attackers. The fighting has been brutal with very little quarter given by the vault dwellers as they continue to repulse the attacks. The Muharibs show no interest in surrendering in the few circumstances where they were placed in a disadvantage, always fighting to the death.

Turn Stat Changes
+10 1-H Guns from scouting expedition salvage
-30 Population, -10 Metal Armor from Muharib raid losses
+750 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
-700 Scrap Parts, +200 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, +100 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons from production

Overseer’s Challenge
The skilled workers we have manning the armorsmith and forge are starting to become more influential and a problem for the Overseer. By merit of their skills, they have gained followers and support, and have begun to unionize as a work force. This fledgling political movement could prove problematic should they ever take a line against our government. How do we respond to this emerging issue?

Vault 404
Spoiler :

The people of Vault 404 were prepared for a continuation of the war with the Chem Dogs, and most feared the moment when the Chem Dogs would return to battle. Efforts were made as the people of the vault undertook as much scavenging and production as they could, with raw materials going into production almost as quickly as they were recovered or farmed. New crossbows, explosives, and even chems were brought out from the production facilities throughout the settlements controlled by the vault. Unfortunately, the end result was anti-climatic. During the night, the Chem Dogs vacated their stronghold, and burned what was left of Reaper Hold. They apparently fled the vengeance of the vault, and headed north. At a loss of what to do, the vault chose to hold their ground, and their territories were now raider free, a true rarity in the Sunshine Wasteland.

Turn Stat Changes
-10 Food to the Hunger
+600 Food from trade with Frostproof
-3,600 Food, -1,125 Scrap Parts, +400 Chems, +225 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons, +320 Improvised Explosives from production
-50 Food, -50 Water from gifts to visitors
+1,125 Scrap Parts from local area scavenging
+40 Population from immigration
+1,130 Food, +1,080 Water from surplus production
+1 Military Skill from lessons of the Chem Dog War

Overseer’s Challenge
The use of the chemist in the Crucible of Lust has given pause to some of our advisors. They are uncomfortable with the idea of the use of chems by our people in battle. They are concerned that this could end up warping our culture and ways to a degree we may not find pleasant, perhaps even removing the distinction between us and people like the Chem Dogs. They argue that we should take advantage of the facility to make heavier explosives, but that the Chems we have should be destroyed. How do we respond to this debate?

Vault 512
Spoiler :

The people of Vault 512 have begun to exit the vault for the first time and explore their world around them. They have sent out scouts in all directions, hoping to find any signs of civilization or salvage worth having. Unfortunately, to the south and west, all they could find was swampland, encroaching upon what ruins there were, if there were any buildings there in the first place. Florida City seemed to be mostly intact, and the efforts to scavenge and look for supplies were mostly successful. Plenty of scrap was brought in, as well as some small firearms found in a local residence. Other good news was had, as scouts along the coast met up with a small, yet functioning, boat that surprisingly had other people wearing Vault-Tec jumpsuits. Said to be representatives of Vault 323 from Key Largo, a friendly exchange of information was had before the two groups went back on their separate ways, with the vault dwellers from 323 warning about raiders and other terrors to the north in Miami.

Other scouts reported finding that neighboring Homestead was occupied by a friendly settlement, that offered some safe shelter. Homestead acknowledged that they were familiar with Vault 512’s location, but had left the door alone, rather than attempting to breach it over the years. They warned of two warring raider clans to the northeast, the Ghost-Touched and the Winged Dolphins, who had been a blight on the area and frequently extort Homestead for slaves and tribute. These scouts also checked out the nearby Homestead Air Reserve Base, and found the old base defenses to remain active and alert, and they kept away from the automated turrets and robots protecting the facility. Lastly, they checked the area of Redland, and found the area to be flooded and full of alligators, which thankfully left the scouts alone as long as they stayed away from the nests. A small gun shop was found, with plenty of small arms as a worthy salvage.

Turn Stat Changes
+270 Scrap Parts, +5 1-H Guns from local area salvage
+40 1-H Guns from Redland salvage
+35 Population from immigration

Overseer’s Challenge:
If there’s anything our scouts have taught us, it’s that we are definitely not alone! Someone in Homestead must have alerted the Winged Dolphins that we are active, and they have shown up demanding tribute (See NPC Diplomacy). Some of our people believe that we should ignore the demands, but others think that it might be worth it to buy the raiders off with surpluses that we can’t store anyway. How do we respond to the demands?

NPC Diplomacy

To: Alexandrite Archivists

The wasteland is dark and full of terrors. As we have been such good friends, we hope to continue our friendship with a nice contribution by you of fifty suits of leather armor. This will help keep you safe from those who seek to harm you.

To: The Preservatory

Welcome to the wasteland neighbor. We’re in charge in these parts, and if you want to be able to salvage anything around here, you have to pay the toll. For you, that’ll be 400 Food and Water every six months. Since you live in one of those cushy vaults, you should have no problems with that. Pay up, or else.

To: Sons of Hope

I thought we had a deal, you provide us with ammunition and we leave your scavengers and little bunker alone. Now we want more. Either you cough up 100 Ammunition every six months, or we’re going to have a violent little problem.

To: Elias City Representatives

We hear that you’ve opened your doors to those creepy bastards the Bobblers. We have a proposition for ya. You let us stage a warm welcoming party to the next group of pilgrim Bobblers and we’ll avoid entering your happy little commune south of the city, and let you be. All you got to do is let maybe two or three hundred of our boys camp out in and around your nice friendly city, and we’ll take care of everything. Trust me, you don’t want to piss us off by rejecting this offer.

To: Vault 512

May the fish fly always above you. For decades we have kept the area of Homestead safe from the evil Ghost-Touched. As payment for these services, we must insist that you provide us with 500 Food every six months. As a vault, we know you have these resources and we must have our share. Should you refuse, we cannot assure you that your horde of scavengers will be protected while they work.

To: Folkston

We’ve seen your place, and we’re not impressed. Really, I was almost convinced to just slaughter and enslave you all just to put you out of your misery. However, you’ve got something I want. Give me your dogs, and we’ll let you be and continue on with your lives. Otherwise, we’ll just have to resort to Plan A and kill you all, taking what dogs survive.

To: Vault 117

We have no interest in joining heathens such as you. The Prophet has seen the future, and it does not include your kind or those who have emerged from the depraved remains of the old world. Perhaps some few of you who repent and throw aside the tattered symbols and outfits of an outmoded era may one day be allowed to join us in Heaven.

To: Vault 117

This is our turf, and we demand respect. Give us 300 Food and Water and we won’t skin you and eat your loved ones in front of your eyes.

To: Revenant Corps

We have learned all about your delightful ways and desire to meet new people. Well, you’ve met us, and now you’re going to give us your stuff. We hear that you have an enormous stockpile of prewar goodies. We want 300 High-Tech Melee Weapons in order for you to avoid getting all of your stuff taken by us.

To: Ganglaw

This is a nice place you’ve got here. Get out, this area is ours now. If you’re not gone in six months, we’re going to have a REAL fun time with you.

OOC

@Trigo238: Miramar Lakes and Gulf Coast University are both close enough to your bunker that I consider them to be in the same general area. Therefore any actions taken there count as more or less being done in the same region, and no effect will be had scouting them or salvaging them separately.

@SouthernKing: It’s five people to a canoe, I realize that’s not really clear with the way things are currently written on the front page. Therefore you only lost ten people as opposed to the twenty you would have lost.

World Map

Last edited:
To: Weston

Boy are we glad to meet you. All we've got are clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right, and we're stuck in the middle with you. Guess what I'm saying is, well, do you wanna go steady with us? We can help each other, we've got food, water, ya know, the good stuff, and maybe, one day, when you're ready, you can move in with is. Vaults are nice.

To: Bobblers

The Bobble sees all, knows all.

It's blessings be upon you, followers of It Who Smiles Eternally Upon Us. We have arrived in this land seeking the faithful. We wish to spread the word of Bobble, and to locate his holy idols spread across the Sunshine Wasteland and restore the Great Collection. To make Bobble whole. We must make Bobble whole.

There is a holy idol in Winter Haven, ripped from our grasp by nonbelievers wearing the cloth of Bobble in horrid blasphemy. We were hoping you would help us return it to The Collection. We also have a stronghold containing a monument to It. We were hoping this stronghold could perhaps, Bobble willing, be liberated for the faithful to seek free pilgrimage.

We are also vulnerable in this area, and seek protection from you in this land spotted by the faithless. We do not have much, but can offer some tribute or whatever services you require of us.

Last edited:
To: Chem Dogs

Tell us more about the nature of this holy idol, and of the number which the supposed blasphemers wear.

To: Bobblers

The holy idol is a limited edition Bobblehead figure that we placed within an erected monument to Bobble at our stronghold in Winter Haven. It blessed us with great riches and plenty, including our chemistry lab located there. Faithful would gather there for prayer, but no longer. These blasphemers wear the number of 404 and have desecrated It's idol by leaving it unattended and neglected, as well as banishing us from the region.

From Ganglaw
To Vienna, Clinchfield

Seems like a new raider gang is in town, and they're meaner than us in every possible way. We suggest you join us and kick them out. If you miss that opportunity, we may soon die (or simply leave, safely), and you will remain one on one with the wonderful lot that calls themselves the Stranglers. If you help us, you're declared indefinite beyond-laws (free, independent non-tributaries) in the eyes of the Ganglaw.

Turn over the Untamed and Serpent Squad to be executed for their crimes against our people, and we'll happily give you all the help you need. Otherwise you and these other raiders can kill each other as much as you want.

Well, you've left us alone so far, so we'd be willing to help out with one hundred men of our militia against these new raiders, but they stay under our own command.

To: Ruby Vipers

We can accept a deal about the dogs, but since we have no way of guaranteeing you won't decide to do something against us later, we propose providing the dogs in 3 installments of 30 dogs each.

To: Folkston

I'm willing to humor your request, but I'd advise against trying this sort of negotiating later, when I'm in less of a good mood.

From Ganglaw
To Clinchfield

Giving up on the Serpent Squad is a tough sell. Had you told us about them before they joined, maybe that would've worked, but now they're our in-laws, so that part of the deal depends on how much you help us against the Stranglers. The Untamed fools, on the other hand, killed some dogs and Arsenic Hounds, so we have no love lost. But there's a problem. We've been in this whole raidin' business for a while now, and let us tell ya, having a quarter of your fighting folks hanged just before your biggest battle is a way to get your asses killed. So let's be smart about it. Send your heavy weapons teams to help us against the Stranglers (and tell them to keep their mouths shut about this here little secret deal we might strike, so that the Untamed don't betray us all to the Stranglers). Once the Stranglers are all dust, we'll let you have your revenge on the Untamed (and maybe the Serpent Squad, too - again, depends on your helpfulness). We'll send them into a little scouting run and tell you where to place your ambush. We'll let you do the killing yourself. But - after the Stranglers are killed. Patience and vengeance are cousins.

From Ganglaw
To Vienna

That's a wise decision. If that hundred folks help us in battle, we'll uphold our end of the bargain. You'd be forever beyond-laws.

Last edited:

We can't trust the Untamed or Serpent Squad, there's no way we will join them in any battle, for fear of being stabbed in the back.

Due to the pressures of the Sunshine Wastes and the raider-filled Orlando City, the Elias City Representatives have become increasingly militarised. The Elias Militia has become formally organised for better combat efficiency. Many of these changes were spearheaded by an eccentric immigrant who refers to himself only as “The General”. While he is very eccentric, his experience with combat and his obsession and knowledge of pre-war US military doctrine have made him an invaluable member of the Elias Militia and allowed him to quickly gain the trust of the Senior Manager.

Elias Militia Doctrine:

The Elias Militia is divided currently divided into Platoons. Each of these are numbered (1st Firearm Platoon, 2nd Firearm Platoons…). Each Platoon consists of four Fireteams and is led by a Platoon Manager. Fireteams consist of a group of three to four Militiamen/Militiawomen and is led by a Junior Manager. The General insists that bonding between these small Fireteams will improve unit cohesion. The Elias City Militia have also begun repurposing the costumes found in the very anachronistic Revolutionary War themed section of the park (known as “Bostonland”) as uniforms. These uniforms are very easy to produce thanks to a large cache of material discovered in the district last month.

Elias Militia Ranks:
  • Senior Manager – The Senior Manager leads the Elias City Representatives and the Elias Militia. The Senior Manager’s authority is equivalent to the President of the pre-war United States. The Senior Manager is elected through a public election on Christmas Day.
  • Platoon Manager – The Platoon Manager is a member of the Elias Militia that commands a Platoon. The equivalent ranking within the pre-war United States Military would be a Second Lieutenant. However, due to the very small size of the Elias Militia, Platoon Managers also take responsibility for higher level strategic and tactical planning that would usually be the responsibility of higher ranked officers such as Generals in pre-war militaries. Platoon Managers are directly appointed by the Senior Manager themselves.
  • Junior Manager – The Junior Manager is a member of the Elias Militia that commands a Fireteam. The equivalent ranking within the pre-war United States Military would be a Corporal.
  • Militiaman/Militiawoman – Militiamen/Militiawomen is the lowest rank within the Elias Militia. The equivalent ranking within the pre-war United States Military would be a Private. The term Militiaman/Militiawoman could also be used to refer to individual members of the Militia of a higher rank depending on the context.

Other Roles:
  • Civilian Manager – Civilian Managers take the role of Junior Managers before the reforms to the Elias City Militia. They perform non-military bureaucratic tasks that help make Elias City run. They are not part of the Elias Militia and are not expected to fight unless under extreme circumstances. Like all inhabitants of the Sunshine Wastes they do generally know how to fight and they have weapons for personal defence. The number of Junior Managers fluctuate depending on circumstances, currently there are approximately 100 Junior Managers.
  • Elias City Representative – An Elias City Representative is a citizen of Elias City. Elias City Representative could refer to any person with higher rank as well. They make up the bulk of the workforce of Elias City and are expected to follow the commands of Civilian Managers and the Militia, however they are treated fairly like all in Elias City. They are not part of the Elias Militia and are not expected to fight unless under extreme circumstances. Like all inhabitants of the Sunshine Wastes they do generally know how to fight and they have weapons for personal defence.
  • Guests – Guests are either people who are staying here temporarily or have not yet applied for Representative Status. Guests are treated with kindness and respect like every other resident of Elias City, as long as they follow the rules.

From Citrus City
To Palomatown

We notice that you seem to be running quite short on food. We offer to trade 150 food for 30 scrap, regularly every six months.

To: Citrus City

You have a deal.

Everyone: I have a majority of orders at this point, get those orders in as I plan on starting work on the update tomorrow.

Top Bottom