Beside me problem with download RAR-files. Advise, as its correct.

swan

CivFanatics.ru TEAM
I not certain that like post does not exist.

Beside me and several acquaintance of mine are not downloaded RAR-files from Internet (than more size of file, that chance less its download completely and without errors) Ask. Prompt me, how dispose of this problems.
P.S. ZIP-files are downloaded much well and quickly.

Rar is better than Zip (marginally). Don't forget to use the option "Maximum compression" or something...
Files should download just as fast, wether they are rar, zip, html... It's the size, the speed of your net connection, and the server speed that matter.

This should be in the computer forum but on topic, Try winAce it reads both rar and zip and many other kinds of files

I use the characteristic of join:
Programm compression data

Does Not help (under GPRS, dialup beside I am absent, but I test beside friend)

Can be needs the special program. Name it, please.

Swan...

is the problem at download the files or rather using them once they are in the computer?

There is no special program for downloading RAR-files, and any web-browser (like Internet Explorer) should work O.K.

Once they are downloaded you will need a program to "unzip" them: WinRar or WinAce should do the work finely.

I hope this info will be useful for you :)

Swan .
I think I know what you mean . I have this problem too . When file is downloaded it can't be extracted and winrar message says " bad CRC something " right ? And zip and ace archives have no problem .

I think this problem can't be solved , ( that's why there are not so many rar files in eDonkey for example ) . Maybe while data is transferred Rar file loses some vital information .
Because of this I never download Rar files . Only zip and ace .

Essence of my problem is concluded in that that with the IE, RAR-files are downloaded not completely, for instance: size of file 600 kb, but IE having read approximately 200-300 kb and reports on completion of download (all is ready, file is loaded completely and without errors) Flash Get v.1.10 during download shows red discontented smile, but having loaded all same 200-300 kb breaks operation

@swan:

Then more than a .ZIP problem it appears to be a problem of the server you're downloading the RAR files from... Have you tried different sources?

@leha
RAR doesn't lost important info when transmitted. But you can create extra-compressed RAR files who don't add "recover info", and that make to recover from a error a harder task.

Top Bottom