BEST Female Leaders for Civ VII?

This is going off track now, but my 2 cents is that France should have a medieval (Milite) or renaissance (Gendarme) heavy cavalry unit for their UU, if they are only going to have 1. France was a successful cavalry power for most of its history, not an infantry power. Yet they have only ever had infantry UUs. Musketeer 3 times, the Garde Imperiale in civ 6, and the Foreign Legion in civ 5, until it was replaced by the chateau in an expansion pack.
The Gendarme originated in the Late Middle Ages so I think unlocking them in the Medieval Era and going until the Industrial, upgrading to Cuirassiers, would work.
If you consider the Franks/Carolingians part of France you could also give them the Paladin, but I guess Gendarme would work just fine and be essentially the same thing.

The Gendarme originated in the Late Middle Ages so I think unlocking them in the Medieval Era and going until the Industrial, upgrading to Cuirassiers, would work.
If you consider the Franks/Carolingians part of France you could also give them the Paladin, but I guess Gendarme would work just fine and be essentially the same thing.
Paladin...paladin... Roll 20 for dexterity, sir. (Sorry, it's just that I play D&D)

Anne of Austria could be good for France

She wouldn’t be my first choice.
Neither for me. I'd rather Henry IV, Phillipe II Augustus, or maybe replace France with the Gauls (possibly. For the Gauls, maybe Vercingetorix, Ambiorix, or... Asterix and Getafix)

Neither for me. I'd rather Henry IV, Phillipe II Augustus, or maybe replace France with the Gauls (possibly. For the Gauls, maybe Vercingetorix, Ambiorix, or... Asterix and Getafix)
I'd prefer Charles de Galle, myself, of all French leaders.

I don’t want France out, but I’m excited for some new entries to be included in the base game.

I hope they don’t go too obscure with their choice of French leader, but I guess as long as it’s not Robespierre or similar, I can deal.

Gaul has no business replacing France. Gaul and France can in fact coexist thanks to Civ 6. The closest thing that might replace France would be a Frankish/Carolingian civ, but that probably won't happen either.

I don’t want France out, but I’m excited for some new entries to be included in the base game.

I hope they don’t go too obscure with their choice of French leader, but I guess as long as it’s not Robespierre or similar, I can deal.
Friend, I'm anti-monarchist, so CUT OFF THEIR HEADS!!!

Oops French Revolution got the best of me

Back on topic, Enheduanna should be at least a Great Writer. Maybe Akkadian queen.

This is why every civ should have 2 UU slots: one for a famous civ unit and 1 for a unit associated with the leader’s period.
But what would you have for civilizations for which we only have just enough information to come up with not more than one unique unit? You could have a horse archer unit for the Kushan, but what unit would Kanishka bring to the table? A camel archer for Nabataea, but what unique unit for Obodas or Aretas?

2 UU's should not be the norm, but can work for only some civs.

Would like to see a female Mongol leader. Mandukhai Khatun (Queen Mandukhai the Wise) would be a good choice.

She also had a son named Turbolad which could possibly be one of the greatest names of all time. 😁

But what would you have for civilizations for which we only have just enough information to come up with not more than one unique unit? You could have a horse archer unit for the Kushan, but what unit would Kanishka bring to the table? A camel archer for Nabataea, but what unique unit for Obodas or Aretas?

2 UU's should not be the norm, but can work for only some civs.
Maybe each leader could have their own UU or Unique Infrastructure, alongside the civ UU and civ Unique Infrastructure, but that might be hard to do for some civs as well? :dunno:

That is already in Civ 6. Some leaders have unique components besides their abilities, and some do not.
Yes, I meant I'm not sure if it would be doable for every leader.

2 levels of trait/unit/infrastructure: one tied to the civilization/culture and 1 tied to the leader/empire. Should make it easier. Can use some more general concepts for the civilization thing, or broaden it out and pick something that isn't necessarily directly related to that civilization in particular, but isn't a default unit either.

2 levels of trait/unit/infrastructure: one tied to the civilization/culture and 1 tied to the leader/empire. Should make it easier. Can use some more general concepts for the civilization thing, or broaden it out and pick something that isn't necessarily directly related to that civilization in particular, but isn't a default unit either.
I'm still not sure I understand you. Could you give an example?

Top Bottom